If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On: The Music Thread: What Are You Listening To?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Absolutely spot on, and very well said.

Which of those soundtracks would you especially recommend?

Well I recently watched the film Girl With a Pearl Earring again, and have been playing that soundtrack lately as a result. Because of the very different attributes and behavior of characters in that film, Desplat gets to play with the high and low ranges of his orchestration, and the results do remind me of those characters.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Well I recently watched the film Girl With a Pearl Earring again, and have been playing that soundtrack lately as a result. Because of the very different attributes and behavior of characters in that film, Desplat gets to play with the high and low ranges of his orchestration, and the results do remind me of those characters.

Some years ago, I read the book (and loved it) though I have not yet seen the movie.

Must see if I can locate (and listen to) the soundtrack.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A night of classics, some old favourites: A few from The Stranglers (Golden Brown, No More Heroes, Waltzinblack), Queen (Who Wants To Live Forever, The Show Must Go On, Bohemian Rhapsody), Dire Straits (Brothers In Arms, Telegraph Road), The Beatles (A Day In The Life...), Supertramp (Child Of Vision, Rudy, Crime Of The Century, Take The Long Way Home), Bono & Luciano Pavarotti (Miss Sarajevo) among others.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
@lizkat: A heads-up: A very nice (and welcoming) Classical Music Thread was started last Saturday (September 4) on MR and is well worth a visit.

If I thought that a demand for such a thread existed here, I'd happily start one.

U

User.45

I've heard my first cosmic funk track 10 years ago and hooked ever since.
It is exactly the music you'd imagine for a low budget sci-fi themed erotic movie.
The synth lead with this aftertouch vibrato is just phenomenal.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Ah.

Well, I have finally graduated from the Baroque, only to arrive at W. A. Mozart.

Thus, I am now listening to his sublime Piano Concerto No 20 in D Minor K.466, 2nd Movement (Romance). Try telling me that this isn't perfection...

For anyone who frequents this thread, this is a superb - agonisingly, exquisitely, painfully - beautiful piece of music.

Listen to it, if you haven't done so already; and listen once again, - savour it - if you do know it.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Tonight listening to Brahms 2nd and 3rd symphonies. Pretty sure they beat the Emmy Awards, which I realize I'm condemning without having investigated even the live updates in a few online newspapers...

album art Brahms Sym 2, 3 - Pittsburgh, Janowski.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2