Italian Artist Sells Invisible Sculpture For Real Money

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
man why did I not think of doing this? I am really good at it.
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Move over nonfungible tokens. An Italian artist, Salvatore Garau, recently sold his latest invisible sculpture, a work titled "I Am." It isn't. The art does not exist except in the imagination of the artist. Garau says the sculpture may be displayed in any light since it's not there. The buyer gets a stamped certificate in exchange for payment of $18,000, assuming they can't just imagine they paid. It's MORNING EDITION.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Back when pet rocks were a brief craze, I considered selling boxes of outer space. Since space is a vacuum, all I’d have to do is make sure the boxes are sturdy enough not to collapse inward, evacuate the air from them and then seal them. If you opened the boxes to check, you’d invalidate the warranty.

U

User.45

Back when pet rocks were a brief craze, I considered selling boxes of outer space. Since space is a vacuum, all I’d have to do is make sure the boxes are sturdy enough not to collapse inward, evacuate the air from them and then seal them. If you opened the boxes to check, you’d invalidate the warranty.
But how do you put dark matter in it?:)

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I was going to write up a long reply, but then I realized this one Calvin and Hobbes strip explains my position better than I ever could.

C&H.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Man. This does beat Andy Warhol's first batch of Campbell Soup Cans paintings for shock value to whatever's left of conventional art.

Top Bottom
1 2