iPhone coming in purple?

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Trying to keep the weeds down to a dull roar so I have half a chance of planting out a few veggies as the last frost date passes....

There's a backhoe rental place near me. I could put in a good word for you...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The nicest thing about having a backhoe around is that there's never a situation too large or too small for them to handle. They can do it all!

Well almost all... there was an afternoon about fifteen years ago down in a nearby village when a bunch of us wished we had been carrying our smartphones (despite absence of signal around here) for sake of the cameras.

The opportunity lost that day was the occasion of a couple of backhoe loaders with wide buckets being used to install humongously heavy ledger stones along the banks of the recently then flooded (but of course usually innocent-looking) creek that runs through the heart of the village. The first couple stones went in without incident but the third one just about tipped one of the backhoes into the drink.

The rest of the work was then finished by use of two loaders in tandem, sharing the load by positioning the two ends of one stone at a time into the two buckets, which process required some pretty adept teamwork by the operators, and appeared also to involve a whole lot of side bets being placed by onlookers. :ROFLMAO: I dare say not a lot of farmwork got done that afternoon since once word spread about the first near-disaster, about half the township turned out to see how the rest of the project went.

So far those stones have held up during ensuing floods, with result that from time to time during flood seasons, one can be astonished by sight of a muddy wall of water rushing through town at very high speed and actually over banks by a few inches but going so fast it doesn't spill much into the road.

Every time I've seen that though, I wish I'd had a picture of that one ledger stone being unceremoniously dumped into the creek before the loader and operator went with it.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
The rest of the work was then finished by use of two loaders in tandem, sharing the load by positioning the two ends of one stone at a time into the two buckets, which process required some pretty adept teamwork by the operators, and appeared also to involve a whole lot of side bets being placed by onlookers. :ROFLMAO: I dare say not a lot of farmwork got done that afternoon since once word spread about the first near-disaster, about half the township turned out to see how the rest of the project went.

Man, why can't cool stuff like that happen around here? We're boring in comparison.

Top Bottom
1 2