Kanye West, the media's predictable cycle, and the rise of reactionism

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
A photographer friend of mine who's Jewish and an attorney who specialized in bias/hate crime legislation, has a snappy comeback for "Some of my best friends are Jews." And that's, "Oh really, that's great. And some of my best friends are anti-Semites!"

The only Jewish person I ever knew was a giant redneck who spent all his money on hunting gear, and accessorizing his truck.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
If that's how you feel, then why not cast the same stone at Jeff Bezos? Not one mention in the media or any Jewish representative pointing any fingers at Amazon for hosting the book/doc vid on it's platform.

Kyrie, who's most likely oblivious (like most) to what the actual truth is, is being demonized for simply posting a book/doc video. He's not hosting it on his platform, he's not making a dime of sales. They are literally trying to micromanage his beliefs or lack of beliefs. You don't get to use your critical thinking, just accepted what we let you and denounce what we tell you to.

And Joe Tsai (Nets owner), just WOW!!! Talk about the last one who should be throwing stones. 😳
It's not about how I feel, it's about the anti-semitism that Kyrie and others are spreading. The documentary (and by extension, the books that form the basis for the documentary) are anti-semitic nonsense. If Kyrie were using critical thinking skills he would have watched the documentary, not simply promote it. If he can't be bothered to do that and simply wants to parrot the key point of the doc, that's on him. He's not a brainiac having earlier questioned if the world is flat and spewing his extreme anti-vaxx nonsense that saw him lose a ton of money last season.

If he's so keen on promoting the video, why not sue the NBA for violating his rights instead of issuing a less than half-assed apology and "donating" $500K to the ADL? The ADL was right to refuse the $$$ from someone that still promotes anti-semitism.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
It's not about how I feel, it's about the anti-semitism that Kyrie and others are spreading. The documentary (and by extension, the books that form the basis for the documentary) are anti-semitic nonsense. If Kyrie were using critical thinking skills he would have watched the documentary, not simply promote it. If he can't be bothered to do that and simply wants to parrot the key point of the doc, that's on him. He's not a brainiac having earlier questioned if the world is flat and spewing his extreme anti-vaxx nonsense that saw him lose a ton of money last season.

If he's so keen on promoting the video, why not sue the NBA for violating his rights instead of issuing a less than half-assed apology and "donating" $500K to the ADL? The ADL was right to refuse the $$$ from someone that still promotes anti-semitism.

It is all about just feelings, when nobody is posting any excerpts that show proof of it being anti-semitic. Like I mentioned before, I'm not hopping on the bandwagon of accusations until I see legitimate proof. Why would that be so hard to do, if it's so anti-semitic? All the critics and the media had no problem quoting Kanye's inarticulate crazy rants. But absolutely no quotes from this?

The burden of proof is not on me to blindly believe accusations, and I'm definitely not purchasing something I'm not interested in. The burden of proof lies with the accusers. Provide the proof, then I'm content. Provide nothing, don't expect me to believe nothing.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is all about just feelings, when nobody is posting any excerpts that show proof of it being anti-semitic. Like I mentioned before, I'm not hopping on the bandwagon of accusations until I see legitimate proof. Why would that be so hard to do, if it's so anti-semitic? All the critics and the media had no problem quoting Kanye's inarticulate crazy rants. But absolutely no quotes from this?

The burden of proof is not on me to blindly believe accusations, and I'm definitely not purchasing something I'm not interested in. The burden of proof lies with the accusers. Provide the proof, then I'm content. Provide nothing, don't expect me to believe nothing.

„So the Holocaust in itself is an event that means something to a large group of people that suffered something that could have been avoided“

Give me a fucking break.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

“I cannot be anti-Semitic if I know where I come from.”

Give me a fucking break.

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score

I'm guessing you haven't actually looked for info about the film yourself......it's actually easy to find.

In a previous posted you said something about wanting Jews to explain their accusation that the film is anti-semitic, so here you have a link an article from the Anti Defamation League about the film and its anti-Semitic elements.

ADL - Hebrews to Negroes

and while you're there, you find a link to a blog entry about what Kanye West has been saying. You should take a look at it too.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
I'm guessing you haven't actually looked for info about the film yourself......it's actually easy to find.

In a previous posted you said something about wanting Jews to explain their accusation that the film is anti-semitic, so here you have a link an article from the Anti Defamation League about the film and its anti-Semitic elements.

ADL - Hebrews to Negroes

and while you're there, you find a link to a blog entry about what Kanye West has been saying. You should take a look at it too.
Why would I need to search for the info? That's not my burden.

Fair enough, judging by the excerpts posted in the link (especially using language like "Synagogue of Satan"), YES, that doc video is anti-semitic.

IMO, they still went too far with Kyrie. He already stated he took full responsibility for the content in the post? What more do they want from him? Do they want to force him to say he was anti-semitic himself for content that's not his?

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
It is all about just feelings, when nobody is posting any excerpts that show proof of it being anti-semitic.
JFC! there are none so blind as those who will not see.

The author/director has anti-semitic BS on his page for the book series and the video at Amazon and on his own webpage and at least one additional site where the DVD can be bought. Another poster linked to the ADL. Go ahead, move the goal posts.

All that's missing is the "Heritage, not hate" tagline. :unsure:

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
JFC! there are none so blind as those who will not see.

The author/director has anti-semitic BS on his page for the book series and the video at Amazon and on his own webpage and at least one additional site where the DVD can be bought. Another poster linked to the ADL. Go ahead, move the goal posts.

All that's missing is the "Heritage, not hate" tagline. :unsure:

Move goal posts? You're in your feelings towards somebody that owes you nothing.

I simply stated I'm just not going to blindly believe anything unless I see proof. It's NOT on me to look for proof. It's on everyone else making the accusations to show proof. From news media, to social media that I've crossed (without looking for), I've seen no excerpts from the book/doc video. Even in this thread, Macky-Mac was the only one to post a link to actual excerpts, which could have been done much earlier by you since everyone is claiming it's so easy to find.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I simply stated I'm just not going to blindly believe anything unless I see proof.

IseeNothing.png

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
If you are going to support it, it is your burden. If you refuse to look at the information (especially when someone hands it to you), then you should stop defending it - since it’s not your burden.

It’s like you didn’t any of my posts. 😳

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Kanye says that when you call him anti-semitic, that‘s just code for calling him the n-word (which he spelled out in his now-blocked twitter post).

If you object to posts about Jews controlling the world, you‘re racist. Makes sense to me.

This is just BS “I win no matter what”, the same playbook Trump always uses. If I win, it’s a complete endorsement of my actions, if I win my court case, it’s a total vindication or victory. If I lose, the judge is a Hispanic never-Trumper, it’s because they’re a RINO, it’s a witch hunt.

I’m not sure if Kanye is having an episode or just using hate to market himself like so many of the GQP folk he seems to look up to, but it’s a stupid and insulting game. And like Trump, he’s doubling down on stupid.

Luckily, I’m not that invested in Kanye, and I doubt most of the racist and anti-Semitic folks out there are invested in him either, behind co-signing for his ridiculous statements.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
I’m somewhat surprised white folk take Kanye seriously at all. As far as I can tell black folk stopped taking him seriously when he got married to Kim…

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m somewhat surprised white folk take Kanye seriously at all. As far as I can tell black folk stopped taking him seriously when he got married to Kim…
Too many Black folk take him seriously and support him via sales. That's why he was able to get away with his BS for so long. Adidas and others saw that and said to hell with it, we'll keep making $$$ off his dumb ass.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
Too many Black folk take him seriously and support him via sales. That's why he was able to get away with his BS for so long. Adidas and others saw that and said to hell with it, we'll keep making $$$ off his dumb ass.
So are you saying 1 black person buying his wares is 1 too many?

IMO, he only mattered because white folks allowed him to matter, they have fixed the glitch...

Top Bottom
1 2