Let’s kidnap Governor Whitmer

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I was just going to post this.

This is getting absolutely insane. I used to think talk of a civil war was somewhat overblown, but when people's anger is inflamed to this degree, I don't know.

I absolutely guaran-fucking-tee you these were right wing militia types and not Antifa.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was just going to post this.

This is getting absolutely insane. I used to think talk of a civil war was somewhat overblown, but when people's anger is inflamed to this degree, I don't know.

I absolutely guaran-fucking-tee you these were right wing militia types and not Antifa.
No doubt in my mind.

I’m just horrified.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I know the right will perceive this as persecution, and that's just too goddam bad, but I think one of the things Biden and Harris should do if elected is beef up the FBI and chase down, try and jail all these right wing radical types. They are starting to resemble a domestic version of al-Qaeda, and its needs to be stopped before it gets any worse (like, having all these groups form cells and alliances). Foreign terrorists don't seem to be nearly as dangerous to us right now as our home grown ones.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know the right will perceive this as persecution, and that's just too goddam bad, but I think one of the things Biden and Harris should do if elected is beef up the FBI and chase down, try and jail all these right wing radical types. They are starting to resemble a domestic version of al-Qaeda, and its needs to be stopped before it gets any worse (like, having all these groups form cells and alliances). Foreign terrorists don't seem to be nearly as dangerous to us right now as our home grown ones.
Agreed. They’ve already labeled most of them as terrorist groups.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
They've been careful not to say (and I don't know why) but this definitely smacks of right wing militia. A friendly reminder from back in April...

FWLHOJSB2ZJQJBSWMSHHYVKAME.jpg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Actually, they do say, according to Alli's linked article.
The arrests are likely to draw additional attention to the political tensions roiling the nation in the closing weeks of the 2020 election season, and underline warnings from law enforcement officials, members of Congress and groups that track extremism about the increasing threat of militia and far-right groups....
At one point during the meeting, the group discussed increasing their members and Fox reached out to a "Michigan base militia group," according to the complaint.
Like we really needed to be told.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
And not to bring everything back to Trump (although the guy’s like a black hole of crazy), but I can’t imagine this is going to do the MAGA crowd image any good.

I’m fine with that.
Haven't you been paying attention whenever anything involves the police?

"THEY don't represent the MAGA crowd. They are a few bad apples with mental issues. It is a shame not enough resources are dedicated towards mental health NOW, and don't you dare discuss firearms!"

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Watching MSNBC just now was very illuminating. They pointed out:
  • The thirteen right wing terrorists that planned to kidnap Whitmer
  • Trump's incendiary tweets that no doubt helped inspire this evil plot
  • Trump's crazy interview with Fox Business
  • His tanking of the stock market
  • His dogged determination to work in the White House despite being contageous
  • His refusal to take part in debate #2
  • His White House and campaign staff falling apart, pretty much operating in panic mode at this point
  • The terrible poll numbers not only for Trump but for Senate Republicans
That's it. I'm convinced. Trump is done. He's not coming back from this. And Republicans may not be either. I'm hearing the words "blue tsunami" used a lot more. This has the makings of a massacre.

For a while I was amazed that we (liberals) seemed to be falling into this streak of good luck where everything Trump tried was going sideways. And yeah, it's luck that he caught the coronavirus now instead of one week after the election.

But for the rest of it, this is all karma coming back at him. If this were a comedy movie, it would be the kind where one bad thing after another befalls the poor hapless shlub who's the main character. In a movie that would be funny, but in real life it's gratifying to see that all this stuff is happening to him because it's the tremendous bad karma he's engendered finally coming back to get him.

Every once in a while, the universe corrects itself.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
i think Gretchen's video about this captured just about every thing she needed to, including being Kamala's VP running mate in 2024*.

* i do need to overcome my intermittent awareness of her distinct upper mid-western accent.
however that's my personal challenge.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And who would have thought, several of the guys arrested were at the capital WITH WEAPONS back during the liberate Michigan thing.
however that's my personal challenge.
Mine too.
Pramila Jayapal
Love her. Along with Katie Porter, they are favorites.

Gretchen Wilmer has behaved incredibly throughout this insanity.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
A terrorist group. Let's call it what it is. White people can be terrorists too!

I’m pretty sure white people lead the scoreboard when it comes to terrorism. We started early and practiced often. It’s all about perception. We didn’t invade the North American continent and subsequently exterminated native population. We ”discovered” America, the beacon of liberty and freedom!

The list goes on...

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure white people lead the scoreboard when it comes to terrorism. We started early and practiced often. It’s all about perception. We didn’t invade the North American continent and subsequently exterminated native population. We ”discovered” America, the beacon of liberty and freedom!

The list goes on...
Why do you hate America? 😉

Top Bottom
1 2