Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
More deleted texts
If there are any people still in the DoD who were part of this, IMHO they need to face court martials.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
For those who visited the now-defunct PRSI section of MacRumors, you may recall there was a prolific (Canadian?) poster who filled a thread with dozens of #WalkAway videos, supposedly demonstrating that there was a mass exodus from the Democratic party.

The producer of those videos and that campaign was one Brandon Straka. Well, Mr. Straka was at the Capitol on Jan 6 last year, but avoided serious repercussions for his actions there because he testified against a number of other insurrectionists.

But now Mr. Straka has made public statements that directly contradict his sworn testimony. The judge in the case said:

At Wednesday's hearing, Judge Friedrich said Straka's public comments make "me question every statement he made to me at the time of sentencing - every single one of them."

"I'm wondering: should I be anticipating a motion to withdraw his plea?" Friedrich asked Straka's attorney. "Because I want you to know I would gladly hold an evidentiary hearing to address his claims. Is that something that I should be expecting?"

In general, judges gave the insurrectionists light sentences because they believed these fine white men truly had remorse… only to have them go and make public statements indicating the exact opposite afterwards. But of course these white men knew it would happen that way. The system is rigged in their favor.

Among both judges and prosecutors, Friedrich is not alone in her frustration when it comes to certain post-plea commentary in the Capitol riot cases. One judge said he felt burned after a Jan. 6 defendant went on Fox News not long after sentencing and seemed to downplay her actions. This summer, prosecutors notified the court after another riot defendant went on a podcast and "made several statements inconsistent with the contrition that the government credited and on which the Court relied" at sentencing.

Yeah, maybe if the judges treated them as criminals instead of just good ol’ boys, never meanin’ no harm… They wouldn’t be so SHOCKED after letting them go with a slap on the wrist. These assholes attempted a coup, and all should face the maximum possible sentence for their crimes. But instead, the judges picked the one black guy who was there for the toughest sentence. And we wonder why these white power terrorists weren’t afraid in the slightest when they stormed the Capitol…

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
For those who visited the now-defunct PRSI section of MacRumors, you may recall there was a prolific (Canadian?) poster who filled a thread with dozens of #WalkAway videos, supposedly demonstrating that there was a mass exodus from the Democratic party.

The producer of those videos and that campaign was one Brandon Straka. Well, Mr. Straka was at the Capitol on Jan 6 last year, but avoided serious repercussions for his actions there because he testified against a number of other insurrectionists.

But now Mr. Straka has made public statements that directly contradict his sworn testimony. The judge in the case said:

In general, judges gave the insurrectionists light sentences because they believed these fine white men truly had remorse… only to have them go and make public statements indicating the exact opposite afterwards. But of course these white men knew it would happen that way. The system is rigged in their favor.

Yeah, maybe if the judges treated them as criminals instead of just good ol’ boys, never meanin’ no harm… They wouldn’t be so SHOCKED after letting them go with a slap on the wrist. These assholes attempted a coup, and all should face the maximum possible sentence for their crimes. But instead, the judges picked the one black guy who was there for the toughest sentence. And we wonder why these white power terrorists weren’t afraid in the slightest when they stormed the Capitol…

There seems to be a pattern here where these people will act one way in a legal or governmental setting and then right after Uber straight to some rando’s podcast being recorded in their mom’s basement to loudly contradict and/or incriminate themselves. The biggest condemnation of the US right now is these people are still a viable threat despite that.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
More deleted texts
Seth Abramson has a multi point thread about this. It's quite a read beginning with:

We need no longer question why the Republican Party got behind the coverup of an armed insurrection. It’s become evident that the top levels of the GOP—within the legislative branch, the executive branch, and possibly even the judicial branch—had some complicity in January 6.

Donald Trump inexplicably appointed four men to roles in (or connected to) the Pentagon after he lost the election—Kash Patel, Ezra Cohen-Watnick, Corey Lewandowsi, and David Bossie—at least two of whom, and likely all four, were active insurrectionists. This is scary stuff.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1554586166342701061/

Last edited:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Seth Abramson has a multi point thread about this. It's quite a read beginning with

Donald Trump inexplicably appointed four men to roles in (or connected to) the Pentagon after he lost the election—Kash Patel, Ezra Cohen-Watnick, Corey Lewandowsi, and David Bossie—at least two of whom, and likely all four, were active insurrectionists. This is scary stuff.
but her emails.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Seth Abramson has a multi point thread about this. It's quite a read beginning with

We need no longer question why the Republican Party got behind the coverup of an armed insurrection. It’s become evident that the top levels of the GOP—within the legislative branch, the executive branch, and possibly even the judicial branch—had some complicity in January 6.

The FOIA request came in on Jan 15 2021, so there’s no excuse such as “the request was too late and it already got deleted". This destruction of evidence appears to have been deliberate and illegal. Lock them up!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

This really makes you wonder how something like this wasn’t tried before by more competent people before the dawn of digital tracking everything and cinema quality cameras in everybody’s pocket. Or maybe it doesn’t get more American than a complete moron and his equals believing they could pull it off.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
What is it going to take to get republicans to realize the breadth and depth of Trump's corruption? This was a toilet overflowing from the top.

And yes, watching these rich, white conservatives whine about how they're being treated... its the height of hypocrisy. I've said it once and I'll say it a million times - white collar crime needs to be treated with the same urgency and dealt the same punishments as violent crime. These conservative Trumpers truly think the laws don't apply to them. They think wearing a suit and being elected to office grants them some sort of de facto immunity. I'll just call up some election officials and ask them to throw out votes or "find" more. We'll just send our own electors to Washington and give them to the VP. I'll just go ahead and work on setting up that Russian back-channel.. you know, so we can win some more votes with their help. Let me call up the Ukrainian president and see if he has any dirt on my potential opponent. Hold back that aid to his nation until we get a deal hammered out!

On and on and on.

As for Perry, people have their phones seized all the time for various suspicions. Pretty sure they didn't seize his phone because he wished a constituent a happy birthday or was working on setting up a town hall to hear from voters. Why should he be treated any differently than anyone else suspected of a crime or anyone else who has needed evidence? Because he's a republican? White? Both? Pretty sure neither of those things are supposed to matter, regardless of how many times its seemed to work for others in the past.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
What is it going to take to get republicans to realize the breadth and depth of Trump's corruption? This was a toilet overflowing from the top.

And yes, watching these rich, white conservatives whine about how they're being treated... its the height of hypocrisy. I've said it once and I'll say it a million times - white collar crime needs to be treated with the same urgency and dealt the same punishments as violent crime. These conservative Trumpers truly think the laws don't apply to them. They think wearing a suit and being elected to office grants them some sort of de facto immunity. I'll just call up some election officials and ask them to throw out votes or "find" more. We'll just send our own electors to Washington and give them to the VP. I'll just go ahead and work on setting up that Russian back-channel.. you know, so we can win some more votes with their help. Let me call up the Ukrainian president and see if he has any dirt on my potential opponent. Hold back that aid to his nation until we get a deal hammered out!

On and on and on.

As for Perry, people have their phones seized all the time for various suspicions. Pretty sure they didn't seize his phone because he wished a constituent a happy birthday or was working on setting up a town hall to hear from voters. Why should he be treated any differently than anyone else suspected of a crime or anyone else who has needed evidence? Because he's a republican? White? Both? Pretty sure neither of those things are supposed to matter, regardless of how many times its seemed to work for others in the past.
Completely agree. Trump has poisoned the well. Even though he's no longer the president everything is still infected with his crap. The corruption runs deep and every single ones of these people need to be weeded out.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Ron Johnson is now going back on his word that he knew nothing about the fake electors that were to be handed to Pence - by him, personally - and is saying he only partook in it for a couple seconds.

He’s already contradicted himself in public, and I highly doubt he was just mindlessly taking orders from his staff to hand documents to the VP. These hearings are supposed to resume next month, and while I don’t anticipate seeing any sitting member of Congress testifying, I can see their staff testifying or their emails/texts being made public. After all, lots of this stuff is official business, especially if any of it was done via work email. Not sure about if they were using private email or numbers, but that shouldn’t be difficult to obtain.

Top Bottom
1 2