Kanye West, the media's predictable cycle, and the rise of reactionism

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
He's just another Nazi sympathizer and in some ways it's respectable that he at least admits it, most Trump supporter/white supremacists who clearly are won't.

That we're now dealing with highly influential black white supremacists only serves to convince me even moreso that we've all died, and are actually all in hell.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It depends. Which Hitler are we talking about? I need some context here!
Could’ve been his younger brother, Klaus. Here’s the only known photo of him.

baby-hitler2.jpg

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Kayne is definitely digging himself a deeper hole, doubling down on on antisemitic rhetoric and surrounding himself with unabashed antisemites like Nick Fuentes who makes explicitly anti-Jewish statements routinely.

I actually have some sympathy for Kanye. He is reportedly (and quite evidently) bipolar. I work in mental health and deal with this stuff all the time. It’s not uncommon for delusions to mix with conspiracy theories and bigotry. And it seems awfully clear a number radical right wingers are attempting to leech of his personality, and whatever clout and hundreds of millions Kanye has left.

If there is any question of whether or not Kanye is unwell, he proposed running for President with Trump as his VP immediately after being effectively “cancelled” by polite society. You’d think Trump’s ego would find this offer unacceptably demeaning… I wouldn’t be surprised if Kanye quietly becomes a persona non-grata in the immediate Trump sphere.

That said, Kanye more than likely bears some responsibly in getting himself into treatment. He appears to have paranoid delusions, delusions of grandeur, possibly hyper-religiosity, possible mixed-episodes, but he still is likely competent.

Then you have to question Trumps judgement. Now seems like a pretty bad time to meet with Kanye given his current situation. A normal person might do this out of a commitment to friendship and helping your friends through a time of self inflicted difficulties… but I would suggest more likely it’s Trump’s narcissism at work. It doesn’t matter if your the worst person on earth, Trump loves anyone who demonstrates affection/loyalty. But you’d think Trump’s people might do a little research into Fuentes before agreeing to meet with him.

And then even more strangely you have Milo Yiannopoulos among this cadre of societal rejects. It’s awfully strange he’s hanging out with an outspoken homophobic racist antisemitic white supremacist like Fuentes considering Milo is gay, is/was married to a black man, and Jewish. And strange that Fuentes is hanging out with black man and Kanye is hanging out with a white supremacist.

Apparently Milo has adopted a new persona of a straight, conventionally dressed, Bible thumper.

These people are a complete joke.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So kanye tweeted a swastika intertwined with a Magen David, and then:

Less than 10 minutes after, he shared an apparent text from Elon Musk. In the two screenshots, the Twitter owner appears to tell West, “Sorry, but you have gone too far. This is not love,” in reference to the photoshopped image of the swastika and Star of David. In response, West shot back, “Who made you the judge.” Like the photoshopped image, the tweet has since been taken down for violating Twitter’s policies.

Then he tweeted some stuff at Musk.

Then it looks like Musk had Kanye’s account suspended.

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
“Every human being has something of value that they brought to the table, especially Hitler,” Ye said. “Also Hitler was born Christian.”

I saw a clip of this in a Jimmy Kimmel video.
After the first part I thought: "So what value did you bring to the table?" (Maybe the Bible? For some reason he had a bible on the table in front of him.)
Then came "especially Hitler" and I truly lost it! This guy has no idea who Hitler was and what he would have ordered his people to do to him (because Hitler didn't get his own hands dirty).

Also, there are a lot of people who were born Christian, and there are a lot of people who claim to be Chrisitan, but for some reason they don't behave Christian.
So that point is totally moot, unless he wanted to say that even Christians can be sadistic brutes.

He also claimed that Hitler invented the microphone (in addition to the highway).
I'm not sure Hitler invented anything, but certainly not the microphone.
He didn't even invent antisemitism or concentration camps...

Also why the hell did Kanye have a black mask over his face?

As to why Trump still meets with him, just think back to Trump's "I have the best people" interview:
Trump clearly is a bad judge of character, unless he is actively searching for all the bad eggs.

EDIT: Forgot to mention...
If you are sitting beside Alex Jones and Alex Jones comes accross as the sane one, then you have a serious problem!

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
It's funny how artists like Lil Nas can have a video of him making out with a depiction of Satan, and trying to sell satanic sneakers, yet he's praised, not canceled. But everyone is treating Kanye like he murdered someone. I'm not defending Kanye, but it's obvious everyone's outrage priorities are out of order.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's funny how artists like Lil Nas can have a video of him making out with a depiction of Satan, and trying to sell satanic sneakers, yet he's praised, not canceled. But everyone is treating Kanye like he murdered someone. I'm not defending Kanye, but it's obvious everyone's outrage priorities are out of order.

Maybe it's because kanye praises and admires the dictator who murdered 6 million people?

For me that's outrageous behavior.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Satan has never killed anyone. he is not even real. the christian god has killed far more than the devil but his name is still praised.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Simple answer:

One of those guys killed 6 million jews, hundreds of thousands of gay and disabled people, imposed forced sterilization on minorities, and started a world war.

The other ISN’T REAL

”I’m not defending Kanye, but here’s a defense of Kanye.”

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
Maybe it's because kanye praises and admires the dictator who murdered 6 million people?

For me that's outrageous behavior.

When I watched that weird interview. It seemed like Kanye was trying to convey his faith by showing love to everyone, even the enemy. It literally states in the Bible, love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you. Now do I actually believe Kanye's faith is true? Well, I think he's too narcissistic to take anything he says as him being legit.

Satan has never killed anyone. he is not even real. the christian god has killed far more than the devil but his name is still praised.

To you he's not real. To Christians, Satan is as real as can be. My point is Satan (whether you believe or not) is the representative of ultimate evil. So why was it okay for Lil Nas and plenty of other artists to play with that? It just looks like selective outrage IMO.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
To you he's not real. To Christians, Satan is as real as can be. My point is Satan (whether you believe or not) is the representative of ultimate evil. So why was it okay for Lil Nas and plenty of other artists to play with that? It just looks like selective outrage IMO.
if were go by what's real in someones head verses what's real I the world then there is no hope. Satan is only christians scapegoat not the rest of the worlds. everyone suffered from Hitler.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So that I don‘t personally attack anyone in particular, I‘m just going to post the following science fact: If you express admiration for Hitler in any way, if you point out he was kind to puppies, if you say his mustache wasn’t all that bad, … anything at all, then, guess what? You’re an anti-Semite, at least seven tenths of a Nazi, and if I ever meet you in person I will be obligated to punch you in the face.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe people like Kanye, Margori Taylor Green, Lauren Bobart etc. are given too much of a platform. They know that all they have to do is say something outrageous and it will be blasted all over the news and social media. Green, for instance, is just one of hundreds of Representatives yet she may be the only one a lot of people know about. Same goes for Trump and his unhinged middle of the night postings. Or the postings of the idiot Musk. Of course we should be aware of what's going on, but it just seems to be in excess.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
if were go by what's real in someones head verses what's real I the world then there is no hope. Satan is only christians scapegoat not the rest of the worlds. everyone suffered from Hitler.

But it's not just about you. Those that are religious have the right to their beliefs as well.

So that I don‘t personally attack anyone in particular, I‘m just going to post the following science fact: If you express admiration for Hitler in any way, if you point out he was kind to puppies, if you say his mustache wasn’t all that bad, … anything at all, then, guess what? You’re an anti-Semite, at least seven tenths of a Nazi, and if I ever meet you in person I will be obligated to punch you in the face.

So hate for hate is a good thing? Can I attack a person for wear a confederate flag cap?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This is the result of kanye praising hitler. And that's only Los Angeles.

And this is particularly outrageous:

"West has recently made a series of antisemitic outbursts, notably on October 8, when he tweeted he was “going death con 3 [sic] On JEWISH PEOPLE,”

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
… if you say his mustache wasn’t all that bad, …

Well, what about Adenoid Hynckle?

So hate for hate is a good thing? Can I attack a person for wear a confederate flag cap?

You characterize it as "hate" – is that because you cannot find another way to frame it? If we refuse to put up with intolerance, do you call that intolerance for the intolerant?

Would you like a pretzel?

(And, yes, in my view, beating the crap out of someone sporting the flag of slavery and oppression would not be unacceptable, because that symbol says to me that it is ok to kill me because I do not support slavery and oppression. Responding to overt threats with violence is inappropriate, but sometimes I get forced out of propriety and have to deal with shitheads on their level.)

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

If you are a nazi, you are advocating FOR MY DEATH. You are saying you are fine with killing my daughter and turning her into lampshades and soap. You are joining a club that killed more than a dozen of my family members, stole all my family’s property, and which my grandparents escaped only by taking separate ships to separate countries and being separated for years.

”Never again” isn’t just a phrase of hope. It means that next time we aren’t putting up with this shit. And punching a nazi in the face is just the second step.

The first step being that I will not stay silent when people try to normalize the despicable language and behavior of Kanye, Trump, and the rest of those evil turds.

Top Bottom
1 2