Intel to make chips for Microsoft

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I'd try a Reese's Evil. I'll try anything with Reese's in the name.

I'm also an Intel fan. Not so much because I like the company. They have a big presence here where I live (Portland Oregon) and it's good to see people employed. So like them or not, I always have to root for them. 🤷‍♂️

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I like to think that "AI" is just a fad. I mean, computers are, by definition, artificial intelligence. About three decades ago, there was a thing called "fuzzy logic" which was sort of a crude ancestor of "AI". What, exactly, "Intel" is I am not sure, but I am old enough to remember Altairs and Imsais, which used the Intel 8080 (that was when 8K of RAM would cost you around $400, or about a month's rent on a decent 3-bedroom apartment in a good neighborhood). Curiously, it seems to me that the inferior 6502 typically outperformed the much better 8080.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Attachments

• IMSAI 8080 1.jpg
    IMSAI 8080 1.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMSAI 8080 2.jpg
    IMSAI 8080 2.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 17

Prevail Dias

Reaction score
Microsoft said during Intel's Foundry Direct Connect event on February 21 that the software company will be manufacturing a forthcoming chip that it built internally using Intel's most advanced process node 18A technology. Visionary Wire

Top Bottom
1 2