Ketanji Brown Jackson just confirmed

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
They have to remind the white supremacist voting block that they’re on their side.

Every hardline Trumpublican I see on social media seems to be laboring under the impression that THEY'RE the ones fighting against racism. You know, because the Democrats back in the day were blah blah blah, and so and so, and Biden did block that one black lady's nomination to SCOTUS that one time, which makes him ultra racist.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Every hardline Trumpublican I see on social media seems to be laboring under the impression that THEY'RE the ones fighting against racism. You know, because the Democrats back in the day were blah blah blah, and so and so, and Biden did block that one black lady's nomination to SCOTUS that one time, which makes him ultra racist.

Yeah, I've noticed Twitter is especially adaptable to cherry-picked anecdotes.

In the wake of the atrocious display of Twitter abuse during the Jackson hearings, I'm lately paring my follows down again from a couple hundred to a couple dozen, in the usual vain attempt to get the platform to stop throwing extraneous crap into my timeline based on algorithms such as "someone you follow liked this tweet"

That particular tactic even more than the stupid ads is what causes me to bail out before getting through what I went onto Twitter to look at. Pretty sure that is not their goal, but that's the effect on me. Why should I care about a tweet from some other party that was liked by a reporter I follow but that was not about the news beat for which I follow that reporter. Eventually I go back to just following the media outlet itself, which only tweets about its feature articles.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If they think Democrats were bad with civil rights wait until they hear about what Christians have done.

lizkat

Reaction score
If they think Democrats were bad with civil rights wait until they hear about what Christians have done.

Those are the worst

The problem in hoping that there will eventually be a "Christian backlash" against this stuff is that there already is a backlash, but Christians who work to combat racism in themselves and others are not really likely to go out to social media and lambaste overtly white supremacist co-religionists in anything like the same tone or "decibel level" that one can encounter in that venue.

So the backlash stays in less public circles, from kitchen tables to post-church conversations with pastors and priests.

It's a murky polling area too, because it's difficult to formulate sets of questions on this topic that will actually produce usable results.

Do Christians concerned about the cruelty and divisiveness of pro-active white supremacy care enough to vote against candidates of a Republican Party that will not renounce that level of American racism?

We don't really know if and when that option becomes a Christian voter's priority over other issues on which they might lean Republican.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I’m just sick of seeing the GOP turning down easy moments of bipartisanship. They seem to cater entirely to Trump, and the only exception they’ll make is with white supremacists. So it’s either Trump or racists they sing and dance for, and the crossover is virtually the same in either direction.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’m just sick of seeing the GOP turning down easy moments of bipartisanship. They seem to cater entirely to Trump, and the only exception they’ll make is with white supremacists. So it’s either Trump or racists they sing and dance for, and the crossover is virtually the same in either direction.

They're all spineless and unprincipled. Disgusts me no end that during some moments it's really OK to be a decent human being, but they can never rise to the occasion.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’m just sick of seeing the GOP turning down easy moments of bipartisanship.

Quoting this [again] for emphasis. This required such minimal effort, and it was something that likely was going to happen. That means - even from a strategic standpoint - they think that there's zero value in not being seen as racist and completely bipartisan.

So to your point, we know who, and to what idealogises, they're 100% committed to ...

lizkat

Reaction score
So today was the formal investiture ceremony for Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, who took her seat on the Supreme Court before next week's opening of the court's fall term. She was officially sworn in last June. Today's event was invitation only with all other members of the court present as well as two former justices (Kennedy and Breyer), senior members of the Biden administration, a number of other "legal lights" and politicians.

Piece includes mention of some of the first cases the court will hear.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Not just during the vote. Afterwards as well, cued by the disgraceful McConnell.

Sadly, McConnell's disgraceful behavior only confirmed what I already knew about him. He had an opportunity and moment to stand up, act like a leader, and show even a wee bit of respect for Justice Brown, but instead chose to slither away out the door like a tiny coward. Disgusting.

Top Bottom
1 2