iPhone coming in purple?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The iPhone 14‌ and iPhone 14‌ Max will reportedly be available in black, white, blue, red, and purple, while the iPhone 14 Pro‌ and iPhone 14 Pro‌ Max will allegedly come in graphite, gold, silver, and purple. The purple color option for both the iPhone 14‌ and iPhone 14 Pro‌ is said to be a unique finish that shifts tone based on lighting conditions.

That would be a big deal in my house.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I used to care about the color, but not as much anymore. It always has a case on it anyway.
I haven’t used a case on a phone since the flip-phone days, so I enjoy a nice color.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I used to care about the color, but not as much anymore. It always has a case on it anyway.
This is me all the way, first question is "what color?" and I couldn't care less because they case is the first thing going on, I'll take whatever they got. I guess it makes a difference now with the camera stuff showing but not enough to really matter.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I always use a case and haven't cared about color since the days of white bezels. Still, even though I can't see it, I know I have that pretty blue one under the blue case.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Any remember that iPad case someone came out with a dozen or so years ago that consisted of 4 fat foam balls – one for each corner – strung together? That kinda thing could sort of work on a phone.

I had a "case" like that years ago for my iPhone. It was basically 4 corner bumpers you put on each corner of your iPhone. I don't remember who sold them or where I got them. This was probably like 6 years ago. I remember it doing an ok job for someone who didn't want a case on their phone and at the same time it protected the phone when you laid it on a table...but it got old fast, and I ended up just taking them off and going back to a case.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I always use a thin, clear, gel case. That way I can still enjoy the color. I've never cracked a screen but I definitely would have without a case on a couple of drops over the years.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
I would like to get the green iPhone 13 but can't really justify it as I have a 13PM. Now that I don't have an iPad anymore - I've been using it a bit more than I usually do.

Maybe I can find a family member to sell this to so I can justify the green one. :p

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I love my sunflower yellow XR, but am going to upgrade to a 13 because 5G extended reaches my place so there's a chance I won't have to step into the backyard to get a 4G LTE maybe-signal. Probably going for a PRODUCT(RED) one this time around, anyway I always get a clear plastic case.

The XR will still get use as a WiFi device and backup phone option, and I'll love glancing down at its sunny yellow back facing up on the coffee table.

On purple: I still have my eye on an iPad Air since my iPad Pro is showing its age. But some folks along my way have reported decent coverage from T mobile with 5G gear, so... iPad upgrade steps aside.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
With a clear case, those kind of colors are still pretty cool, plus you get the peak of color around the camera lens cutout. I've been using the Spigen, umm, ultra-something-something, it's lightweight, clear, works with wireless charging (in the Tesla).

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
With a clear case, those kind of colors are still pretty cool, plus you get the peak of color around the camera lens cutout. I've been using the Spigen, umm, ultra-something-something, it's lightweight, clear, works with wireless charging (in the Tesla).

I still don’t regret never having used a case. Lighter phone, I can see the colors, and I’ve never dropped it. Given the number of iPhones i’ve owned over the years, the money saved not buying cases would probably add up to the cost of a new one :)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I still don’t regret never having used a case. Lighter phone, I can see the colors, and I’ve never dropped it. Given the number of iPhones i’ve owned over the years, the money saved not buying cases would probably add up to the cost of a new one :)

Hah, I'm the exact opposite, always having bought a case ever since having been lucky enough to drop my first iPhone onto a corner of the device as it fell to the stone steps above my bro's driveway and survived without a scratch. Not figuring myself or such a device that lucky for another such experience, I've gone for clear cases ever since. I do sometimes take a case off in winter nowadaysm when I know the device is extremely unlikely to leave my coffee table.

I could go for a purple phone too, but more likely to get a purple upgrade to my iPad before a new phone. The Air is burning a hole in my reserve funds for a generator. So far I'm still more interested in the genny than in a new iPad of any color.

Top Bottom
1 2