If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On: The Music Thread: What Are You Listening To?

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Switched to trance (no surprises there ;))

Zombie Nation - Kerkraft 400 (DJ Gius Remix)

Most folk from the UK/EU know this tune, but not all will know it was the DJ Gius version.

It's also used for some sports teams stadium music.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Listening to recordings of (and reading about) a fascinating (late Renaissance, Baroque) musical instrument that goes by the name of "theorbo" in English.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Perhaps you can see it live sometime… I cannot remember where you live, if indeed you mentioned it at some point. I might know of an ensemble in your neck of the woods…

Well, concerts (live ones) are still hors de combat due to the coroan virus pandemic.

However, I must admit that I have fallen head over heels in love with both the appearance and the sound of the theorbo.

Never mind a guitar; theorbo, here I come in some future life.

Anyway, I am listening to Baroque (which I love) pieces by G G Kapsberger.

U

User.45

Switched to trance (no surprises there ;))

Zombie Nation - Kerkraft 400 (DJ Gius Remix)

Most folk from the UK/EU know this tune, but not all will know it was the DJ Gius version.

It's also used for some sports teams stadium music.
Kernkraft "adapted" it's theme song from a C64 game Lazy Jones:

U

User.45

Kernkraft "adapted" it's theme song from a C64 game Lazy Jones:

This takes me back to Carbon Based Lifeforms - MOS 6581. MOS 6581 a.k.a. SID was the absolutely legendary combined digital and analog OSC chip of C64s. (this absolutely shows my age me as the analog kid with his digital dreams).

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Sad, but (yes, apart from Baroque music), I also love this stuff.

Jan Hammer - all of his music from Miami Vice. (Crockett's Theme; Evan; The Trial And The Balance, etc).

Top Bottom
1 2