Is it out there?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
An Unusual signal seemed to be coming from Proxima Centauri. Domestic sources have not been completely ruled out, but the profile suggests that it was not I Love Lucy reruns spilling over or someone microwaving their lunch.

There is not much to the signal. It was a single, steady spike at 982MHz with no modulation (like a dialtone, not a conversation) that drifts slightly, as if in motion. It is pretty difficult to explain from natural phenomena. But, given the nature of beam-spread, if it really is from four lightyears away, it would have to be a very powerful source for us to be able to see it.

Aliens!

Or not.

The truth is indeed out there, but it is not alone. There is a metric shit-ton of lies out there right alongside the truth.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
An Unusual signal seemed to be coming from Proxima Centauri. Domestic sources have not been completely ruled out, but the profile suggests that it was not I Love Lucy reruns spilling over or someone microwaving their lunch.

There is not much to the signal. It was a single, steady spike at 982MHz with no modulation (like a dialtone, not a conversation) that drifts slightly, as if in motion. It is pretty difficult to explain from natural phenomena. But, given the nature of beam-spread, if it really is from four lightyears away, it would have to be a very powerful source for us to be able to see it.

Aliens!

Or not.

The truth is indeed out there, but it is not alone. There is a metric shit-ton of lies out there right alongside the truth.
That is the exact frequency used by Dominion voting machines. Aliens stole the election from Donald Trump! Or so I read on Parler.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Amen brother. And actually it is the sound of 2020 being ushered offstage by a very determined garbage truck.

LA Times nails it.jpg

(kudos to the LA Times for shipping me a year-end email that I read all of right down to that perfect wrap)

Top Bottom
1 2