Jack Dorsey to step down as Twitter CEO

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Let's hope he's replaced by someone who will at least attempt to slow down the flood of misinformation allowed on their platform.
We are talking about a company that on multiple levels thought that scrambling user's feeds to increase "minutes spent on the site per visit" was a good idea, mind you.

Andropov

Site Champ
Reaction score
Let's hope he's replaced by someone who will at least attempt to slow down the flood of misinformation allowed on their platform.
Which other social network do you believe does a better job at this? Genuinely asking.

We are talking about a company that on multiple levels thought that scrambling user's feeds to increase "minutes spent on the site per visit" was a good idea, mind you.
I like the scrambled timeline. Might be because I follow a ton of people, so it's easy to miss posts if they're in chronological order.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
With any luck, Zuck will follow.

The ego on these people. As soon as I had more money than God I would GTFO. I don’t know if these people came into the world like this or it’s the result of people in their business circle for years telling them they are awesome and are essential to life as we know it. Facebook is hardly unique and doesn’t require an irreplaceable genius to run. A good part of its success and dominance is largely due to people being lazy.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Twitter should just go away. It broken and no way you get that platform out of the depths of the septic system it is currently in.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Twitter should just go away. It broken and no way you get that platform out of the depths of the septic system it is currently in.
My corner is pretty nice, just following a carefully selected bunch of users with overlapping interests. The one hashtag I periodically check is also pretty okay (after blocking just one single user).

Unfortunately Twitter regularly promotes right wing lunatics as personally “Recommended for [me]”. I even had to block Kevin Sorbo just to get Twitter to stop recommending me his braindead turds… Yeah. You’re probably right.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Which other social network do you believe does a better job at this? Genuinely asking.
This thread was about Twitter so that's who I'm calling out. Facebook is equally as bad, both give the most ignorant a platform to spread misinformation which questions sound scientific data.

Top Bottom
1 2