Javanka heading out of DC w/ purchase of island property off Miami

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I dunno about this pair. They don't seem to have the mother wit to come in outta the rain sometimes, for all the weight of the presidency that Kushner got handed by Trump while Ivanka decorated assorted projects with names sounding like good intentions.

Anyway looks like they're either short term thinkers or else really weighing in on the side of climate change deniers. From a piece in the WaPo about the doings of West Wingers and WH aides as the Trump administration sulks to a close:

"Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump have purchased a $30 million property on a secluded island near Miami, according to the New York Post. Ivanka Trump has begun posting daily pictures looking back on the president’s term, or shots of her children at Washington destinations, such as the Lincoln Memorial."​
At least it sounds like they've realized that Biden won the election. Wonder if they've tried to cue in Papa Don.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I dunno about this pair. They don't seem to have the mother wit to come in outta the rain sometimes, for all the weight of the presidency that Kushner got handed by Trump while Ivanka decorated assorted projects with names sounding like good intentions.

Anyway looks like they're either short term thinkers or else really weighing in on the side of climate change deniers. From a piece in the WaPo about the doings of West Wingers and WH aides as the Trump administration sulks to a close:

"Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump have purchased a $30 million property on a secluded island near Miami, according to the New York Post. Ivanka Trump has begun posting daily pictures looking back on the president’s term, or shots of her children at Washington destinations, such as the Lincoln Memorial."​
At least it sounds like they've realized that Biden won the election. Wonder if they've tried to cue in Papa Don.
They are getting ready for Ivanka's political career where people have elected Desantis & Rick Scott.

It's called 'picking low hanging fruit'.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The family’s entire life is a constant string of falling up. If any of them were in charge of an actual business that they built from the ground up, they‘d be homeless. Can you imagine any of them even managing to keep a 7-11 afloat?

I often hear/read the argument that the US is a meritocracy, and if somebody is rich, they earned it. Spend 5 minutes digging into a rich person’s history and 9 times out of 10, they inherited a parent’s business, or got hired by a family member, or got a no-collateral loan early on, etc. To me, the biggest example of this is the “startup culture” - a bunch of rich white guys dole out money to other white guys that they met through a social connection of some kind and have an idea that MIGHT turn out to make money... but most of them don’t.

If every VC firm stopped helping white men for a decade and only supported minority-run and female-run enterprises, it would only slightly tilt the playing field back towards level... and of course we’d have to hear about how “racist” such a policy is despite it being all-white for decades prior.

The nonsense from the senator claiming that wages had gone up in equal proportion to college tuition tells just how out-of-touch these entitled turds are. WAKE UP AMERICA. Tax the rich mercilessly. 90% of them didn’t actually “earn” their wealth at all. Billionaires should not exist; if you make that much, it should be taxed at 90%.

lizkat

Reaction score
They are getting ready for Ivanka's political career where people have elected Desantis & Rick Scott.

It's called 'picking low hanging fruit'.

Reaffirms my fondness for that GIF of Bugs Bunny taking a saw to Florida and separating it from the mainland.

Imagine having Sen. Ivanka Trump of FL and Sen. Lara Trump of NC.

Maybe Bugs Bunny should start sawing off a piece of the USA a little further north than Florida.

lizkat

Reaction score
To me, the biggest example of this is the “startup culture” - a bunch of rich white guys dole out money to other white guys that they met through a social connection of some kind and have an idea that MIGHT turn out to make money... but most of them don’t.

Yah.. compare and contrast to "small business loans" that big banks make to inner city entrepreneurs at rates close to that on plastic, i.e. 14-15%.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
The family’s entire life is a constant string of falling up. If any of them were in charge of an actual business that they built from the ground up, they‘d be homeless. Can you imagine any of them even managing to keep a 7-11 afloat?

I often hear/read the argument that the US is a meritocracy, and if somebody is rich, they earned it. Spend 5 minutes digging into a rich person’s history and 9 times out of 10, they inherited a parent’s business, or got hired by a family member, or got a no-collateral loan early on, etc. To me, the biggest example of this is the “startup culture” - a bunch of rich white guys dole out money to other white guys that they met through a social connection of some kind and have an idea that MIGHT turn out to make money... but most of them don’t.

If every VC firm stopped helping white men for a decade and only supported minority-run and female-run enterprises, it would only slightly tilt the playing field back towards level... and of course we’d have to hear about how “racist” such a policy is despite it being all-white for decades prior.

The nonsense from the senator claiming that wages had gone up in equal proportion to college tuition tells just how out-of-touch these entitled turds are. WAKE UP AMERICA. Tax the rich mercilessly. 90% of them didn’t actually “earn” their wealth at all. Billionaires should not exist; if you make that much, it should be taxed at 90%.
Most of the “grand vizier” class is pretty smart in my experience. Successful businesspeople usually hire good people to actually run their companies as it makes them more money.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
While I have hardly no doubt that Mr Trump will face charges once he leaves office, I think that for Javanka to presume a resumption of their prior gilded socialite (and worthless) parasitic lives may be somewhat premature.

lizkat

Reaction score
While I have hardly no doubt that Mr Trump will face charges once he leaves office, I think that for Javanka to presume a resumption of their prior gilded socialite (and worthless) parasitic lives may be somewhat premature.

Well they might have at least a little bit of a clue, since they're apparently not heading straight back to New York to flip the switch and pretend they're kinda sorta almost Democrats again. Sure it could be about politics in future in Florida, but that could just be a fig leaf over not being welcome back in their old circles in the Big Apple too.

Or LOL it's hard to serve legal papers from anywhere onto people who live somewhere out on an island near Miami.

Frankly I'm just jaws agape at Trump himself still acting like he plans to prevent Biden's inauguration somehow. Meeting with MIchael Flynn in the White House yesterday was crazy. At some point someone needs to tell Trump if he keeps this stuff up past a certain point, he will in fact face sedition charges no matter if he is an outgoing president. January 6th is a clear checkpoint. Once Congress accepts the electoral votes on that date, then there's an end to the leeway for Trump's playacting / insanity --whichever it is. So tired of it all already. Going to be a long month ahead.​

Not to drift off the fate of Jared and Ivanka with that tangent. I do think it's interesting they're tuned into the reality of Trump's one term Presidency to the point of having found their next residence.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe daddy will go live with his little princess.
it all sounds very Epstein Island-ish to me

connected to this:
allowed usage guidelines for campaign finance PACs needs to severely worked on.
Javanka/Daddy getting HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of USD from his PACs is sickening to me.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

They seem more used car dealership than 7-11 to me.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Well they might have at least a little bit of a clue, since they're apparently not heading straight back to New York to flip the switch and pretend they're kinda sorta almost Democrats again. Sure it could be about politics in future in Florida, but that could just be a fig leaf over not being welcome back in their old circles in the Big Apple too.

Or LOL it's hard to serve legal papers from anywhere onto people who live somewhere out on an island near Miami.

Frankly I'm just jaws agape at Trump himself still acting like he plans to prevent Biden's inauguration somehow. Meeting with MIchael Flynn in the White House yesterday was crazy. At some point someone needs to tell Trump if he keeps this stuff up past a certain point, he will in fact face sedition charges no matter if he is an outgoing president. January 6th is a clear checkpoint. Once Congress accepts the electoral votes on that date, then there's an end to the leeway for Trump's playacting / insanity --whichever it is. So tired of it all already. Going to be a long month ahead.​

Not to drift off the fate of Jared and Ivanka with that tangent. I do think it's interesting they're tuned into the reality of Trump's one term Presidency to the point of having found their next residence.

Oh, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the loathsome Jared and Ivanka have both fully understood, accepted, assimilated (in the Borg sense of that word) and internalised the result of the election.

Nevertheless, they do have a dilemma. Or two.

Whether they choose to share their insights (re electoral defeat) with Mr Trump, is one thing, - prudence warring with courage - or, whether they will demonstrate what Mr Trump considers characteristic family loyalty by publicly refusing to accept the result, or - a nasty dilemma, this - or, whether (and when) their undoubted impressive instincts for self-preservation will kick in, which may call for a bit of Distancing From Daddy, and From Daddy's awful administration, are all still matters for debate.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
it all sounds very Epstein Island-ish to me

connected to this:
allowed usage guidelines for campaign finance PACs needs to severely worked on.
Javanka/Daddy getting HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of USD from his PACs is sickening to me.
Are there no finance laws that cover this?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
As I understand it the Trump Brand is somewhere between decline and mud at least in the business world. Unless this piece of shit is prosecuted and convicted, he will continue to haunt us, likely in a TV/political venue. One article says he plans or may plan on holding a rally in Florida (I guess for 2024?) on the day of Joe Biden‘s swearing in. Here’s praying, but I won’t get excited before it happens, that the Southern District of New York nails this fucker to the wall. And there‘s always hope for a well timed stroke or heart attack.

2018:
2020:

Last edited:

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
As I understand it the Trump Brand is somewhere between decline and mud at least in the business world. Unless this piece of shit is prosecuted and convicted, he will continue to haunt us, likely in a TV/political venue. One article says he plans or may plan on holding a rally in Florida (I guess for 2024?) on the day of Joe Biden‘s swearing in. Here’s praying, but I won’t get excited before it happens, that the Southern District of New York nails this fucker to the wall. And there‘s always hope for a well timed stroke or heart attack.

To be precise this is the guy who will put Trump into prison - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_Vance_Jr.

Top Bottom
1 2