Instagram Links Not Working

shadow puppet

Power User
Reaction score
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. I haven't found it.

Are Instagram links not working here? I've tried attaching an Insta link in the same manner most forums accept but get an error message here. I see under the media attachment link it says "Instagram (Legacy)". Not sure what that means? I may be having a Homer moment. Any help appreciated.

Solution
Marky Z has gotten extremely aggressive on blocking anybody or anything that isn’t signed in from accessing stuff on Instagram. I am working on a website that was using a proxy service to go around some of that to do he simple task of pulling in the latest 9 Instagram posts from an account we own. And they constantly find new ways to block this behavior that they apparently think eats into their bottom line...? I don’t have a personal IG account, nor a Facebook one. They can bite my shiny metal ass!

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Reaction score

Are Instagram links not working here? I've tried attaching an Insta link in the same manner most forums accept but get an error message here. I see under the media attachment link it says "Instagram (Legacy)". Not sure what that means? I may be having a Homer moment. Any help appreciated.

I think that @ericgtr12 is the person who might be able to throw some light on this, or be in a position to help with the issue.

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Reaction score

Yeah they haven't worked here or in MR for me. Once I got a message referring to what version ( Legacy ) of Instagram I was trying to share.

I just assumed it was a forum issue, that Instagram causes.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Reaction score
Marky Z has gotten extremely aggressive on blocking anybody or anything that isn’t signed in from accessing stuff on Instagram. I am working on a website that was using a proxy service to go around some of that to do he simple task of pulling in the latest 9 Instagram posts from an account we own. And they constantly find new ways to block this behavior that they apparently think eats into their bottom line...? I don’t have a personal IG account, nor a Facebook one. They can bite my shiny metal ass!

Solution

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, this board software (and likely others) are all having issues with it.

shadow puppet

Power User
Reaction score
Because of Zuck’s greed, people only share tweets instead of insta-posts. Considering tweets can have pictures too, I’m not sure what the benefit of insta-gag is.
For me, it had to do with certain thread topics here. I have lots of saved Insta links that aren't on Twitter. But if the links don't work, I can't share them.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Reaction score
For me, it had to do with certain thread topics here. I have lots of saved Insta links that aren't on Twitter. But if the links don't work, I can't share them.
Sorry that Zuck doesn‘t see the value in allowing people to view the pics on Instagram as it might encourage them to sign up. He assumes since FB is a total walled garden, insta should be the same. I prefer the open Internet. The LinkedIn block makes no sense to me either... but then again, I’m not a company that makes all its money by selling people’s personal information. If they aren’t getting salable private info about somebody, they aren’t going to let them see content.

Top Bottom