ICE Vehicles: General topics

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Demand or simply a casualty of the transition to the S650?

I kind of figured a little of both, but I'm sort of out of the loop. It appears it's really just being back-burnered until a new S650 variant is developed, they're saying a '25/'26 model (if it happens).

Oh yeah, hahaha, I wasn't paying any attention, apparently the new S650 debuted :D Front end looks like an Ioniq 5 :unsure:

1664898669534.png

Big ass display :D

1664898739499.png

Quote from another [unofficial] source:

The 2024 Mustang's new Coyote V8 engine will be capable of producing over 480hp in the GT models. The first-ever Dark Horse performance series Mustang will be rated at 500hp. The new Coyote V8 is fed by a dual intake/throttle body setup to deliver better airflow, throttle response, and of course, power.

And still the excellent A10 and a manual 6-speed!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That's a nice package, I'll be interested to see the pricing. I found a bunch of a video on it, hahaha, a couple of the rolling shots it looked like a 5th Gen Camaro.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Been trying to get on a list for the Z06…. All closed.

I’m at least a year late to the party. Just a shame I wasn’t in a position to know my projected path last year….. People who were on the list since 2020 are looking at 1-2 years still before getting an allocation.

I guess I’ll have to settle for used…..

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Who knows what will change over the next few years, maybe they'll build, make a better model, you'll change your mind, etc., etc. :D

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Who knows what will change over the next few years, maybe they'll build, make a better model, you'll change your mind, etc., etc. :D

I’ve been known to change my mind!

Maybe when the ZR1/Zora or ERay comes out people will drop off the Z06 list, etc. I know I won’t be able afford ZR1/Zora when it comes out if Z06 starts at $105K.

We shall see. 5 years is a long time. If GM can produce 5000-7000 a year, that should clear the lists I would think.

Plus economic doom, etc

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Found a local dealer still taking reservations, MSRP, $500 refundable deposit. They are claiming 3-4 years wait( highly skeptical of this), but won't tell me how many are on the list.

Going ahead and putting my name down and see what happens. $500 down is relatively low risk.

If by 2025-2026 with things looking like no Z06 allocation in sight and C9 EV mules start popping up, then will just put the order in for a Sting Ray which as of today sits at a 10-12 month wait it seems.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, that's about as good as you could hope for, not a big deposit, MSRP, about in line with your timing.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's about as good as you could hope for, not a big deposit, MSRP, about in line with your timing.

Yeah just got a reply back from the top 2 corvette dealer in sales last year and their list is 2500 deep and $5,000 deposit( fully refundable until time to order).

That $5,000 is steep, but they would be the best bet to get a Z06 allocation. Just not sure on how many they will get per year. Assuming no drop outs and let’s say 360 Z06 per year( 30% of their 2021 sales), that’s 9 years from now. Don’t think the car will be in production for that long. Now if just 20% drops off, I’m looking at 5.5 years.

While I’m a serious buyer( not a tire kicker which this deposit is aimed at scaring away), it’s still quite steep of a loan to give to the dealer( even though they are highly rated).

Last edited:

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Your like reminded to say..... I went ahead and put that $5,000 down..... I am 2450 in line on that list. Come on bad economy getting people to drop off....... :D :p

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Your like reminded to say..... I went ahead and put that $5,000 down..... I am 2450 in line on that list. Come on bad economy getting people to drop off....... :D :p

Oh fun, hahaha, I'll be cheering on your sideline :D

And this is sort of weird? Funny? But I might be posting in this thread more in the not too distance future, too early to really say ...

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Oh fun, hahaha, I'll be cheering on your sideline :D

And this is sort of weird? Funny? But I might be posting in this thread more in the not too distance future, too early to really say ...

S650 in your future?

Replacing the Model 3?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It would be more of a direct Model 3 replacement :)

Several factors, some business related, but mostly where I am in 2-3 months in terms of what I really want out of a vehicle.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
In 2 weeks in putting myself on the list at the dealer wanting $5,000, I have moved up 9 spots which are all drop offs since there has been no allocations for the Z06 since the initial batch in August. If that rate keeps up, should see the car. But I doubt it. Bet as I get lower and lower, the pace of drop outs will slow down.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Cool.

For the moment, I have backed slowly away from my aforementioned ICE consideration. When I really think about gas/stations/cost/smell/etc., vs. EV, I kind of shake it off, and realize I just don't think I could do it. Especially spending the amount of the replacement and it only being a bit faster on the top end (don't get me wrong, a stunning vehicle, but ... gas.)

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Cool.

For the moment, I have backed slowly away from my aforementioned ICE consideration. When I really think about gas/stations/cost/smell/etc., vs. EV, I kind of shake it off, and realize I just don't think I could do it. Especially spending the amount of the replacement and it only being a bit faster on the top end (don't get me wrong, a stunning vehicle, but ... gas.)

Yeah the idea of paying $6/ gallon for premium hurts. But Z06 will be the weekend fun car so filling it up should only be once 1-2 months sort of deal making it more palatable.

Tesla/EV should remain the daily driver. :)

If you don't go through with it, will you still reveal what was being considered?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah the idea of paying $6/ gallon for premium hurts. But Z06 will be the weekend fun car so filling it up should only be once 1-2 months sort of deal making it more palatable.

Tesla/EV should remain the daily driver. :)

If you don't go through with it, will you still reveal what was being considered?

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to be secretive, I've been looking at BMW M3 Competition xDrive sedans, even had a conversation with the local[ish] dealer who've we've purchase a number of BMWs from in the past.

The M cars are pretty special, the Comp + xDrive (AWD) is spectacular (and would obviously check a lot of the same boxes as the M3P).

Though the wife said, "We've had a bunch of BMWs, you should get something you've never had like a Porsche ..."

o_O

Hahaha, my frugal genetics won't allow for that (she may not even realize how expensive they've become), but additionally, I'm not interested anymore in cars that can't do double/triple duty.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I didn't mean to be secretive, I've been looking at BMW M3 Competition xDrive sedans, even had a conversation with the local[ish] dealer who've we've purchase a number of BMWs from in the past.

The M cars are pretty special, the Comp + xDrive (AWD) is spectacular (and would obviously check a lot of the same boxes as the M3P).

Though the wife said, "We've had a bunch of BMWs, you should get something you've never had like a Porsche ..."

o_O

Hahaha, my frugal genetics won't allow for that (she may not even realize how expensive they've become), but additionally, I'm not interested anymore in cars that can't do double/triple duty.

But those buck teeth on the front end........

BMW's design language has been going downhill......

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
But those buck teeth on the front end........

BMW's design language has been going downhill......

It doesn't bother me on an ICE platform and on an M3 it looks wicked. I mean, holy hell, this works for me (this is actually the color combo I'd get, Dravit Gray + Fiona red):

1667321174855.png

1667321186766.png

1667321201471.png

But as stellar as that is, I think I'm done with ICE.

Even a weekend car, how much money do I want tied up in a car that sits even more than mine already do :)

I think I'm going to keep the Tesla till it's due back and wait and see what the new BMW EV platform looks like for their upcoming BEV flavor of the M3 (WOTS is 750+ HP and 4 motors o_O)

Top Bottom
1 2