Latest Score From The North American Shooting Gallery

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
That feeling you’re having? It’s not just you…

24B06908-B22A-49A8-BA38-30A8A0CD8251.jpeg

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I LOLed at your comment, which was funny, but the situation is not.

With all the shooting and death going on and nothing stopping it, I think the 2A fanatics have pretty much shown how false and idiotic that “good guy with a gun” argument is.

Last edited:

P_X

Captain
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Come on, man! We need to be able to defend ourselves! What could seriously go wrong with a “good guy with a gun”?

This is a good one.

My fave concept is, defensive gun use estimated to be 60,000 and 3,000,000x a year in the USA. AFAIK gun victimization is about 100,000/yr. Furthermore, I suspect if we take larger estimates, one person's "defensive" gun use is another's victimization. It's a hot mess, and would be bloody funny if it weren't the bloody part literal.

lizkat

Solstice Seeker
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I LOLed at your comment, which was funny, but the situation is not.

With all the shooting and death going on and nothing stopping it, I think the 2A fanatics have pretty much shown how false and idiotic that “good guy with a gun” argument is.

Yeah they ever been to Chicago w/ that argument on a Friday night or they just go there when having extra guns to unload?

This weekend so far:

And the weekend before:

Pumbaa

Controversial Warthog
Vaccinated
Reaction score
This weekend so far:

…aaaand counting. 38 wounded, 6 dead. Wonder if that’s the final weekend shooting gallery score. Damn gun free zones, amirite?

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
The sad thing is from my side of the pond nobody is shocked by these shootings anymore or surprised when they happen. They are just a filler in the news really and it’s just become one of those expected things that happens in America.

It’s dreadful for the victims and families but the general impression is very few want to change anything about the culture with guns.

Unfortunately as long as you have a country that markets prescription drugs on national tv and promotes the extensive use of painkillers and anti depressants, you are going to have people that snap all too often. Add a culture of proud and paranoid gun ownership and you have a recipe for this sort of thing. I feel very much for my sane American friends living in this situation that they know will never change :(

lizkat

Solstice Seeker
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
The sad thing is from my side of the pond nobody is shocked by these shootings anymore or surprised when they happen. They are just a filler in the news really and it’s just become one of those expected things that happens in America.

It’s dreadful for the victims and families but the general impression is very few want to change anything about the culture with guns.

Unfortunately as long as you have a country that markets prescription drugs on national tv and promotes the extensive use of painkillers and anti depressants, you are going to have people that snap all too often. Add a culture of proud and paranoid gun ownership and you have a recipe for this sort of thing. I feel very much for my sane American friends living in this situation that they know will never change :(

Well it certainly won't change so long as a) it's completely down to politics of money poured into state and federal gun industry lobbying, and b) much more about want than need, so c) not conservative of the 2A at all, just libertarian as all get-out and a recipe for the living hell already being sampled for decades now.

If things were really going to change on the loophole-closing lists of laws that still let slip gun transfers that ought not to happen, than I would have expected (and did expect) that it would have been in short order after the slaughter of 20 children between age of six and seven, plus 6 of their adult teachers and administrators. But alas that was the Sandy Hook (Newton, Connecticut) incident of December 14, 2012, and now it's midsummer of 2021.

Time flies, doesn't it? Unless of course you will not be celebrating the passage of your deceased kindergartener or first grader into high school this year.

Since Sandy Hook, parents and loved ones of far too many other human beings --many just randomly selected, all loved by someone who saw them off at first on that day, one can hope, without imagination of the horror to come-- have been the victims of mass slaughter by gunfire in the USA.

Yet the state legislators and those in the federal Capitol still absorb themselves with donor lists and sidebar conversations about who might be mortally offended and so dry up the campaign season money pits, in the event some existing gun control law might be tweaked just a little in favor of "the right to life."

In total since the shootings at Sandy Hook, there have been at least 2,654 mass shootings in the USA since Sandy Hook, with at least 2,908 killed and 11,088 wounded. And of course there are tens of thousands of untoward deaths by gunfire each year in the USA that are not part of some mass killing, "just" a suicide, murder, or tragically accidental death. Vox has a map and data from 2012 through the summer of 2020. Almost no state is untouched by this ongoing travesty of winking and nodding at the cost of our legal and practical abuse of the right to bear arms in the USA.

theSeb

Head Chief Whip
Vaccinated
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of stories of "Good guy with gun stops bad guy with gun" that don't get reported nationally, and it doesn't happen often enough to change opinions, but I really have to question why it almost never gets reported. It seems not even Fox makes a big deal of these stories. Blocking those stories from the national news seems like a concerted effort, but I don't really don't know who stands to benefit from that effort.

P_X

Captain
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good guy with a gun gunning down gunman who killed an officer gets gunned down by other officer arriving on scene...
I'll say everybody's fucking insane in this one, except for the cop who was killed.

Pumbaa

Controversial Warthog
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Good guy with a gun gunning down gunman who killed an officer gets gunned down by other officer arriving on scene...
I'll say everybody's fucking insane in this one, except for the cop who was killed.
…and the officer gunning down the “good guy with a gun” of course lied about it.

D

Deleted member 199

If only there had been a good dog with a gun there…?

Good guy with a gun you say?
The cops will just shoot him, on the rare occasion he exists.

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Another high-level thinking responsible gun owner.

He almost pulled off the perfect murder. Nobody would suspect the ex-husband would shoot his ex-wife the night before a custody hearing. What a brilliant plan. Nothing says I love my kids quite like killing their mother and landing yourself in prison or a pine box. Nice of him to bring his new girlfriend along too, clearly a relationship he found fulfilling. I'm sure she's a responsible gun owner too with an equally bright future.

Pumbaa

Controversial Warthog
Vaccinated
Reaction score

Now is not the time to talk about gun control. That is still scheduled for never.
Right! Can’t politicize a recent shooting, so now is not the time. And if there are no recent shootings, there surely is no need for gun control.

Not that the latter ever happens, but I’m sure that would be the argument.

Top Bottom