Internet speed question

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yesterday I did it. I killed cable.

Excellent.

I cut-the-cord back in Feb 2015, and it's been great just managing a single service (we also haven't had a landline for about the same amount of time), I love it's decoupled from the content it delivers. Heck, even the in-house hardware is all ours (our own cable modem, our own router, APs, switches).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So yesterday I went to return my 2 cable boxes to the local Xfinity store, I returned a cable box a few years ago, asked for a receipt and just that got parlayed into them trying to upsell me somehing. WTF?

Yesterday the store was pretty busy. The guy at the counter asked if an email receipt was ok. I said yes, and then he told me to just drop the equipment on the counter and they'll scan it later. The guy behind me did the same thing when he overheard that. I'm still waiting for a receipt. Considering how lightning quick they were able to mess with my equipment remotely when I changed my account I don't know why I haven't gotten a receipt for my returned equipment yet. I assume they just scan a barcode and it's done. They better not tell me I never returned the equipment.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
So yesterday I went to return my 2 cable boxes to the local Xfinity store, I returned a cable box a few years ago, asked for a receipt and just that got parlayed into them trying to upsell me somehing. WTF?

Yesterday the store was pretty busy. The guy at the counter asked if an email receipt was ok. I said yes, and then he told me to just drop the equipment on the counter and they'll scan it later. The guy behind me did the same thing when he overheard that. I'm still waiting for a receipt. Considering how lightning quick they were able to mess with my equipment remotely when I changed my account I don't know why I haven't gotten a receipt for my returned equipment yet. I assume they just scan a barcode and it's done. They better not tell me I never returned the equipment.
Hopefully you took pictures of the labels? Pretty difficult for them to refute that.
Obviously, their own system will also tell them the MAC addresses of that equipment that was connected for your service, provided they keep logs.

The original sale transaction also should have logged the model and serial number of the equipment provided to you.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

I had to return one of my mom's DirecTV boxes. They had me take it to a UPS Store where the clerk just scanned one of the bar codes and gave me a receipt that had her name and account number. So UPS apparently had access to the DirecTV database somehow.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Still haven't gotten a receipt but a few hours ago I got a text from them asking me to rate my experience at the store. If they try to say I didn't return the equipment I'll ask them what exactly they thought I was doing at the store that day, The only proof they would have that I was there would be that they scanned my equipment.

Top Bottom
1 2