Kamala Harris' Prosecutors Sent This Innocent Man to Prison for Murder. Now He's Talking

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Duckworth likely didn't want the job.

Though she would have been an interesting pick, simply because it would've exposed bare the hypocrisy underlying the Trump fanatic's self-professed adoration of the military.

Here's a woman who sacrificed both her legs in defense of our country. Who's her opponent? A Vietnam draft dodger. You'd think that would give her a massive advantage among the Trump right. But no. They only love the military so long as the military shows its love for Trump. It'd take him all of 5 seconds before he'd go for that low hanging fruit to make light of her disability, and his ever-loyal fanbase would LOVE him for it.

Yeah, well.....fuck those guys. In other cases such as Obama, a lot of people were disappointed with some of his actions. @jkcerda regularly mentions his signing of indefinite detention. I did not see people constantly searching for justification of actions that they would not normally support though. With Hilary Clinton, most of the time, it was similar.

With Trump, whatever he does, some vocal subset of his followers will find a way to retroactively add justification or blindly support whatever justification one of his cabinet members tacks on. He's like an idiot's vision of a good businessman. Shapiro already takes the title of "idiot's vision of a smart person", so I won't assign that one to Trump. I lost respect for differences of opinion when many of those opinions are almost entirely backed by disingenuous reasoning.

My comment on Duckworth didn't have so much to do with her military service record though. Her name has come up this election cycle, and she appears to be a respectable person with some senatorial experience. That is a good start, given that the president and vice president are just two people out of many required to run the executive branch.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
On the matter of Mr Trump, while I am delighted to see a woman, especially a woman of colour on Mr Biden's ticket, candidly, I'm not all that bothered by her baggage.

Instead, I take Churchill's stance, and echo his answer, for, when that avowed anti-Communist was asked about his tenuous alliance with Stalin, when the Wehrmacht invaded Russia in 1941, he replied: “If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons.”

Personally, I don't much care who defeats Mr Trump, as long as he is removed from office. We can deal with their imperfections, compromises, contradictions, and whatever baggage - and whatever inevitable disappointment comes in their wake - afterwards.

I'll go further: Not only was I very sorry that Secretary Clinton was not elected in 2016, a part of me still regrets that she didn't obtain the Democrat nomination in 2008, even though the election of Mr Obama as President was an extraordinary and historic achievement, given the fraught history of race relations in the US.

In the 90s, my father - who followed US politics closely - told me that he far preferred Hillary to Bill, and expressed the wish to me that she had been the Dem candidate.

Now, Michelle Obama.....that lady really rocks. I'd have loved to have seen her seek office, though, in a functioning democracy, one can have too much of a small number of familiar surnames recurring and reappearing endlessly in election campaigns.

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
...Now, Michelle Obama.....that lady really rocks. I'd have loved to have seen her seek office, though, in a functioning democracy, one can have too much of a small number of familiar surnames recurring and reappearing endlessly in election campaigns.
I fully agree, especially after last night. I’ve always liked her, but now I’ve upgraded my status to fan.

Unfortunately for our country, I get the feeling that she doesn’t want to get involved with all the bullshit that comes with holding office.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I fully agree, especially after last night. I’ve always liked her, but now I’ve upgraded my status to fan.

Unfortunately for our country, I get the feeling that she doesn’t want to get involved with all the bullshit that comes with holding office.

honestly I had enough of political families, especially if they aim for the highest office in the land. I see many Trump lovers cheering for Don Jr saying that they want him to run in 2024.No, I don’t want that. I don’t want another bush, another clinton, another Obama, another Kennedy,etc.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
, but now I’ve upgraded my status to fan.

@Thomas Veil yesterday... 😛 😛

giphy.gif

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
things were worse IMHO in 2016 than they are now, Kamala is the new Hillary on this one.

in 2016 the left lost the Bernie bros , wonder how many you lost this time due to Kamala being on the ticket?
Holmes vs Moriarty, Superman vs Luther, Batman vs the Joker, Biden-Harris vs Beelzebub-Pence. As a usual trend coming from you is to pick apart the Democrats/Liberals and being silent about the total shit bag they are running against. Are you actually trying to talk us out of Biden because you think Trump is better?

Sure critique them, there is no perfect candidate, or a candidate who will appeal to both liberals and conservatives, but you’d better be giving the The Head Despicable equal time, but you never do, not unless you are pressed.

As part of the system, as a rule prosecutors don’t spend a lot of time investigating police departments unless something pops up. And an innocent human being being thrown in jail is tragic, but if you take a minute and compare the end goals of the Democrats vs the Conservatives, especially the lying anti-democrac, lie their asses off, keep you in a box Conservatives, there is just no comparison, especially with The Deciever possessing the White House.

8F45245E-DC36-4CD4-9630-A34402703307.png

This is the dirt bag trying to trash the Post Office so he can make a blatant play on undermining the Presidential Election in his favor! I’m just not in the mood to hear your arguments against Harris.

Last edited:

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Holmes vs Moriarty, Superman vs Luther, Batman vs the Joker, Biden-Harris vs Beelzebub-Pence. As a usual trend coming from you is to pick apart the Democrats/Liberals and being silent about the total shit bag they are running against. Are you actually trying to talk us out of Biden because you think Trump is better?

Sure critique them, there is no perfect candidate, or a candidate who will appeal to both liberals and conservatives, but you’d better be giving the The Head Despicable equal time, but you never do, not unless you are pressed.

As part of the system, as a rule prosecutors don’t spend a lot of time investigating police departments unless something pops up. And an innocent human being being thrown in jail is tragic, but if you take a minute and compare the end goals of the Democrats vs the Conservatives, especially the lying anti-democrac, lie their asses off, keep you in a box Conservatives, there is just no comparison, especially with The Deciever possessing the White House.

This is the dirt bag trying to trash the Post Office so he can make a blatant play on undermining the Presidential Election in his favor! I’m just not in the mood to hear your arguments against Harris.
do you know WHO else is running?
117338380_134786184978830_5591514604790914225_n.jpg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
do you know WHO else is running?
117338380_134786184978830_5591514604790914225_n.jpg
Who is your poster directed at? And who are you voting for? Are you voting?
What does freedom mean to you?

For myself I can identify relative harm or relative good, however it is viewed. And I won’t pick on the better choice because I secretly prefer the crook. Btw, that’s projected at you. :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
c7nh1dhxbx051.jpg
Unfortunately you are picking the wrong year to allow your philosophy to Trump your pragmatism and throw your vote away. No problem, California will go for Biden-Harris. :)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
On the matter of Mr Trump, while I am delighted to see a woman, especially a woman of colour on Mr Biden's ticket, candidly, I'm not all that bothered by her baggage.

Instead, I take Churchill's stance, and echo his answer, for, when that avowed anti-Communist was asked about his tenuous alliance with Stalin, when the Wehrmacht invaded Russia in 1941, he replied: “If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons.”

Personally, I don't much care who defeats Mr Trump, as long as he is removed from office. We can deal with their imperfections, compromises, contradictions, and whatever baggage - and whatever inevitable disappointment comes in their wake - afterwards.

I'll go further: Not only was I very sorry that Secretary Clinton was not elected in 2016, a part of me still regrets that she didn't obtain the Democrat nomination in 2008, even though the election of Mr Obama as President was an extraordinary and historic achievement, given the fraught history of race relations in the US.

In the 90s, my father - who followed US politics closely - told me that he far preferred Hillary to Bill, and expressed the wish to me that she had been the Dem candidate.

Now, Michelle Obama.....that lady really rocks. I'd have loved to have seen her seek office, though, in a functioning democracy, one can have too much of a small number of familiar surnames recurring and reappearing endlessly in election campaigns.

Do you support a Wall St controlled meritocracy?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Here’s the deal. Right now you’re on a boat that’s going down fast. You have one minute to save yourself. Your choices are:
  1. grabbing an anchor (Trump)
  2. grabbing a life preserver (Biden)
  3. standing there wishing you had a sports car right now.
Good luck with 1 and 3.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
The only problem I have with libertarians is that the whole thing is predicated upon the notion that there's no such thing as bad actors, and everyone will at all times logically consider what's in their own best interests. Recent circumstances have shown us that, yes, there are such things as bad actors, and no, people won't always do what's in their own best interests.

It's like communism in that regard. It assumed itself perfect by dint of being, and that people who resided in this perfect system would themselves act perfect because they appreciate the perfect system they live in. We all saw how well that worked out. Shit got fucked.

Sure, I like the idea of Libertarianism, that every man and woman is responsible for themselves, and that no one should stand in the way of their future successes. It's the ultimate expression of negative freedoms. But I know how it'll turn out. Robber Barons, Pinkertons enforcing their will, and a whole shit ton of miserable people who didn't manage to scramble to the top of the hill to stake their claim during the initial rush.

...and those people stuck at the bottom? They'll be the ones advocating communism later.

Top Bottom
1 2