General Impacted Ear Wax

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The other day after I got out of the bath I had the typical water in my ears, I typically shake my head or smack it around until the water comes out. Only this time I seemed to have knocked something into it instead, it was immediate and I lost nearly all of my hearing in the left ear. The best way I could describe it is like having an earl plug wedged way deep inside.

It was a very disconcerting feeling and for the most part I was pretty disoriented, every sound I could hear was a bit off and made me look closely because I couldn't quite tell where it came from. So I ended up writing my doctor who said I would need to get in there as soon as I could to have them remove whatever it was but with COVID there was no way, it sucked but it didn't hurt or anything.

I ended up getting some Debrox ear wax remover on Amazon (next day) and after using it several times, along with peroxide, etc., nothing came out. My wife also has a syringe so I ended up using that to blast luke warm water (carefully) inside my ear to flush it out, after about 20 minutes of that and about a cup of water it finally came loose and I could hear again. I can't describe what a relief it was, like a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders after more than 24 hours.

I don't know of a long term cure for this but at least I know how to deal with it now at least.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
The other day after I got out of the bath I had the typical water in my ears, I typically shake my head or smack it around until the water comes out. Only this time I seemed to have knocked something into it instead, it was immediate and I lost nearly all of my hearing in the left ear. The best way I could describe it is like having an earl plug wedged way deep inside.

It was a very disconcerting feeling and for the most part I was pretty disoriented, every sound I could hear was a bit off and made me look closely because I couldn't quite tell where it came from. So I ended up writing my doctor who said I would need to get in there as soon as I could to have them remove whatever it was but with COVID there was no way, it sucked but it didn't hurt or anything.

I ended up getting some Debrox ear wax remover on Amazon (next day) and after using it several times, along with peroxide, etc., nothing came out. My wife also has a syringe so I ended up using that to blast luke warm water (carefully) inside my ear to flush it out, after about 20 minutes of that and about a cup of water it finally came loose and I could hear again. I can't describe what a relief it was, like a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders after more than 24 hours.

I don't know of a long term cure for this but at least I know how to deal with it now at least.

I hear you and feel your pain (or inconvenience); this is a condition I have suffered from, since adolescence.

Top Bottom
1 2