iOS, or, that other thing

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
It is a good thing for Apple to have competition, so that they feel pressure to make their stuff better. Once or twice, I have considered the mobile device alternatives. The main competitor, now, has issued their latest release of their own OS

The article has this: “Android 12 rolls out Material You, a design style that Google says will someday follow you across the company's ecosystem.

Ok, I admit it, that was as far as I got. Google's operating system is going to follow you. Yeah, FTN. I use DuckDuckGo exclusively, specifically because of you, google, and that way you try to tag along behind me everywhere I go.

Building and popularizing a phone OS is extremely expensive. It is unfortunate that spy-central is the only real alternative to Apple.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Nothing you do on the internet or on your phone is private. Apple pretends they care about privacy but the lie detector (CSAM) determined that was a lie.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is a good thing for Apple to have competition, so that they feel pressure to make their stuff better. Once or twice, I have considered the mobile device alternatives. The main competitor, now, has issued their latest release of their own OS

The article has this: “Android 12 rolls out Material You, a design style that Google says will someday follow you across the company's ecosystem.

Ok, I admit it, that was as far as I got. Google's operating system is going to follow you. Yeah, FTN. I use DuckDuckGo exclusively, specifically because of you, google, and that way you try to tag along behind me everywhere I go.

Building and popularizing a phone OS is extremely expensive. It is unfortunate that spy-central is the only real alternative to Apple.

I went to Matias Duarte’s house, once. His kid was in my kid’s class and they had a party over there. Nice guy. I felt a little awkward being that I was pretty down on Android’s design.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I went to Matias Duarte’s house, once. His kid was in my kid’s class and they had a party over there. Nice guy. I felt a little awkward being that I was pretty down on Android’s design.

All this time, I thought when competing tech workers end up having to square off, they'd settle their differences with a break dance competition.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
All this time, I thought when competing tech workers end up having to square off, they'd settle their differences with a break dance competition.
Growing up in the 80s, I began to think this was how adults settled things. Made sense.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Growing up in the 80s, I began to think this was how adults settled things. Made sense.

It was the way everyone used to throw down back then. After awhile, it just seemed normal.

...then 9/11 happened.

Renzatic

Reaction score
You did that? That must have been quite the trick. I was in my 20s, and everyone was doing the opposite at the time.

I was 1 - 10 during the 80's, living way out in the rural boondocks. Most of my exposure to the rest of the world came from cheesy 70's and 80's b-movies I rented from the local gas station.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I got mad at Apple one day and switched to Android for a short while.

I was at a client's house and pulled out my iPad to do some sketches. App needed updating. Ok, no big deal. Until 2FA reared its ugly head. Needed one of those codes which had popped up on my home computer and no one was home to give it to me. So here I am in front of the client fighting with this thing. Ended up using a note pad and pen, but not the point.

Went that afternoon and bought an Android phone and tablet. Phone was great, it really was but with the rest of the family on the Apple ecosystem, it made things hard sometimes. So went back after about 8 months with the release of the "X". Still use Android tablets though.

There are 2 things Android really beats Apple on: 1) screen management. You can put icons just about anywhere you want and as few of them as you want, spread out like you want, and 2) closing apps. Two button presses can close ALL apps at once vs swipe up + swipe up as many times as you have apps open. Safari finally fixed this, but not sure why it didn't carry over to the main OS.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
2) closing apps. Two button presses can close ALL apps at once vs swipe up + swipe up as many times as you have apps open. Safari finally fixed this, but not sure why it didn't carry over to the main OS.
As mentioned before, you don’t need to close apps on iOS unlike on Android.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Here’s how to fix all problems with Facebook.

1. Delete app
2. Delete account

To quote Jeff Goldblum - “There's no step 3!"
Please sweet Jesus I cannot convince a single person to drop that shit site. It’s unbelievable.

I generally agree and use it mostly for Groups. I am a member of some riding groups and a couple of private groups, but don't spend a lot of time browsing my Newsfeed.

So yes, if FB went away tomorrow I would not shed many tears. Might even celebrate a bit. :)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Please sweet Jesus I cannot convince a single person to drop that shit site. It’s unbelievable.
Never been a Facebook user. Do not see the appeal. Every post looks the same. Every person’s page looks the same. It’s brainless. I remember a year or two ago there was some firestorm about Zuckerberg “oops” losing or selling private customer data. He responded with a Facebook post and I looked at it - it looked worse than AOL posts from the 90s. It’s utter trash.

Top Bottom
1 2