Is Biden Really in Charge?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Dude stop being an ass. Please
Now, now - perhaps he believes what he is posting.

That being said, there has been no response to @Thomas Veil's post. You'd think if one was truly concerned, they would give that post a read and comment on it. Instead, it appears the strategy is to believe something, and intentionally ignore all evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
A few notes.

Rasmussen's polling was often flawed and outside the margins of other pollsters in the 2020 election. By November, Rasmussen was skewing to just +1 for Biden, and the actual margin was +4.5 percent. (And, I'll say here that CNBC's Change Life should examine their process, because they were way outside the margins.)

Now, they've created this poll. One, that AFAIK, they've never run before, and one that includes a set of flawed, leading questions.

"How confident are you that Joe Biden is physically and mentally up to the job of being President of the United States?"
Well, what if I think he's mentally up for the job, but afraid he'll die in office? What if I think he's healthy, but addled?

Is Joe Biden really doing the job of president, or are others making decisions for him behind the scenes?
This question cannot be shoved together. I can think that he's really doing the job, and people are making decisions. And, I may not feel that Biden is unique.

The whole thing's a push poll from a conservative outlet trying to poison the well against Biden after scrapping for the previous idiot—who couldn't go down a ramp, failed umbrellas, drank water like a small child, and insisted that briefings be short and include lots of pictures.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
FYI, his name is Scott Morrison. He is the Prime Minister of Australia. He is NOT "the fellow down under".

Can't imagine what the reaction would have been had Trump done the same thing.

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Now, now - perhaps he believes what he is posting.

That being said, there has been no response to @Thomas Veil's post. You'd think if one was truly concerned, they would give that post a read and comment on it. Instead, it appears the strategy is to believe something, and intentionally ignore all evidence to the contrary.

What do you really expect him to say?
Well, yes.

And that you think you'll get much traction with it.

Tell you what. Every time you come up with a crazy-right wing conspiracy, post it here. I'll insult and mock you.

You do you. What I do know is that at the other place and some here, Trump was called any number of names, his supporters called worse. And yet not one time did I ever call anyone an ASS because of it. You and those like you are the reason the country is so polarized.

I can go after @SuperMatt, @Huntn and @Eric and they can come after me. But I do not remember any time in our interactions that resorted to name calling.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
FYI, his name is Scott Morrison. He is the Prime Minister of Australia. He is NOT "the fellow down under".

Why imagine? Granted this was Sean Spicer instead of Trump, but you can see what the response was. Very little here in America but a lot of laughs in Australia.

Also, considering how happy they are with the nuclear submarine deal, I doubt they will care much about Biden’s gaffe.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score

Trump regularly forgot names and misspoke. And, yet Fox News absolutely ignored his gaffes, mistakes, brain farts, and present weird behavior. Plus, I suspect that while Trump got lots of "executive time" (i.e. hanging out in the White House apartments watching television), Biden is actually working, giving him less rest.

By this time in his presidency, Trump had gone golfing at least 50 times, spending most weekends at Trump National in Bedminster, NJ. Biden has been consistently working.

If Fox News had breathlessly covered Trump's mistakes, we'd be in a different place.

And, again, Biden avoids words when he's going to stutter. I suspect he's tired, and his stutter is worse.

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Trump regularly forgot names and misspoke. And, yet Fox News absolutely ignored his gaffes, mistakes, brain farts, and present weird behavior. Plus, I suspect that while Trump got lots of "executive time" (i.e. hanging out in the White House apartments watching television), Biden is actually working, giving him less rest.

By this time in his presidency, Trump had gone golfing at least 50 times, spending most weekends at Trump National in Bedminster, NJ. Biden has been consistently working.

If Fox News had breathlessly covered Trump's mistakes, we'd be in a different place.

And, again, Biden avoids words when he's going to stutter. I suspect he's tired, and his stutter is worse.

Biden spends most weekend at his beach house. Is that different?

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Biden spends most weekend at his beach house. Is that different?

You're missing the point, focusing on one detail rather than the whole argument.

In short: Trump worked less. He spent most mornings in "executive time," and golfed on weekends at taxpayer's expense. Part of the Secret Service's protection fund even went into his pocket for rooms and golf cart costs.

Both men take off the weekends, but Biden's schedule is more intense and consistent. Hence, why I think he may be tired already, and more prone to stuttering, hence why he referred to Morrison as the "fellow from down under."

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Look at some of the pretty granular details Biden drills down into, stats, financial data, the guy is smart even if he forgets a few names here and there.

Trump is a complete halfwit, the dude has zero understanding of __anything__. Seriously, he’s painfully ignorant on every subject matter.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Look at some of the pretty granular details Biden drills down into, stats, financial data, the guy is smart even if he forgets a few names here and there.

Trump is a complete halfwit, the dude has zero understanding of __anything__. Seriously, he’s painfully ignorant on every subject matter.

And, really, assuming Biden is sunsetting, he's still a smarter, more educated person than the previous White House tenant, who didn't know anything about anything besides personal branding and WWE-style politics.

The previous guy thought General Lee could have won in Afghanistan.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Why am I being an ass because I believe that our President is not up to the task or that I think he is being "handled".
Ok, what if Joe the President is being handled? It was quite evident that Individual-ONE was either not being handled or was going off the leash more than staying on it. We saw what not "being handled" looks like, and it was horrific.

I can understand your trepidation at not knowing who is "pulling the strings", but it is almost certainly not some shadowy Trilateral Elders of Rothschilds. If he has "handlers", they are people whom he selected to help him out.

Is that bad? I mean, to have effective handlers, one has to listen to them, and they cannot really force him to do/say things he objects to. The last guy basically listened to no one, doing/saying whatever fit his mood at the time. That went well.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Ok, what if Joe the President is being handled? It was quite evident that Individual-ONE was either not being handled or was going off the leash more than staying on it. We saw what not "being handled" looks like, and it was horrific.

I can understand your trepidation at not knowing who is "pulling the strings", but it is almost certainly not some shadowy Trilateral Elders of Rothschilds. If he has "handlers", they are people whom he selected to help him out.

Is that bad? I mean, to have effective handlers, one has to listen to them, and they cannot really force him to do/say things he objects to. The last guy basically listened to no one, doing/saying whatever fit his mood at the time. That went well.

Right. There was another tread where someone replaced George W. Bush with Dick Cheney, reflecting the long-held belief that Shrub was really just a figure head for his father's friends.

Meanwhile, the former idiot had people like George Burns cosplayer Stephen Miller, Bannon, and the rest of the clot of idiots and goons that fell out of favor.

I mean, Roger Stone, Michael Flynn? Bannon? The Dong Toilet Salesman? Chad "Proof of the Peter Principle" Wolf?

Biden's people are competent public servants.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
You do you. What I do know is that at the other place and some here, Trump was called any number of names, his supporters called worse. And yet not one time did I ever call anyone an ASS because of it. You and those like you are the reason the country is so polarized.

I can go after @SuperMatt, @Huntn and @Eric and they can come after me. But I do not remember any time in our interactions that resorted to name calling.
You are being intellectually dishonest if you attempt to imply that Trump didn't attack first, and his followers jumped right on.

You must be a better person than me, except I really do want to know what traction your repetition of the same tired, conspiracy theory ideas will get? You think Biden isn't up to the task? Sure, but then what? I know you believe that in your heart of hearts. Is this the audience you should be trying to convince?

Yep, that's a pretty good bunch of folks. They don't lose their cool as quick as I do.

" You and those like you are the reason the country is so polarized. " Yep, all me.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Hence, why I think he may be tired already, and more prone to stuttering, hence why he referred to Morrison as the "fellow from down under."
Hell, my wife was watching "The Big Sleep" on TCM this afternoon, and for the life of me I couldn't place the very familiar actress opposite Humphrey Bogart. It was Lauren Bacall.

It happens.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Gotta take a look at the source, it's a Conservative rag...

View attachment 8258
Most alarming is how self destructive we have become as a Nation. While part of us are working on an addition, the other half is dismantling the living room. This kind of politics are negative, they hold us back, they may destroy us as a successful Nation. :unsure: I know it makes me disgusted with human beings as a species who thinks it’s smart, but it’s not really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2