Is this the best time in US history to be a black politician?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sure a good part of it might be gross tokenism while the left tries to fill their diversity quotas and the right tries to prove they aren’t racist, but maybe the end justifies the means?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Sure a good part of it might be gross tokenism while the left tries to fill their diversity quotas and the right tries to prove they aren’t racist, but maybe the end justifies the means?
Not if you're Larry Elder, he's all over TV saying "I'm not a white supremacist, do I look like a white supremacist?" with pictures of him in an afro. LOL how bad is it when that has to be your message? He essentially hates his own people, has no understanding of their real struggles and has aligned himself with Trump. CA is the wrong state for this nutjob.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not if you're Larry Elder, he's all over TV saying "I'm not a white supremacist, do I look like a white supremacist?" with pictures of him in an afro. LOL how bad is it when that has to be your message? He essentially hates his own people, has no understanding of their real struggles and has aligned himself with Trump. CA is the wrong state for this nutjob.

But that might appeal to people on the right, especially outside CA. A black Trump supporter. If he goes in with a tough-on-crime platform he'll have the trifecta. White voters won't care if he hates his own people. They'll just see putting him in office as proof they aren't racist.

On a related note, as the Obama years are behind us a study has shown that people on the left who were unhappy with his performance still take great comfort in helping put the first black President in office. Not saying that wasn't a big deal. I just find that interesting. It's like the people on the right who acknowledge Trump was a disaster but see all the conservative judge appointments as worth that disaster.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
But that might appeal to people on the right, especially outside CA. A black Trump supporter. If he goes in with a tough-on-crime platform he'll have the trifecta. White voters won't care if he hates his own people. They'll just see putting him in office as proof they aren't racist.

On a related note, as the Obama years are behind us a study has shown that people on the left who were unhappy with his performance still take great comfort in helping put the first black President in office. Not saying that wasn't a big deal. I just find that interesting. It's like the people on the right who acknowledge Trump was a disaster but see all the conservative judge appointments as worth that disaster.
And that's okay, right now we're just concerned with getting the Democrats out and the more ads this nutjob puts out the more he'll bolster them. Of course you never know but that's just my opinion.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
And that's okay, right now we're just concerned with getting the Democrats out and the more ads this nutjob puts out the more he'll bolster them. Of course you never know but that's just my opinion.

What are ads? :p

Seriously since not being on social media for close to a decade, killing my cable that I hadn’t watched for probably over a year, and having YouTube Premium for years… I couldn’t tell you the last time I’ve seen ads.

Top Bottom
1 2