Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Hmm. Rep. Mo Brooks asked for a pardon. Rep. Brooks committed the crime of telling republicans to "look forward" and move on from the 2020 election. That simple statement caused Trump to ditch him like a hot rock. He was running for senate and lost his primary to a Trump-backed candidate. So he's not coming back to congress next year.

Rep. Brooks asked Trump for a pardon in the wake of Trump's scheme to overthrow the election. Now, Rep. Brooks has agreed to testify before the January 6 committee, but only in public.

So, will he come out against Trump? Or will he use the moment to say he just wanted a pardon to avoid being persecuted by the "radical left" and continue to kiss Trump's ass? Or will he even show up? Should be very interesting. At some point, these people will turn on Trump. He can try to discredit them all, but he'll look a (bigger) fool for doing so, and guiltier by the day.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Hmm. Rep. Mo Brooks asked for a pardon. Rep. Brooks committed the crime of telling republicans to "look forward" and move on from the 2020 election. That simple statement caused Trump to ditch him like a hot rock. He was running for senate and lost his primary to a Trump-backed candidate. So he's not coming back to congress next year.

Rep. Brooks asked Trump for a pardon in the wake of Trump's scheme to overthrow the election. Now, Rep. Brooks has agreed to testify before the January 6 committee, but only in public.

So, will he come out against Trump? Or will he use the moment to say he just wanted a pardon to avoid being persecuted by the "radical left" and continue to kiss Trump's ass? Or will he even show up? Should be very interesting. At some point, these people will turn on Trump. He can try to discredit them all, but he'll look a (bigger) fool for doing so, and guiltier by the day.
Trump has no loyalty. He was backing Mo Brooks until he saw that he was falling behind, so he switched his “endorsement” to Katie Britt. He just wants to be associated with the winner.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
While I could care less about Brooks and am glad he’s leaving elected office, at least momentarily, he does have the chance to get revenge on Trump if he testifies. These Republican Trump sycophants are so weak and impotent towards him, it’s hard to see it happening through. But between these reps, Eastman and Rosen, they do have the power to do what Trump has done to everyone else, and that’s throw them under the bus.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
While I could care less about Brooks and am glad he’s leaving elected office, at least momentarily, he does have the chance to get revenge on Trump if he testifies. These Republican Trump sycophants are so weak and impotent towards him, it’s hard to see it happening through. But between these reps, Eastman and Rosen, they do have the power to do what Trump has done to everyone else, and that’s throw them under the bus.

I'm also waiting to see what Pence does.

Assuming he's going to run for prez in 2024, he has some tough decisions ahead. Testify and throw trump under the bus to further burnish his cred that other's kindly setup for him a couple committee hearings ago with their testimony. Or wuss out to not offend his republican base, who still love trump.

I suppose the smart move would be to wait and see if the DOJ indicts trump in the next couple of months.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Pence running sounds insane; what group of voters likes him? What poll could he be looking at that would encourage him to go for it?

To run, he’d have to slit Trump’s throat politically. Denounce him and testify against him as needed. No matter what, the Trump faithful will never support him. I see no political future for him.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Pence will have to settle for giving speeches at moderate Republican events. Maybe he can be senator for Indiana or something, but he’s got no shot at the presidency.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I agree Pence would have a tough time running for prez. I'm just hoping he'll muster up a wee bit of backbone and testify at a future Jan6th hearing, ditto for any DOJ subpoenas, and spill the beans on trump.

I do believe there's a slice of the GOP who have developed a conscience over the last few years witnessing trump's criminality, who could get behind Pence running for office.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Mike Pence is a horrible human being. For four years he stood beaming with admiration by the side of that even more horrible Trump. The man who touts traditional values, including the sanctity of marriage, had no problem enthusiastically supporting someone who has cheated on all three of his wives and who lies constantly.

Check this out; Twitter ERUPTS after Pence attacks Biden as ‘most dishonest’

Kudlow asks Pence if he's ever seen a president who commits so many falsehoods, referring to Biden of course. Pence's response: "Never in my lifetime."

Pence is an unadulterated piece of hypocritical garbage.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mike Pence is a horrible human being. For four years he stood beaming with admiration by the side of that even more horrible Trump. The man who touts traditional values, including the sanctity of marriage, had no problem enthusiastically supporting someone who has cheated on all three of his wives and who lies constantly.

Check this out; Twitter ERUPTS after Pence attacks Biden as ‘most dishonest’

Kudlow asks Pence if he's ever seen a president who commits so many falsehoods, referring to Biden of course. Pence's response: "Never in my lifetime."

Pence is an unadulterated piece of hypocritical garbage.
he is only worthwhile when his fly is controlling him.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Because of recently obtained evidence, the Jan 6 committee is holding a hearing TOMORROW. Considering how carefully these hearings have been organized so far, I’d have to say it must be something big for there to be one on such short notice....

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Because of recently obtained evidence, the Jan 6 committee is holding a hearing TOMORROW. Considering how carefully these hearings have been organized so far, I’d have to say it must be something big for there to be one on such short notice....

"Considering how carefully these hearings have been organized so far, I’d have to say it must be something big for there to be one on such short notice...."

I agree. For me, two possibilities:

1) Pence testifies and throws trump under the bus about how he tried to pressure Pence to commit criminal acts. That would probably seal the deal for the DOJ to quickly indict. And bolster Pence's poll numbers should he run in 2024.

2) A witness supplies video of trump having a good time watching the insurrection on TV, cheering the insurrectionists on.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Pence will have to settle for giving speeches at moderate Republican events. Maybe he can be senator for Indiana or something, but he’s got no shot at the presidency.

I mean, he could denounce Trump and try to run as a moderate, but he’s already latching onto the Roe v Wade ruling to boost his profile. That’s not going to enamor him to any democrats, and probably only a minority of republicans, and who knows what the hell they think of Pence.

WaPo reporting that even top committee aids were unaware this was happening… it’s been shrouded in secrecy. This plus revelations the moron was allowing cameras for a documentary to be taped also prompted the filmmaker to object that what Ivanka testified to was not how he saw her behaving behind the scenes.

Going to be an interesting few months before the midterms, that’s for sure.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

I mean, he could denounce Trump and try to run as a moderate

Right now Pence is polling in 8th place at <10%. He has no shot.

He could throw trump under the bus and possibly improve that for those Rs (and possibly a few conservative leaning Ds) who have had enough of the trump fiasco. Close enough to win? Nope. tump's running in 2nd place (68%), just behind DeSantis (71%). I suspect that gap will widen considerably if trump is indicted.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe they have a hearing on the republican congressmen. Some stuff recently came to light re: the "tours." Who knows. Whatever it is, if it's not "big," it will be counter-productive. They can't do this sort of improv and keep secret who the witness is without raising expectations. And if you raise expectations in this sort of situation, you better meet them.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

I mean, he could denounce Trump and try to run as a moderate, but he’s already latching onto the Roe v Wade ruling to boost his profile. That’s not going to enamor him to any democrats, and probably only a minority of republicans, and who knows what the hell they think of Pence.

WaPo reporting that even top committee aids were unaware this was happening… it’s been shrouded in secrecy. This plus revelations the moron was allowing cameras for a documentary to be taped also prompted the filmmaker to object that what Ivanka testified to was not how he saw her behaving behind the scenes.

Going to be an interesting few months before the midterms, that’s for sure.
Can you imagine Ivanka in prison for perjury? 🙏

Maybe they will let her use Hunter’s laptop to read Hillary’s emails on the weekends if she exhibits good behavior.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Maybe they have a hearing on the republican congressmen. Some stuff recently came to light re: the "tours." Who knows. Whatever it is, if it's not "big," it will be counter-productive. They can't do this sort of improv and keep secret who the witness is without raising expectations. And if you raise expectations in this sort of situation, you better meet them.
Agree. The announcement alone has people thinking there will be a major revelation of something not previously known — a smoking gun — or at least a credible, high-level witness or two. It's going to be nearly impossible to keep their identity secret if they testify in person, but they could do it remotely. Not as impactful as live testimony, but more effective than recorded depositions or statements.

Not that the chances of this are great, but wouldn't it be marvelous if Melania herself spoke about what would probably soon be her ex-hubby whispered in his ear before and after the election?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Meh, It will probably be Ron DeSantis praising the comity for doing a great job because nobody is loving this right now more than him.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Agree. The announcement alone has people thinking there will be a major revelation of something not previously known — a smoking gun — or at least a credible, high-level witness or two. It's going to be nearly impossible to keep their identity secret if they testify in person, but they could do it remotely. Not as impactful as live testimony, but more effective than recorded depositions or statements.

Not that the chances of this are great, but wouldn't it be marvelous if Melania herself spoke about what would probably soon be her ex-hubby whispered in his ear before and after the election?

Nah, i think she’s on his side now.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
John Eastman's phone was seized last week. Seems Merrick Garland is getting the ball rolling. We don't need congressional subpoenas if the DoJ comes knocking.

That's the top two people involved in this scheme - the third is Trump - who have been raided by the FBI this week. Between that and the hearings tomorrow, I'd be worried if I was Trump.

As I've said before, the only thing worse than the fallout from indicting, convicting and sending a former president to prison would be to do nothing and set the precedent that all of this bullshit was ok. It was not. We're way past the point of wondering whether or Trump 'really thought he won'. Vigilante justice is against the law. If someone murders your family, you're not free to go hunt down the killer. And that would arguably be far more justified than a conman grifter trying to overturn an election because his ego is so massive he thinks he's impervious to losing. Not to mention, he said the exact same thing twice before already - about the Iowa caucus and 2020 election.

I'm putting money on Trump ending up in prison.

Lots of rumors floating around that Trump is now mad at McCarthy for not having any republicans on the seat. They knocked down an independent commission, but remember - Pelosi did not object to all of McCarthy's picks. He had the opportunity to seat republicans - he passed. He banked that they could discredit the hearings enough if was more partisan. That seems to have been a bad idea, as the only two republicans on the committee are not MAGA cultists.

I'm looking forward to these hearings; they are working. Public tide is roughly 3 out of 5 Americans believe Trump should be held accountable.

Top Bottom
1 2