Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
A forum to discuss the hearings. Here are the public hearing dates/times we know so far:

• Thursday, June 9 at 8 p.m. EDT
  • Monday, June 13 at 10 a.m. EDT
  • Wednesday, June 15, at 10 a.m. EDT
  • Thursday, June 16, at 1:00pm EDT
  • Tuesday, June 21, at 1:00pm EDT
  • Thursday, June 23, at 3:00pm EDT
  • Tuesday, June 28 at 1:00pm EDT
  • Tuesday, July 12 at 1:00pm EDT
  • Thursday, July 21 at 8:00pm EDT
More hearings are planned for July. Dates and times are yet to be determined.
Update: More public hearings are expected in September.

This is a wikipost so we can update it with additional hearing dates/times.

Here’s some basic information on how to watch, along with a brief FAQ.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A forum to discuss the hearings. Here are the public hearing dates/times we know so far:

• Thursday, June 9 at 8 p.m. EDT
  • Monday, June 13 at 10 a.m. EDT
  • Wednesday, June 15, at 10 a.m. EDT
This is a wikipost so we can update it with additional hearing dates/times.

Here’s some basic information on how to watch, along with a brief FAQ.

I can’t wait. After sitting through the Benghazi and Clinton, Hunter Biden’s laptop and watching republicans embrace and promote corruption while giving Trump a free pass for everything, these are welcome. There will be no republicans defending Trump in these hearings unless they are testifying, and if they’re telling the truth, it’s not going to be good for Trump or anyone else involved. I can’t wait to see what we don’t know, because what we do is already bad.

The biggest argument people will make for Trump is probably that he sincerely thought he won. And I ask… so what? Who cares what he thought? I don’t believe he really thought he won, because he knew Biden would be a formidable foe and tried to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on his son. So I doubt he thought he actually won. But even if he did, since when does belief in a cause give you permission to commit a crime of overthrowing election results? The only legal path Trump had was the courts. If I believe a bank owes me money, I can’t find a “legal” way to break into the vault to retrieve it. There is no legality to what Trump conspired to do. Navarro and his ilk are trying to paint it as “finding legal ways to challenge the results”, but that’s just a fancy way of dressing up a criminal conspiracy.

In fact, I’m sure many criminals wish there were legal ways of breaking the law. But that would sort of defeat the purpose of said laws.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I can’t wait. After sitting through the Benghazi and Clinton, Hunter Biden’s laptop and watching republicans embrace and promote corruption while giving Trump a free pass for everything, these are welcome. There will be no republicans defending Trump in these hearings unless they are testifying, and if they’re telling the truth, it’s not going to be good for Trump or anyone else involved. I can’t wait to see what we don’t know, because what we do is already bad.

The biggest argument people will make for Trump is probably that he sincerely thought he won. And I ask… so what? Who cares what he thought? I don’t believe he really thought he won, because he knew Biden would be a formidable foe and tried to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on his son. So I doubt he thought he actually won. But even if he did, since when does belief in a cause give you permission to commit a crime of overthrowing election results? The only legal path Trump had was the courts. If I believe a bank owes me money, I can’t find a “legal” way to break into the vault to retrieve it. There is no legality to what Trump conspired to do. Navarro and his ilk are trying to paint it as “finding legal ways to challenge the results”, but that’s just a fancy way of dressing up a criminal conspiracy.

In fact, I’m sure many criminals wish there were legal ways of breaking the law. But that would sort of defeat the purpose of said laws.
They had Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein on the PBS News Hour the other day, comparing Nixon to Trump. They called Nixon’s behavior illegal, but both called Trump seditious. He took it farther than Nixon, but people still support him.

Politicians aren’t known for their ethical behavior, but at least in the 70s, enough of them abandoned Nixon. In the 2020s, they knowingly participate in the lies and defend the criminal behavior of Trump. It’s a really sad state of affairs. Will the Republicans ever abandon this dangerous path? I hope so. If not, I hope enough citizens see it and refuse to vote for Trump’s defenders.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
For those who want to tune out, just flip it over to Fox News, who will not be airing it as they know they'll be mentioned several times throughout the hearings.

LMAO the station that spends so much time calling others snowflakes and F your feelings wimped out....god, that's hilarious. A safe space for conservatives.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll take a detour. Have early doc appointment Friday and need my BP to be stable. I'll catch a recap over the weekend and know that it will all probably mean squat as GQP pols and voters don't care about morality or lawlessness unless they can pin it on liberals/dems/Black folk/Brown folk/foreign folk or any combo of those that gives them instant wood.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Yeah, I just flipped to Fox and they’re talking about migrant caravans. Bret Baier can’t claim to be a “straight news” guy if he isn’t airing this heavily and talking about it. He has his scripts just like everyone else I guess.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah, I just flipped to Fox and they’re talking about migrant caravans. Bret Baier can’t claim to be a “straight news” guy if he isn’t airing this heavily and talking about it. He has his scripts just like everyone else I guess.
Hey, they're covering the relevant issues of today.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1535008530788409360/

Oh, and there was a stabbing, so they're finally outraged.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1535023225557733376/

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I really don‘t understand why they are starting with this speech. It‘s been a year of waiting - nobody wants the opening act.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Bill Barr said Trump’s election lies were bullshit… Are we going to see more Trump officials speaking against him tonight?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bill Barr said Trump’s election lies were bullshit… Are we going to see more Trump officials speaking against him tonight?
at this point I’d be happy to see anything other than Bennie Thompson tripping over the teleprompter

Top Bottom
1 2