iPhone confirm before dialing

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A cursory google search tells me this is not possible without a jailbreak but every now and then I'll accidentally dial someone in my favorites list by simply picking the phone up. It would be nice if there was a "Okay, make this call?" type of confirmation. Ideas?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A cursory google search tells me this is not possible without a jailbreak but every now and then I'll accidentally dial someone in my favorites list by simply picking the phone up. It would be nice if there was a "Okay, make this call?" type of confirmation. Ideas?
That would drive me crazy. I can only advise you the same as my mother - don't leave your phone on the phone screen. Always return to the Home Screen and you'll never accidentally call anyone again.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
That would drive me crazy. I can only advise you the same as my mother - don't leave your phone on the phone screen. Always return to the Home Screen and you'll never accidentally call anyone again.
...unless you are using WhatsApp. That darn thing makes calls on its own. Returning to the home screen might trigger a call! 🤬

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I typically do this, the problem is that I sometimes (granted pretty rarely) accidentally tap the wrong person when calling from my favorites menu, even just brushing it wrong dials it out. It would be nice to have the option for a confirmation but it sounds like I'd have to jailbreak and I don't want to do that.

Top Bottom
1 2