Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score
I should think it might give at least a few of the high dollar pro-Trump donors in the RNC's rolodex pause, long enough to ask themselves whether they really want a guy with such poor impulse control to regain the power to launch our nukes.....

Sure, briefly.....but they'll get over any such reservations pretty quickly.

Both Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy made some harsh statements about Trump immediately after Jan 6, but it didn't take either of them long to figure out that they needed to reposition their thinking if they wanted to continue to have a future in their party

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score
He’s entitled to trial by a jury of his peers. It shouldn’t be too hard to find 12 narcissists in America. :cool:

hmmm, his "peers"......you mean billionaires who love Trump? :LOL:

I had to edit my post cuz obviously only billionaires would be Trumps peers.....everyone else is a "loser" it seems

Last edited:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm already seeing this locally, morons are pivoting from DRUMPH 2024 signs to DEATHSANTIS 2024, and I see quite a bit of local chatter about supporting this kook (keep in mind, I'm in Flori-Duh ...)

You are also spot on, he's got a just-as-bad social-political outlook, that's not diluted by the same level of stupidity as the orange halfwit.

Again - and I can absolutely guarantee this isn't lip service - we will, at the very least, bail from Florida depending on the political situation in the next couple of years.
I wonder what it's going to take to knock Trump off his pedestal. I don't imagine he'll easily go from Republican party leader and '24 presidential candidate to being a kingmaker holding court at Mar-a-Lago and giving his stamp of approval to prospective replacements. Trump's status as an endorser has lost its shine recently, though not enough for people to openly cross him. Prosecution and conviction by the DOJ could also accelerate this, but the clock is running out.

At this point, though, I can't think of a viable Republican candidate who wants to govern the entire country diligently and address problems cooperatively. The party already has much of what it needs to remain in power at all levels by controlling the election apparatus and putting even more like-minded judges in place, to be followed by further eroding key protections and dismantling the social safety net, to the extent it even really exists.

To get beyond this, it's going to take a sizable portion of the electorate, well beyond the people who typically vote Democratic, to realize that the current Republican party is bereft of meaningful policy proposals to address existential issues like climate change, emerging global pathogens, and wealth/health inequality.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
On the one hand, it was extremely brave of Cassidy Hutchinson to testify in a hearing that she knew would be watched intently by people worldwide, including her former bosses. She's only 25 or 26 (I've seen both quoted), and demonstrated poise and demeanor far beyond her years.

But I also note that she willingly took the job as senior aide to Mark Meadows, just down the hall from the Oval Office occupied by a man whose misogyny, narcissism, cruelty, and unsuitability as president were well known. Hutchinson also previously served as an intern for Ted Cruz, a person just as bad as Trump.

I'm sure the proximity to power is intoxicating, especially for someone so young. But Hutchinson knew all the facts she testified to yesterday at the time of Trump's second impeachment trial in February 2021. Had she and others come forward then, I think enough sclerotic Republican senators would have voted to convict. It's the same for all the journalists and former officials who held on to what they knew until they could cash in with a book deal.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sure, briefly.....but they'll get over any such reservations pretty quickly.

Both Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy made some harsh statements about Trump immediately after Jan 6, but it didn't take either of them long to figure out that they needed to reposition their thinking if they wanted to continue to have a future in their party
Yep the turtle basically said trump did bad and even if he broke the law the turtle would support him if he ran again.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Meltdown continued

R2eZNDysDVcA4GBQnM8MEPv7HosNz6ZnTN_emAiv3e0.png

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Meltdown continued

R2eZNDysDVcA4GBQnM8MEPv7HosNz6ZnTN_emAiv3e0.png
Truth social is like when you asked your parents for Transformers for Christmas and they bought you GoBots. At least most kids had the sense to hide them from their friends even if they played with them a little…

Seriously, they could have gotten Trump a “Speak ‘n’ Say” and tell him it‘s the new version of Twitter and he probably wouldn’t know.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
At this point, though, I can't think of a viable Republican candidate who wants to govern the entire country diligently and address problems cooperatively.
Exactly. Republicans are not interested in governing in the usual sense of the word. They just seem to want to reduce taxes for their donor class and they never seem to want to spend money on anything other than defense. A perfect example is that wretched Ted Cruz heading off to the Caribbean while citizens of Texas were suffering from massive power outages. And Montana's GOP governor was out of the state during historic flooding there.

The one thing Republicans like to tout is how good they are for the economy. Clinton had a balanced budget. During W's term we had the debt crisis and recession. Obama had to clean that mess up and then Trump left with the economy in shambles due to his bungling of the pandemic and his failed trade war.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

when Mr. Trump descended into rage, his staff resorted to summoning an aide, nicknamed the Music Man, to play favorite show tunes they knew would soothe him, including “Memory” from the Broadway musical “Cats.”

🤨

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yes, go under oath and prove all the “haters” wrong!
Of course, it’s never been about truth, despite the name of Trump’s social media platform. The tactic was to repeat the stolen election lie so often, beginning well before November 2020, to sow doubt about the legitimacy of Biden’s win and gin up the insurrectionists if Pence and the states didn’t come through.

Until the other day, it wasn’t entirely clear whether Trump believed his own rhetoric, especially as all the legal challenges were rebuffed in the courts. But we now know Trump was told repeatedly that there was no basis for these claims. Yet he exhorted his mob and wanted to join them at the Capitol. If that’s not seditious conspiracy, that statute should be removed from the books.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm undecided if 1/6 will be Trump's downfall or his supreme court. The supreme court is really gunning for center stage on pissing a lot of people off with no slow in their momentum in sight. Makes me think of when it's determined a murder victim probably knew their killer due to the level of overkill and brutality. It's certainly going to make some lengthy opposition ads.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2