Kamala Harris' Prosecutors Sent This Innocent Man to Prison for Murder. Now He's Talking

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
If you read down into the article, Harris didn't frame this poor guy...but she defended the cops and prosecutors who did--or at the very least didn't look too critically at them.

You can read what you want into that. High ranking prosecutorial officials rarely scrutinize their underlings, nor the cops, for obvious reasons. (Bill de Blasio is a prime example of what happens when you don't bend at the knee before the police union.) Still, it suggests either a lack of awareness or a lack of courage or both, coupled with hypocrisy for not apologizing for those mistakes.

It's good context, but it doesn't change my vote. Ask me again if she starts stealing mailboxes and sorting machines.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm still somewhat disappointed he went with her over Duckworth or someone similar. I don't know what his campaign's internal models looked like though. He's unlikely to flip the really red states where they hate her. I haven't checked her support in California, but her record as a prosecutor and state attorney general won't flip that. I figure I'm not the target audience of that pick.

Regardless of who he picked though, the attacks were going to come from somewhere.

If you read down into the article, Harris didn't frame this poor guy...but she defended the cops and prosecutors who did--or at the very least didn't look too critically at them.

If she actually framed someone, she wouldn't be on the ticket. That isn't something you overcome. The appellate court did rule that it was a case of prosecutorial misconduct. Her office also compensated their one witness with relocation benefits. They went pretty try-hard there for a conviction on weak evidence, which is really garbage in my opinion and not how she actually tries to portray her record. At least at that time, conviction rates were seemingly important to a prosecutor's career. Harris was DA there at the time, but she appears to have been fully aware of that case. The guy mentions that she was in the courtroom at least twice.

I wouldn't brush this off as something minor. If it was, the victim's award would not have been so large. Convictions on high profile cases were likely crucial to her campaign for state attorney general.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Much as we were in 2016, we're not voting for the better candidate here. Rather, we're voting for the less bad one.
things were worse IMHO in 2016 than they are now, Kamala is the new Hillary on this one.

in 2016 the left lost the Bernie bros , wonder how many you lost this time due to Kamala being on the ticket?

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
things were worse IMHO in 2016 than they are now, Kamala is the new Hillary on this one.

She's got some skeletons in her closet, though not nearly as much as either Hillary or Trump, and is considerably more popular than both. Her nomination to the vice presidency won't push many fence sitters towards Trump.

in 2016 the left lost the Bernie bros...

Which doesn't make a GOTTDAMN bit of sense. I can understand why they wouldn't want to vote for Hillary, but considering they're the bunch who give the Left its most leftist tendencies, voting for Trump out of spite only served to hurt themselves.

If they do it again, especially now that Trump's no longer the Devil We Don't Know vs. Hillary's Devil We Do, and we're all well aware of what to expect from him, they deserve every ounce of pain they get. Let them choke on their student loans if they do.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I noticed the comments below that YouTube video are basically one big conservative circle jerk. They're fooling themselves.

Kamala Harris could, during the VP debate, walk over and punch Mike Pence in the head and Biden/Harris would still win because Trump.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Kamala Harris could, during the VP debate, walk over and punch Mike Pence in the head and Biden/Harris would still win because Trump.

I wish I shared your optimism over Trump's potential upcoming defeat. Considering he's the incumbent, and any turns for the better will automatically play to his benefit, I'm giving him at least a 60% chance of winning this upcoming election.

Renzatic

Reaction score
I'm still somewhat disappointed he went with her over Duckworth or someone similar.

Duckworth likely didn't want the job.

Though she would have been an interesting pick, simply because it would've exposed bare the hypocrisy underlying the Trump fanatic's self-professed adoration of the military.

Here's a woman who sacrificed both her legs in defense of our country. Who's her opponent? A Vietnam draft dodger. You'd think that would give her a massive advantage among the Trump right. But no. They only love the military so long as the military shows its love for Trump. It'd take him all of 5 seconds before he'd go for that low hanging fruit to make light of her disability, and his ever-loyal fanbase would LOVE him for it.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I wish I shared your optimism over Trump's potential upcoming defeat. Considering he's the incumbent, and any turns for the better will automatically play to his benefit, I'm giving him at least a 60% chance of winning this upcoming election.

interesting. I give 60% chance to Biden at the moment, but Biden is also walking on a tightrope. He must step up his campaign, he can’t hide in his basement forever

Renzatic

Reaction score
interesting. I give 60% chance to Biden at the moment, but Biden is also walking on a tightrope. He must step up his campaign, he can’t hide in his basement forever

At the moment, Biden has a clear lead, and if the election were held tomorrow, he'd win soundly.

The question is, will that lead hold for the next three months? If the economy begins to improve between now and the election, and we start getting the virus outbreak under control, we'll see public opinion swing back towards Trump favor again.

All in all, I'm expecting another election won by the razors edge.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
At the moment, Biden has a clear lead, and if the election were held tomorrow, he'd win soundly.

The question is, will that lead hold for the next three months? If the economy begins to improve between now and the election, and we start getting the virus outbreak under control, we'll see public opinion swing back towards Trump favor again.

All in all, I'm expecting another election won by the razors edge.

quite possible, the truth is that this elections are going to be practically impossible to decipher. I am NOT looking forward to the ever increasing drama.

Renzatic

Reaction score
quite possible, the truth is that this elections are going to be practically impossible to decipher. I am NOT looking forward to the ever increasing drama.

I'm thinking that no matter who wins, it's a safe bet to expect some unrest to follow their victory. November is going to be a very interesting month.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
She's got some skeletons in her closet, though not nearly as much as either Hillary or Trump, and is considerably more popular than both. Her nomination to the vice presidency won't push many fence sitters towards Trump.

It’s like I keep saying. Anyone who doesn’t come with baggage doesn’t deserve a thought since it means they have no past and haven’t done anything. So of course Harris has skeletons. She’s not a babe in the woods.

Here's a woman who sacrificed both her legs in defense of our country. Who's her opponent? A Vietnam draft dodger. You'd think that would give her a massive advantage among the Trump right. But no. They only love the military so long as the military shows its love for Trump. It'd take him all of 5 seconds before he'd go for that low hanging fruit to make light of her disability, and his ever-loyal fanbase would LOVE him for it.

Love Tammy Duckworth. I see a place for her in the cabinet.

I wish Biden would announce his cabinet now. Is that asking too much?

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
It’s like I keep saying. Anyone who doesn’t come with baggage doesn’t deserve a thought since it means they have no past and haven’t done anything. So of course Harris has skeletons. She’s not a babe in the woods.

Love Tammy Duckworth. I see a place for her in the cabinet.

I wish Biden would announce his cabinet now. Is that asking too much?
Seems kamala was the worst Biden could do.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Seems kamala was the worst Biden could do.

From a pure marketing standpoint, she's a pretty solid happy medium, palatable to everyone across the Democrat spectrum, from the farthest left Progressive, to the right leaning Blue Dogs.

She's not anyone's first choice, but everyone can live with her.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
From a pure marketing standpoint, she's a pretty solid happy medium, palatable to everyone across the Democrat spectrum, from the farthest left Progressive, to the right leaning Blue Dogs.

She's not anyone's first choice, but everyone can live with her.
5 o'clock somewhere for sure.

Top Bottom
1 2