Is this a phone or network issue?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
My wife has a second generation iPhone SE and we are with Verizon.

Her phone simply doesn't ring on about 50% of incoming calls. At the house we usually have 2 strong bars so signal isn't really an issue. Some days I end up having to Ping her with Find iPhone to get her attention. Text tones don't work sometimes either.

I don't seem to have the same issue, but I get very few calls at the house and the ones I do get are VOIP via WiFi.

Does this seem like a phone issue or Verizon issue?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My wife has a second generation iPhone SE and we are with Verizon.

Her phone simply doesn't ring on about 50% of incoming calls. At the house we usually have 2 strong bars so signal isn't really an issue. Some days I end up having to Ping her with Find iPhone to get her attention. Text tones don't work sometimes either.

I don't seem to have the same issue, but I get very few calls at the house and the ones I do get are VOIP via WiFi.

Does this seem like a phone issue or Verizon issue?
WIFI should be taking over (if enabled) so as long as you have a decent signal there it shouldn't be an issue. If that is the case it may be worth seeing if the issue is with the phone, if it's only 5G then it could be signal related, are you rural? I know in Oregon I had to get a booster in my house for AT&T to get a decent enough signal in my home.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
WIFI should be taking over (if enabled) so as long as you have a decent signal there it shouldn't be an issue. If that is the case it may be worth seeing if the issue is with the phone, if it's only 5G then it could be signal related, are you rural? I know in Oregon I had to get a booster in my house for AT&T to get a decent enough signal in my home.

WiFi was not enabled. I will do that. My phone has no problems, but I have a 12 Pro so it's a bit nicer. No 5G here either. I remember when Verizon was launching LTE, they lit up one tower in downtown Charleston so they could claim the market had LTE.

We had the AT&T microcell at my parent's lakehouse because there was NO signal.

Will give the WiFi a try.

Thanks.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Definitely turn on WiFi calling. Before I got a phone with that capability I would miss so many calls and constantly drop calls because reception sucks where I’m at. I haven’t had any issues since WiFi calling.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Definitely turn on WiFi calling. Before I got a phone with that capability I would miss so many calls and constantly drop calls because reception sucks where I’m at. I haven’t had any issues since WiFi calling.

Turned it on right after I replied. Sure enough about 30 minutes later, her mom called and it came through. Not sure she is liking this new functionality. :ROFLMAO:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's funny because I looked and mine was off, I never even thought to check before this but I have a pretty good LTE/5G signal. So I'm assuming it's off by default, maybe one of our experts here can speak to that but I went ahead and turned it on anyway.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It's funny because I looked and mine was off, I never even thought to check before this but I have a pretty good LTE/5G signal. So I'm assuming it's off by default, maybe one of our experts here can speak to that but I went ahead and turned it on anyway.
It is off by default. With some carriers, turning it on is not as easy as flipping that switch in the settings. It takes you to a page hosted by the carrier where you have to sign up for it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It is off by default. With some carriers, turning it on is not as easy as flipping that switch in the settings. It takes you to a page hosted by the carrier where you have to sign up for it.
Okay, good to know. When I turned it on with AT&T I just had to accept the terms that they will see what state/country I'm calling from and that was it.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is correct. I think it might also be off by default because it does kind of mess with emergency calls. At least with AT&T when you turn it on it takes you to a page to verify your home address for emergency calls.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
This is correct. I think it might also be off by default because it does kind of mess with emergency calls. At least with AT&T when you turn it on it takes you to a page to verify your home address for emergency calls.

Verizon did the same.

Top Bottom
1 2