Intel releases Meteor Lake Info

exoticspice1

Site Champ
Reaction score
This Meteor Lake seems put efficiency first as opposed to Raptor lake mobile. It will be interesting to see reviews and testing.

Targeting same performance as Raptor mobile but way more efficient.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not much on the subject of core μarch, but a whole lot on "disaggregation". What a terrible word. Why not just say "modularization"? Unless that is inaccurate.
I wondered about that as well - I agree that modularization fits better for what they’re doing but I guess they went with disaggregation to emphasize that they are pulling the monolithic chip apart rather than modularity of how they’ve done it? I dunno 🤷‍♂️ - I’m assuming that’s a word that Intel used rather than Anandtech coming up with it on their own since Anandtech kept using it over and over and over again to describe Intel’s strategy.

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that they are doing this for mobile as well. I'd expect that no matter how efficient the tile-to-tile connections are, they will always have some (low) energy overhead over keeping the signal within one IC. But this approach makes sense from cost-saving perspective.

Top Bottom
1 2