Impunity for killer cops and/or those who attempt to murder by shooting somebody 7 times in the back but they miraculously survive

Registered users do not see ads, it's free and easy. Register Here

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Reaction score
Kenosha, WI

A white prosecutor decides not to prosecute a white cop shooting a black man... in the back.... 7 times. The prosecutor says it’s clear the officer thought he was about to be stabbed. Now THAT would be an amazing feat of gymnastics to stab somebody behind you while you’re bent over leaning forward. But to the prosecutor, it appears to make sense.

Also interesting: although he claims Blake was threatening the officer with the knife such that the officer feared for his life, such conduct doesn’t warrant Blake being charged either. So, basically nothing happened; the whole thing was just an accident....?

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Kenosha, WI

A white prosecutor decides not to prosecute a white cop shooting a black man... in the back.... 7 times. The prosecutor says it’s clear the officer thought he was about to be stabbed. Now THAT would be an amazing feat of gymnastics to stab somebody behind you while you’re bent over leaning forward. But to the prosecutor, it appears to make sense.

Also interesting: although he claims Blake was threatening the officer with the knife such that the officer feared for his life, such conduct doesn’t warrant Blake being charged either. So, basically nothing happened; the whole thing was just an accident....?

Don't worry. He'll become a police misconduct civil suit millionaire. That's how it works. A handful of people get rich and the police get to go about their day terrorizing and executing people when the mood fits them. 'Merica! Maybe the police would have better funding if they weren't blowing the bulk of it on paying off victims.

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. He'll become a police misconduct civil suit millionaire. That's how it works. A handful of people get rich and the police get to go about their day terrorizing and executing people when the mood fits them. 'Merica! Maybe the police would have better funding if they weren't blowing the bulk of it on paying off victims.
He may become a millionaire, but I doubt he thinks it was worth the price.

Kenosha, WI

I've said it before, the whole 'fear for my life' bit has become a crutch for the police & others who see guns as an ultimate first & last resort.

Eventually the WRONG person is going to fear for their lives, and that whole concept is going to be put to the test who's allowed to defend themselves with lethal force under such vague circumstances.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Kenosha, WI

Did Blake die? Googling.

P_X

Elite Member
Reaction score
Paralyzed.
Which is a pretty impressive outcome given the number of shots and proximity.

"Salvi Jr. said bullets struck Blake's spinal cord, resulted in the near-complete removal of his colon and small intestine and damaged his kidney and liver."

A friend of mine is a trauma surgeon, he talks about stuff like this with such excitement and pride. I have to give it to these guys...it is truly impressive they were able to save him.

Alli

Elite Member
Staff member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A friend of mine is a trauma surgeon, he talks about stuff like this with such excitement and pride. I have to give it to these guys...it is truly impressive they were able to save him.
Will his quality of life be worth the effort?

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Did Blake die? Googling.
And at no point in this thread was it implied. Let's be careful about snarky trolling here, if you want to add substantive debate it's welcome but if it's just smart ass remarks then you'll be removed from the thread.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Reaction score
If I were in his situation, I’d be happy to be alive even if paralyzed. He seems to have people that care about him, and I hope he will have many years ahead of him.

P_X

Elite Member
Reaction score
It depends on the person/personality. Some people are incredibly resilient and make lemonade out of lemons. Others give up, get depressed and just fade away.

It also depends on what level his cord was shattered. Wiht that much gut removed, he'll likely need a colostomy bag. On the other hand, that eliminates the fecal incontience issue that comes with the spinal cord injury. Sexual function is likely impaired, and he'll likely need to self catheterize. So...It's a very rough life. But again, I've met people who don't only do generally fine in situations like this, but manage to be optimistic and inspiring. Those however, usually aren't young men.

(I'm detailing this just to emphasize what it means surviving this many shots in the back. And also, because gun lovers do not seem to think about what their beloved toys are designed to do.)

I've read an interesting case, BTW and this is likely state dependent. I was going through local murder cases and there was one death that was due to a long-term complication of a GSW sustained 40 years ago. And since it was clearly a complication of the shooting, they retrospectively upgraded the case of (AFAIK) aggravated assault to homicide.

Since charges are dropped, this won't be a scenario here, but there's a very good significant* chance that ultimately Blake will die secondary to the complications of his injury.

*(edit for empathy for a fellow human being)

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
And at no point in this thread was it implied. Let's be careful about snarky trolling here, if you want to add substantive debate it's welcome but if it's just smart ass remarks then you'll be removed from the thread.

The title claims killer cops. I am confirming to see if he died after the fact. Do as you wish Eric. I really dont care.

Top Bottom