KellyAnne Conway is Stepping Down

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I suspect they’re totally disconnected - people like them, in those kind of positions, aren’t even “married” so much as they just have the same address (if they even occupy it at same time very much ...). Just two broken human beings living out life in their own little isolated bubbles, subsisting on narcissism...
There are people who (don’t ask me how) come from different worlds and manage to make it work. James Carville and Mary Matalin, for example.

This is not that.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I suspect they’re totally disconnected - people like them, in those kind of positions, aren’t even “married” so much as they just have the same address (if they even occupy it at same time very much ...). Just two broken human beings living out life in their own little isolated bubbles, subsisting on narcissism, I bet they rarely even communicate with their daughter, let alone sit down as a family.

Maybe this will be a positive change.

Well at the very least it appears to have jolted the couple out of their focus on (vainly, imo) trying to emulate Carville and Matalin. When a child of celebrities goes past hosting teenaged angst on Twitter and finally starts talking publicly about initiating legal action for emancipation, if that's not a wakeup call to parents, I can't imagine what would be. Or maybe I can imagine and so can they, so they're awake now and hoping to avert outright tragedy.

Meanwhile yes it's a convenient exit from the New Titanic for tea-leaves reader Kellyanne, although George may be annoyed at having to cut back his public anti-Trump maneuverings. The two of them have become complete media whores even if there was a time when their respective personal political leanings may have been more sincere. And tbh I have found it difficult to take George as seriously as I do some other never-Trumpers, and will admit that it's because of that long piece about the couple's sparring act that ran somewhere once --in the NYT magazine maybe?-- I am not even inclined to look it up and cite it here.

Wow. I can be vicious when I skip breakfast. Think I'll go remedy that.

Top Bottom
1 2