Kim Jong Un reportedly in a coma as his sister Kim Yo Jong takes control

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Not verified (maybe never be), but not unsurprising if true, siter running things, putting together all the succession planning.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Not verified (maybe never be), but not unsurprising if true, siter running things, putting together all the succession planning.

Yeah I've been following this one. Afraid of the bloodshed that will inevitably ensue.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Interesting if true.

From the NYPOST
North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un has fallen into a coma, a former South Korean official is claiming on the heels of reports that the northern leader has ceded some of his power to his younger sister.

Chang Song-min, a former aide to late South Korean President Kim Dae-jung, has alleged that the Hermit Kingdom’s honcho has become seriously ill amid speculation about his limited public appearances this year, the Mirror reported.

“I assess him to be in a coma, but his life has not ended,” he told South Korean media.

The former aide added that the leader’s younger sister, Kim Yo Jong, was poised to help lead the country.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
If true, I assume that Kim Ju-ae will have her life shortened.

Let's look at the potential worst case scenarios here.

Ju-ae ascends to the leadership of North Korea well aware of the the precariousness of her position. Given that she's a second-in-line choice, and the first woman to take the reigns of the Kim dynasty, she has so much more to lose, and so much more to prove. So, with the assistance of her allies in the military, she commits to a nationwide cleansing of those she deems her enemies, resulting in a gross amount of unnecessary bloodshed, possibly leading to a small civil war as various factions in the government fight for their very survival. Once the dust has settled, she comes out the victor, and we're left with a battleworn hardass who will unite the country through renewed fervor against the west, the results of which will make us long for the days of her more reasonable predecessors.

The military, realizing they're the true power in North Korea, takes advantage of the situation to stage a successful coup that deposes the Kim dynasty entirely. The end results will be a more militant, and more competently run country that will likely align itself more closely with China.

The first scenario comes to pass, but the sides are more evenly matched. A prolonged civil war results, destabilizing the entire region as it spills over into China and South Korea. Eventually, China steps in to protect its own interests, likely annexing the country in the process. The rest of the world doesn't respond too well to this development, and tensions rise as a result.

The whole situation is rife with peril.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Let's look at the potential worst case scenarios here.

Ju-ae ascends to the leadership of North Korea well aware of the the precariousness of her position. Given that she's a second-in-line choice, and the first woman to take the reigns of the Kim dynasty, she has so much more to lose, and so much more to prove. So, with the assistance of her allies in the military, she commits to a nationwide cleansing of those she deems her enemies, resulting in a gross amount of unnecessary bloodshed, possibly leading to a small civil war as various factions in the government fight for their very survival. Once the dust has settled, she comes out the victor, and we're left with a battleworn hardass who will unite the country through renewed fervor against the west, the results of which will make us long for the days of her more reasonable predecessors.

The military, realizing they're the true power in North Korea, takes advantage of the situation to stage a successful coup that deposes the Kim dynasty entirely. The end results will be a more militant, and more competently run country that will likely align itself more closely with China.

The first scenario comes to pass, but the sides are more evenly matched. A prolonged civil war results, destabilizing the entire region as it spills over into China and South Korea. Eventually, China steps in to protect its own interests, likely annexing the country in the process. The rest of the world doesn't respond too well to this development, and tensions rise as a result.

The whole situation is rife with peril.

interesting scenarios.
Just one detail: Ju-ae is 7yo... not sure she can pull off such a great plan!

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Kids can be mean little bastards, especially at that age.

...I'm talking about Kim Jo-Yong. You know what I meant. :p

I know I know 😂

at any rate, this crisis - if confirmed - is not going to end up well and without bloodshed. I just hope that it doesn’t extend to the rest of the region.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Would a North Korea under China rule be worse? I would think China wouldn't want to do that because they could no longer use NK as their half-cocked retarded rogue state cousin threatening the rest of the world. NK as it stands is China's anger translator.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
at any rate, this crisis - if confirmed - is not going to end up well and without bloodshed. I just hope that it doesn’t extend to the rest of the region.

About the best we could hope for is the usual amount of bloodshed that occurs when a new Kim takes the reins. We'll see a few show executions, then it's business as usual.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Would a North Korea under China rule be worse? I would think China wouldn't want to do that because they could no longer use NK as their half-cocked retarded rogue state cousin threatening the rest of the world. NK as it stands is China's anger translator.
It's a good question though, seeing as how China is the recipient of any refugees they have a huge stake in what happens there. Not only that but the citizens of NK would be so much better off without a tyrannical dictator.

Top Bottom
1 2