Is it exaggeration to suggest the USA is at a crossroads?

The Future of Democracy in the US is…

• Sunny skies, rainbows, cream and honey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rock roads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It’s 50-50

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I’m a pessimist, but I could be surprised.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Anticipate some violence

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Civil War, We Are Screwed

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
This idea could probably use its own thread.

And I would love to see this come to fruition.

What we need is a party that no one particularly likes, but everyone votes for because the other parties are filled with assholes.

Things will go swimmingly for awhile, until the assholes start running on this 3rd party ticket, likely claiming the assholes opposite them are ruining this new, moderate party with their crazy extremist ideals. In 10 years, we'll be back in this same boat, dealing with this same bullshit.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here’s an interesting proposal to add a 3rd party to the American political system. They are trying to start this in New Jersey.

(paywall removed)

They support the police, whether it’s protecting our homes from criminals or our Capitol from insurrectionists. They think that we should enforce our immigration laws but that our economy needs — and our nation should welcome — legal immigrants. They are pro-business but think that corporations should pay taxes and that the success of American business depends on leading the world to clean energy. They support the Second Amendment but with reasonable restrictions like background checks and red flag laws.”

I find it interesting that, that is the only stance mentioned that doesn’t include a “but”. It’s like they think the entire issue is that the opposing side is against the police protecting property. Nice disconnect.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not surprised by this drivel. This so-called moderate is all about himself.

The moderate is about protecting their current economic status and doesn’t care if the country burns down around them as a result. They’re only pro things that don’t hurt their wallet.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The moderate is about protecting their current economic status and doesn’t care if the country burns down around them as a result. They’re only pro things that don’t hurt their wallet.

How is that any different that the elites running things now?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
How is that any different that the elites running things now?

It's not and that is kind of the point/concern. It would be the same end result but by more "folksy" people. However, I would be interested if they are just as open to screwing the elites as the people under the elites. Whens the last time they experienced any real form of sacrifice? It was probably before I was born. But moderates also tend to be the first wall of defense for the elites. So I really don't have much hope on that front.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It really depends on the definition of "sacrifice". You and I probably use it to mean something very different from how the upper crust interpret it.

It means for about an hour they didn’t make more money than most people make in a year by doing absolutely nothing. Then they had to bootstrap themselves to picking up the phone and yell at somebody for that hour of lost personal gains.

Top Bottom
1 2