Let’s talk COVID

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A couple of interesting things going on right now. First is that cases have dropped 46% in those areas of SC where masks were mandated. Go figure. https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichol...dates-compared-to-areas-without/#162159957123

And of course there’s the whole “children are almost immune” so let’s reopen schools. How ‘bout not. https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/15/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html Opening schools with cases still on the rise is one of the dumbest moves that could be made.

Evelyn

Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A couple of interesting things going on right now. First is that cases have dropped 46% in those areas of SC where masks were mandated. Go figure. https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichol...dates-compared-to-areas-without/#162159957123

And of course there’s the whole “children are almost immune” so let’s reopen schools. How ‘bout not. https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/15/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html Opening schools with cases still on the rise is one of the dumbest moves that could be made.
Dr Fauci and the CDC were clear that wearing masks would slow the spread but there are so many people who still refuse, especially in the rural areas. America is the land of entitlement and I think the only way we'll get a handle on this thing is with a vaccine and enough people who will take it.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

DeSantis is a dangerous joke. His head is so far up Trump’s ass he doesn’t NEED a mask!

Seems like an offensive thing to say to the actual Navy Seals that risked their life to take out Osama Bin Laden. Do we really want to put our teachers in a dangerous situation anyway?

Extremely offensive to both. But that is why I retired!

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
We’re not letting enough of them out. Masks have to be used in conjunction with safe social distancing.
you know if democrats practiced what they preached things could be different.
seems the virus only cares about church & stadiums, it's NOT present at democrat funerals or protest.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
you know if democrats practiced what they preached things could be different.
seems the virus only cares about church & stadiums, it's NOT present at democrat funerals or protest.

At least masks are being worn in those cases. They aren’t wearing masks in prisons - I even read a story where masks were being confiscated from inmates. They don’t wear masks at rallies.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Duplicity - or double standards - is not a reason to refuse to wear a mask.

My own personal view is that in any public gathering - masks (which I freely admit are unpleasant, exceedingly uncomfortable to wear and cause my glasses to steam up - these days, I find I have to wear lanyards as well, or my glasses may fall off while masked) - church, meeting, gathering, public protest, shopping, on public transport, and indeed, while getting something such as a hair cut, or while out shopping, - masks are required and wearing them may need to be mandated.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Duplicity - or double standards - is not a reason to refuse to wear a mask.

My own personal view is that in any public gathering - masks (which I freely admit are unpleasant, exceedingly uncomfortable to wear and cause my glasses to steam up - these days, I find I have to wear lanyards as well, or my glasses may fall off while masked) - church, meeting, gathering, public protest, shopping, on public transport, and indeed, while getting something such as a hair cut, or while out shopping, - masks are required and wearing them may need to be mandated.
it is to plenty of people, "rules for me but not for thee"............
there are millions wondering if the "cure" has been far worse than the disease
if you shut down my business & put me on unemployment for my "safety" while at the same time stating that massive protest are not the reason the infected are spiking up then many will say BULLSHIT to it.

I wear a mask, I social distance but I also see why many are fed up with the blatant lies.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I’m not as convinced that it’s blatant lies as blatant confusion.

And - in the US - a culture, or cult of individualism, whereby the rights, or concerns, or perspective, of individuals is elevated (sometimes) at the expense of (legitimate health concerns pertaining to) the public good.

Of course, public messaging could be better in the US.

By way of instructive contrast, take a look at the clear public messaging (and advice, and instructions) conveyed by, and carried out by countries such as New Zealand, or Germany.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
do as I say, not as I do, where are the mask & social distancing?
why can't you vote in person?
118156474_10223326313326836_332133352620586793_n.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2