judge throws out gun law, 10 people pay for it

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Many people that buy the gun argument will say “but I need it to defend myself!” From what? About 6 people per 100,000 are murdered each year. But the way the gun lovers talk about it, you’d think it was 6 of 10. Funny thing is, if we didn’t have so many guns, the number of murders would be even lower.
But won’t it just be the bad guys with guns then though storming houses en masse to kill everybody in some kind of apocalyptic nightmare like we have here all over Europe? [emoji15]

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 9.22.49 PM.png

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
I’ve noticed on many social media articles with comments that Venezuela is the new Nazi Germany example given for why Americans need guns lol. Also apparently Great Britain fell into world war 2 because civilians here didn’t own guns [emoji2359].

Where do these nonsensical theories actually come from because so many people seem to regurgitate them? These people seem to think every country where gun ownership isn’t widespread is somehow teetering on the edge of civil war or rife with mass stabbings and acid attacks lol. I often wonder what these people think when they travel outside of the US and see that most countries are in fact existing and functioning without fear.

Last edited:
U

User.45

\Where do these nonsensical theories actually come from because so many people seem to regurgitate them? These people seem to think every country where gun ownership isn’t widespread is somehow teetering on the edge of civil war or rife with mass stabbings and acid attacks lol. I often wonder what these people think when they travel outside of the US and see that most countries are in fact existing and functioning with fear.
I bet you, most of these peepz hardly left their state and never been outside the USA.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
I bet you, most of these peepz hardly left their state and never been outside the USA.
Indeed and I can sort of understand having visited the States myself that it’s so vast, it’s totally possible not to have ever left the place. However, I think for those people they are unaware that life can exist without guns as necessary objects and do so in civilised western countries.

U

User.45

Indeed and I can sort of understand having visited the States myself that it’s so vast, it’s totally possible not to have ever left the place. However, I think for those people they are unaware that life can exist without guns as necessary objects and do so in civilised western countries.
Even worse. Nearly all arguments that intend to emphasize the (valid but way overcalled*) dangers of police work boil down to guns in the wrong hands.

*Annual risk for a cop to be murdered: 0.01%/year. If i use police union reported work related deaths then about 0.03-0.05% per year
Risk of an American to die of COVID past year: 0.15%. According to the "neutral" right, COVID mortality is overblown, but similar math is consistently omitted when we apply it to cops.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
And why was there not a good guy with a gun there to stop them?
Here is the thing, when you conceal carry, for the vast majority, it is for your individual protection and I think for many gun owners, the gun represents your advantage. But the problem is when the other party also has a gun, you no longer hold the exclusive advantage, and you may be up against someone acclimated to gun fights or does not give a damn about their lives.

So when you are at the mall with your gun, and shooting breaks out down the at the other end, most likely you are high tailing it out of there, or hiding behind a bench or a planter holding your gun, for when they come to get you. There could be heroes, but my guess is most people are just looking after their own hides and are not prepared to voluntarily engage for the common good.

U

User.45

Here is the thing, when you conceal carry, for the vast majority, it is for your individual protection and I think for many gun owners, the gun represents your advantage. But the problem is when the other party also has a gun, you no longer hold the exclusive advantage, and you may be up against someone acclimated to gun fights or does not give a damn about their lives.

So when you are at the mall with your gun, and shooting breaks out down the at the other end, most likely you are high tailing it out of there, or hiding behind a bench or a planter holding your gun, for when they come to get you. There could be heroes, but my guess is most people are just looking after their own hides and are not prepared to voluntarily engage for the common good.
Or risking shooting bystanders... I don't need a "good guy" without a gun who never had proper training. I need the "bad guy" to not have a gun.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Or risking shooting bystanders... I don't need a "good guy" without a gun who never had proper training. I need the "bad guy" to not have a gun.
Think about the nightmare for law enforcement, walking into a mall where there is a gun fight involving armed citizens against bad citizens. Think about sorting this out while bullets are flying. :unsure:

U

User.45

Think about the nightmare for law enforcement, walking into a mall where there is a gun fight involving armed citizens against bad citizens. Think about sorting this out while bullets are flying. :unsure:
Agree, it's impossible to sort it out. "Luckily" they have a color coded system that "helps" them do the sorting.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
So when you are at the mall with your gun, and shooting breaks out down the at the other end, most likely you are high tailing it out of there, or hiding behind a bench or a planter holding your gun, for when they come to get you.
I just came up with a new word: gunlarpers. Those who only ever masturbate with their metal penis.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score

If I was in that situation I’d be out of there and thinking about myself only and my family. We only get one chance at this and I’m not losing that chance saving anybody and putting myself in danger lol [emoji23]. I’m no hero.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
If I was in that situation I’d be out of there and thinking about myself only and my family. We only get one chance at this and I’m not losing that chance saving anybody and putting myself in danger lol [emoji23]. I’m no hero.
Forget that, it's been shown time & time again by experts, even police screw it up. Things happen so fast. In real life we don't have an opening part of the film where we get to know the good & bad guys. It's just a guy dressed in normal clothes with a gun, and mistakes are made.

If you aren't a White male police officer, shooting an innocent person of any race is getting you sent to jail. In real life my worry is I shoot the wrong person trying to play "good guy".

Screw that.

Learn from Klepper

Top Bottom
1 2