Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Ron Johnson is now going back on his word that he knew nothing about the fake electors that were to be handed to Pence - by him, personally - and is saying he only partook in it for a couple seconds.

He’s already contradicted himself in public, and I highly doubt he was just mindlessly taking orders from his staff to hand documents to the VP. These hearings are supposed to resume next month, and while I don’t anticipate seeing any sitting member of Congress testifying, I can see their staff testifying or their emails/texts being made public. After all, lots of this stuff is official business, especially if any of it was done via work email. Not sure about if they were using private email or numbers, but that shouldn’t be difficult to obtain.

Hah, yeah, a couple of seconds. That sounds reasonable. Jeeeez.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Hah, yeah, a couple of seconds. That sounds reasonable. Jeeeez.

Yeah, right? All of the insurrection-aiding officials in the GOP just lie their heads off and figure they can get away with it because Congress itself can't actually indict to launch a formal criminal prosecution... and also because the GOP figure to control the House after midterms.

So in 2025 they surely hope to put a halt to current investigations and launch their clown-car "investigations" of everything anyone named Biden or Clinton ever said or did. Oh, and Obama, why not him too.

Meanwhile these same Rs stood around for four years and watched Trump try to kick the jackposts out from under the Constitution every which way he could and then wrapped up trying to help him stay in power illegally.

Their biggest problems though are that this is only 2022 and not a presidential election year, and so US Attorney General Merrick Garland will continue to serve at the pleasure of President Joe Biden even after the next session of the US House is sworn in. And Garland's DoJ has not even been waiting on the House investigations to wrap, obviously.

Hope Garland can take the heat meanwhile, because the Rs will be hammering on him as corrupt or biased or whatever right through 2024.

It bothers me that government officials would destroy texts or phone records or other documents related in any way to the attempt to prevent the transition of power after a presidential election.

I get it that some in Secret Service or DoD or West Wing or Congress might be embarrassed for themselves or for their party, either way, or just unhappy with how it all looks in retrospect after the chaos and confusion of chain of command (or lack of it) on January 6th. But to destroy evidence for that reason is just as obstructive as being guilty of aiding insurrection intentionally.

Deciding to electronically shred stuff off phones on grounds that a transition would soon occur anyway is absurd on the face of it and surely flouts document retention directives.

There seems so little sense of care for country or constitution except where people have got caught up somehow by others' testimony or evidence, and then got subpoenaed or else felt it was better to cooperate without waiting for that pressure.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ron Johnson is now going back on his word that he knew nothing about the fake electors that were to be handed to Pence - by him, personally - and is saying he only partook in it for a couple seconds.

He’s already contradicted himself in public, and I highly doubt he was just mindlessly taking orders from his staff to hand documents to the VP. These hearings are supposed to resume next month, and while I don’t anticipate seeing any sitting member of Congress testifying, I can see their staff testifying or their emails/texts being made public. After all, lots of this stuff is official business, especially if any of it was done via work email. Not sure about if they were using private email or numbers, but that shouldn’t be difficult to obtain.

man he has trumpitus. or is it gulliani its? or is it marjorie trailer grease itus?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This should be interesting…

No better advisor to turn to than Newt Gingrich. He wrote the book that started the transformation of the republican party a few decades ago.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This should be interesting…

Those who sold out every principle they've ever held dear to get behind such a megalomaniacal man like Trump never ceases to amaze me, the blinders they have on is baffling to any rational human being.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
so trump says again he will padded all of the losers and says he has supported one financially (that I doubt)

lizkat

Reaction score
A Pennsylvania resident was turned in to feds by his ex-girlfriend for his 1/6 participation. He had called her "a moron" for not believing that the 2020 election was stolen. She turned him in to the FBI the next day.

Today he got nine months in federal prison despite taking a way different tone at his sentencing hearing. And a $2k fine. And 2 years probation. Says he's been taking anger management classes and attending chruch since the insurrection. Good for him but not good enough for a judge possibly gettin' tired of all these dudes from Pennsylvania showing up ever so sorry now that they got caught...

Despite Michetti’s remorse, the punishment Cooper imposed Tuesday — which also included a $2,000 restitution order and a two-year term of probation upon release — was one of the stiffer sentences handed down so far against any of the 23 Pennsylvanians who have faced sentencing for participating in the insurrection.

Most others have thus far received probation or less than two months of incarceration after pleading guilty to misdemeanor crimes. Cases against nearly four dozen more are still pending in Washington’s federal court, including that of Michael Dickinson, of Philadelphia, who pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of assaulting police officers during the melee.

Dickinson may be looking at a hefty sentence. Assaulting a police officer is not a misdemeanor.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Today he got nine months in federal prison despite taking a way different tone at his sentencing hearing. And a $2k fine. And 2 years probation. Says he's been taking anger management classes and attending chruch since the insurrection. Good for him but not good enough for a judge possibly gettin' tired of all these dudes from Pennsylvania showing up ever so sorry now that they got caught...
attending church will not fix him it may make ut worse depending on the church.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Breaking news on NYT - DoJ has seized phones of several people close to Trump in relation to their activity around the events of January 6.

Over 40 subpoenas issued…

Two top Trump advisers, Boris Epshteyn and Mike Roman, had their phones seized as evidence, those people said.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
1663035513215.png

Don’t forget the meeting of the Coup Club.

lizkat

Reaction score
Where is his Secret Service detail?

Heh... off testifying before a grand jury?

I don't think any of his detail are in that picture. He might be just off to the left of the guy in the purple shirt at the left end there. In some of the other shots you can see one of the detail because the guy's earpiece cord is visible; he's wearing a light blue shirt. I don't know how many people are on a former president's detail, do you? It's not the same setup as for a sitting president.

Top Bottom
1 2