If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On: The Music Thread: What Are You Listening To?

lizkat

Elite Member
Reaction score
That is absolutely lovely; this is an artist whose work I have never come across before.

Delbert McClinton has been and remains for me an interesting performer and songwriter, an accomplished musician and it all shows up in his work. I am not a fan of "country music" in general, but I do really, really like some of McClinton's blues-side ballads, the ones that spin out a whole story you can surely believe happened to somebody somewhere. That one sounded pretty real to me.

lizkat

Elite Member
Reaction score
Some Tracy Chapman tonight, tracks from her 1988 eponymous album.

Tracy Chapman (1988).jpg

lizkat

Elite Member
Reaction score
OK all you Pearl Jam fans, livestream video of the 2016 Ten concert coming up Thursday through Saturday -- it was one of two times ever where they played the whole 1991 album and bonus tracks live, a show that ran over three hours.

Now, the band is using the 2016 Ten show as a focal point in its political initiative PJ Votes 2020, which encourages fans to vote by mail in swing states expected to determine the winner of the presidential election, with a focus on Pennsylvania.

On Thursday — the 30th anniversary of the band’s first performance ever — Pearl Jam will air a video stream of the 32-song, three-hour-plus show on nugs.TV, the live-music platform run by Elkins Park-raised partners Brad Serling and Jon Michael Richter.

The video, filmed with 11 HD cameras and mixed by Pearl Jam producer Josh Evans, will be available for $14.99 and can be watched anytime between 8 p.m. Thursday and midnight on Saturday.

You don't like Pearl Jam? Can always just watch the on-again off-again final presidential (or un-presidential) debate on Thursday. Somehow I might manage to make room for both by fetching up that concert after my Saturday chores.

Top Bottom