iPhone 12

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Same. I’ve this is my 2nd notch iPhone and I haven’t noticed the notch since getting my X. It didn’t even take me a day to get over it. Getting used to not having a home button took longer.
They made a really big deal over this early on but as soon as people started using the new iPhone it turned out to be much ado about nothing.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I have a second SE purchased as an apple refurb not that long ago, so I'm keeping that as my cellphone and my trusty XR as a too hefty for a phone but still beloved "narrow mini iPad". So they'll have to tempt me some other year for a phone upgrade, I'm set.

My next hardware upgrade will be replacement of my 10.5" iPad Pro and I don't demand enough of that to justify a bump on that either at this time.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's official, I still see no compelling reason to make the move from my 11.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
But there's a blue one!

Heh, something like that justified my acquisition of a green 5C back in the day. Loved that thing so I'm not sorry.. but it was the one time I bothered to go over to an AT&T store and check out the color in person before ordering online through Apple. The silky feel of it and the sturdy steel frame won the thing some bonus points.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: Apple Showcases Why They Shouldn't Be Releasing a New iPhone Annually and Why You Shouldn't Buy a New One.

I feel like Apple is so reverting back to the days before Jobs had to come back and save them, too many options and not enough compelling reasons to go for any of them. It's an embarrassment.

Having said that, I will probably be doing a hate upgrade because when I got my 11 Pro I went with the payment plan that costs more to upgrade early. If I don't upgrade early then I just wasted that extra money. Also going from a 7+ I incorrectly assumed that the 11 Pro with the smaller bezel would come out to roughly the same large size as the +. It does not and is noticeably smaller and also missing the portrait view modes available on the +. Why? Only fucking Apple knows. So I will upgrade to a Max and NOT go with the option to upgrade early this time.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I have the iPhone upgrade program. Last year I “downgraded” to the regular iPhone 11 which has been good for me and saved me a few bucks a month. This time, I could just keep the 11 and then be out of the program... or get one of the new models. I haven‘t decided yet, but I do like the blue iPhone 12 pro!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I myself have an XR that I paid outright, so when people start bugging me about XMas I might be asking to chip in for a new phone.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Kinda like the blue! :)

We're upgrading from a couple of 8+ to the 12 Pro after deciding that the 12 Pro Max would be too large. Especially with me probably getting an iPad Air soon (my 2nd Gen iPad Mini is on it's last legs).
Now this is a sensible jump IMO, it's a difference you'll surely notice as opposed to going from the previous generation which is typically negligible.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
we usually upgrade because we pay in installments so its nota big deal. but last year we battled att because they lost one phone =we mailed back and screwed up on the other and we had to fight for months and spend countless hours on the phone only for the process to start over cause someone goofed up. we ripped them new ones over and over. finally got someone in customer loyalty and they took care of it but it took a week to get refunded for all we paid them. no more mailing a phone back to att even one of the reps we talked to had a lost phone.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got the really pretty green 11 Pro Max. I think. I immediately put my phone in a case and only take it out to change cases. So the color is pretty much a moot issue.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I got the really pretty green 11 Pro Max. I think. I immediately put my phone in a case and only take it out to change cases. So the color is pretty much a moot issue.
^ This. I have never cared about the color one way or the other for this exact same reason. In fact, I couldn't even tell you what color mine is right now without looking. The beauty of this is you're not married to it and can just get whatever color is available at the time.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score

thought it would be nice to revive Jonathan Mann's lyrics to stretch-apply to the iPhone 12 in a new home of PoliticalGroove.

"if you don't want an iPhone...dont buy it"

loved his daily gems...

iLunar

Power User
Reaction score
I've been doing the iPhone Upgrade Program for a while now, and it works out well. I got my pre-approval done for the iPhone 12 Pro pacific blue. Excited for the camera as I'm a total photo nerd. And as cheesy as the naming sounds, Apple Pro Raw's tech is really fascinating. The magsafe accessories also look cool, but I'll likely wait till third party options arrive.

I think the biggest upgrade this year is to the middle-model, not the pro-models. iPhone 12 is a really amazing phone for it's price point considering 5G and A14 chip. The new colors are nice, especially the blue.

I'm intrigued by the iPhone 12 mini, and I'm curious to see how it does. Everyone always says there's a huge demand for small, powerful phones, so I wonder if that's true. It reminds me of the 5c a bit.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I've been doing the iPhone Upgrade Program for a while now, and it works out well. I got my pre-approval done for the iPhone 12 Pro pacific blue. Excited for the camera as I'm a total photo nerd. And as cheesy as the naming sounds, Apple Pro Raw's tech is really fascinating. The magsafe accessories also look cool, but I'll likely wait till third party options arrive.

I think the biggest upgrade this year is to the middle-model, not the pro-models. iPhone 12 is a really amazing phone for it's price point considering 5G and A14 chip. The new colors are nice, especially the blue.

I'm intrigued by the iPhone 12 mini, and I'm curious to see how it does. Everyone always says there's a huge demand for small, powerful phones, so I wonder if that's true. It reminds me of the 5c a bit.

Did you get pro or pro max? I couldn’t tell if the pro max camera was that much better Than the pro?

iLunar

Power User
Reaction score
Did you get pro or pro max? I couldn’t tell if the pro max camera was that much better Than the pro?

I got the pro, not the pro max. The pro max has slightly better telephoto capabilities and a bit wider focal length, and I believe better stabilization. I went with the pro because the pro max is just too large and unwieldy for active use (at least for me).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got an email from Apple announcing the iPhone 12 mini and the iPhone 12. I assume in the next couple weeks I'll get an email announcing the iPhone 12 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Why, fuck, why? I miss Steve and his "Here's one (or maybe 2) iPhones. If you don't like that, go fuck yourself and get an Android monstrosity phone." announcement. It's all just Cook trying to make maximum profit off leftover components. I have no reason to abandon Apple but their glory days of justified evaluation are over and Cook has no interest in correcting the ship. None.

Top Bottom
1 2