Issues on occasion with connecting to talkedabout.com

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s happening to me on a semi-regular basis, periods of time, usually noticed in the morning where I can‘t connect here. Last weekend, in the morning, first tried on my iPad, then iPhone, and Mac. All 3 acted the same way, and I’ve been using primarily the DuckDuckGo browser on my iOS devices. When this happened I also tried Safari, and all were the same, a load bar that loads just a little and then stalls.

And it happened again this morning. Anyway, no clue why. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m guessing maybe it is an intermittent outage somewhere between my location and the forum’s location.

Last edited:

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Vaccinated
Reaction score
It’s happening to me on a semi-regular basis, periods of time, usually noticed in the morning where I can connect here. Last weekend, in the morning, first tried on my iPad, then iPhone, and Mac. All 3 acted the same way, and I’ve been using primarily the DuckDuckGo browser on my iOS devices. When this happened I also tried Safari, and all were the same, a load bar that loads just a little and then stalls.

And it happened again this morning. Anyway, no clue why. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m guessing maybe it is an intermittent outage somewhere between my location and the forum’s location.
I have noticed it a couple of times in the early morning.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Next time it happens please try to access this domain as well http://talkdemocrat.com/index.php and see if it loads up. It's just another site I'm not using that I keep around for testing. Would like to know if both are down or just one. Otherwise, this is a tough one to troubleshoot because the site is accessible for everyone else.

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Next time it happens please try to access this domain as well http://talkdemocrat.com/index.php and see if it loads up. It's just another site I'm not using that I keep around for testing. Would like to know if both are down or just one. Otherwise, this is a tough one to troubleshoot because the site is accessible for everyone else.
I’ve got the page loaded ready to try out when the occasion arises.
http://talkdemocrat.com/index.php

Pumbaa

Conversational Warthog
Vaccinated
Reaction score

Page could not be loaded​

The requested page could not be loaded.
  • Check your internet connection and try again.
  • Certain browser extensions, such as ad blockers, may block pages unexpectedly. Disable these and try again.
  • TA may be temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.
Reload
I occasionally get the above. Never found a pattern, and hitting Reload or manually reloading always works, so it is probably something different. Whitelisted TA now in Safari, let’s see if it happens without content blockers active.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I occasionally get the above. Never found a pattern, and hitting Reload or manually reloading always works, so it is probably something different. Whitelisted TA now in Safari, let’s see if it happens without content blockers active.
This has always happened to me, too. I really need to dig around for an answer but it's really hard to do when it only happens randomly with some people.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I'm asking the host to look into this for us. For those who have had the site not load at all, can you please tell us exactly what you get, is it an error message, blank screen, what?

We know the "Page cannot be loaded" message happens occasionally but I think that's something different because refreshing loads the page up without issue. I am referring to those the site is completely down for.

DT

Filled with Pumpkiny Goodness
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm asking the host to look into this for us. For those who have had the site not load at all, can you please tell us exactly what you get, is it an error message, blank screen, what?

We know the "Page cannot be loaded" message happens occasionally but I think that's something different because refreshing loads the page up without issue. I am referring to those the site is completely down for.

I see there's an ongoing discussion on the XenForo support site about this as well.

It seems like a truncated response, like the request starts, but ends before it completes. So the browser is sort of left hanging, tosses up that message. Some people were suggesting ad blockers, since they could possibly stop the response (i.e., "block it"), but other folks have had this happen running without any browser adds-in/plug-ins.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I see there's an ongoing discussion on the XenForo support site about this as well.

It seems like a truncated response, like the request starts, but ends before it completes. So the browser is sort of left hanging, tosses up that message. Some people were suggesting ad blockers, since they could possibly stop the response (i.e., "block it"), but other folks have had this happen running without any browser adds-in/plug-ins.
Right, we've effectively ruled this out as a separate issue. I added a blank html page at the root on my server https://talkedabout.com/test.html this loads outside of the board and should have a generic message. Huntn tested with this and the site still didn't work, it's pretty much down for him half of the day. I just need to get his exact error (or non-error) so we have some direction with troubleshooting.

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Right, we've effectively ruled this out as a separate issue. I added a blank html page at the root on my server https://talkedabout.com/test.html this loads outside of the board and should have a generic message. Huntn tested with this and the site still didn't work, it's pretty much down for him half of the day. I just need to get his exact error (or non-error) so we have some direction with troubleshooting.
Ok site access came back around 10am Central time US.

Please give me instructions on how to snag an error message. For my situation, when the site does not connect, the desired page does not load/hangs, and the load bar I see in iOS stalls after growing to about 1”, and then everything stops.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Ok site access came back around 10am Central time US.

Please give me instructions on how to snag an error message. For my situation, when the site does not connect, the desired page does not load/hangs, and the load bar I see in iOS stalls after growing to about 1”, and then everything stops.
Okay, so it just hangs trying to load and the page is blank and never displays any sort of message?

Top Bottom