iCloud custom domain email

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
Anyone using this? Impressions so far?

I'm considering doing it because I already have an upgraded iCloud plan and my gmail is almost full, so I'll either need to go in and delete stuff or pay for more storage there. And if I can get Google out of my life a little bit, I'll probably be better for it.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I would be interested in impressions as well.

I’ve been using a hosted Exchange service for a while but there are a few senders that messaged me (using other lines of communication) to inform me that their e-mails didn’t make it through. A bit scary as I don’t know how much I’m not getting, and the provider isn’t much of a help… Moving that account to iCloud would be an option.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Anyone using this? Impressions so far?

I'm considering doing it because I already have an upgraded iCloud plan and my gmail is almost full, so I'll either need to go in and delete stuff or pay for more storage there. And if I can get Google out of my life a little bit, I'll probably be better for it.
I have been using iCloud email since it was iTools (mac.com) and I have an email alias too. I haven’t tried the custom domain, but it seems like a cool feature. I’m a fan of the iCloud email service in general though.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I read about this and it sounded like it was only available in conjunction with 1Pass, which is a nonstarter. How wrong did I get that?

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can create aliases for an address? I'm currently paying for Zoho to host email for a couple domains and I make use of some aliases. Wondering if I could replace Zoho with iCloud since I'm already paying for that.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Thanks! That pretty much answered all my questions, seems like it will do everything I need it to do.

I also realized that I already have the 200GB plan and an extra domain currently not in use for e-mail, sounds like I can try it out at my earliest convenience!

I’m halfway into a yearly Exchange contract, plenty of time to try custom domains on iCloud before making a decision on the main account. 🥳

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I set up a couple of domains using this - one I share with my family and one I don’t. I don’t actually use them for anything, but I can confirm that I can send and receive email at both domains.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I set up a couple of domains using this - one I share with my family and one I don’t. I don’t actually use them for anything, but I can confirm that I can send and receive email at both domains.
…and it picks the correct address to respond from when replying. Unless it was BCC:d, then it annoyingly just picks the default address.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
OK, that’s it. Likely moving my main e-mail domain over to iCloud too as soon as I can access my mail and move everything over instead of waiting for the Exchange contract to expire.

5 hours, 17 minutes ago: INVESTIGATING
We are currently experiencing an outage that affects some of our customers in the form of e-mails and websites not working properly. We are troubleshooting this and will update the status as soon as we know more.

4 hours, 28 minutes ago: Status changed from INVESTIGATING -> IDENTIFIED
The issue is identified and we are now working on resolving this.

2 hours, 2 minutes ago: Status changed from IDENTIFIED -> IDENTIFIED
Progress has been made, but some of our customers still to experience problems related to this disruption. We currently have no estimated time for a solution but this has the highest possible priority at our end and we are working to fix it as soon as possible.

Just fix it already! Don’t make me dig into my backups and migrate accounts using those…

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
Took the plunge tonight. Didn’t bother transferring emails over, didn’t even look at my DNS settings for gmail, so I hope I like it. I’ll have to figure out my calendars next, I suppose.

Top Bottom
1 2