Is CNN really biased?

dogslobber

Power User
Reaction score
Rick Santorum is their resident political expert this election. They also have the Republican lawyer from DC on to talk about election fraud. It seems they're pretty even handed, IMO.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Rick Santorum is their resident political expert this election. They also have the Republican lawyer from DC on to talk about election fraud. It seems they're pretty even handed, IMO.
I pause it and let the buffer build so I can skip through when he comes on because he's just unwatchable to me. That said, I think CNN has done a great job all considering, I think all of these networks' A teams have put in many sleepless hours to keep us informed.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
It clearly has an establishment democrat bias (remark I'm not saying "left") because that's their audience. So it's biased in the sense that it reports whatever brings the most revenue, in the way that brings the most revenue. That said, this bias is just that: a bias, they are not outright propaganda like the Murdoch media.

Honestly, I think it's fast food journalism. It's not misleading, I believe they employ some good journalists, and it does the job of reporting news, but I wouldn't go there for thought provoking analysis. It's also a shame that a main channel uses so much low effort clickbait.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My son said the big board guy on CNN was really good, so I watched him for a little while. I still prefer MSNBC. No one can beat Steve Kornacki for statistics. And they are the most even-handed, refusing to call states that ever other network has called.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
My son said the big board guy on CNN was really good, so I watched him for a little while. I still prefer MSNBC. No one can beat Steve Kornacki for statistics. And they are the most even-handed, refusing to call states that ever other network has called.

Yeah when I resort to streaming one of them live, it's MSNBC. I was once upon a time a fan of CNN... but mostly just because I'm old enough to remember the pre cable news days.

Those agonizing waits for news updates in any crisis --like Nixon era's Watergate scandals-- back when the best we were going to get after the evening news broadcasts were 30-second "breaking news" blips, wow... Past that it was a trip to the newsstand to pick up the Times as the bales of those fell off the trucks in the city around 9pm, or wait until 11pm.

We are so spoiled now with the cable channels, their and and newspapers' apps and websites, plus blogs and vlogs and podcasts and everyman-as-journo-with-iPhone-cam, compared to what went on before the web was even a thing.

The problem now is not paucity of info but how much of it's worth taking in. Frankly back during Watergate we were less concerned about that, even when at least some concern was warranted. In a time of high drama in current events it was only about wanting just any scrap of new information in a world when there were morning and evening newspapers, evening and late news telecasts and that was about it past maybe some hourly five minute radio news summaries.

I have a lot of those "where were you when you heard" moments related to the unfoldings of events in the Watergate era. Can even remember the decor in various venues or my own clothing of the moment when this or that shocking revelation came into a room off a radio or TV back then. How circuit-busy signals radiated from everywhere to everywhere else on the evening of the so-called Saturday Night Massacre when it seemed like the government itself was falling.

Now I glance at the pile of notifications on an iPhone in the morning and roll eyes and go make my coffee. No clue what I was doing or wearing whenever the House finally impeached Trump.

But I'm going to remember the surprises of some of these 21st century American elections for the rest of my life, and as far as 2020 goes I will remain fond of Kornacki's energy and later rounds of 'splaining Pennsylvania's outstanding votes on MSNBC. It's not enough for me to buy another TV set, but the website finally picked up a bookmark in my browser.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
But I'm going to remember the surprises of some of these 21st century American elections for the rest of my life, and as far as 2020 goes I will remain fond of Kornacki's energy and later rounds of 'splaining Pennsylvania's outstanding votes on MSNBC. It's not enough for me to buy another TV set, but the website finally picked up a bookmark in my browser.
Kornacki has become the darling of this election.

Top Bottom
1 2