Let's see your home office

U

User.45

I confuse easily so organization is essential. 😞 OneNote is my life‘s blood. Everything is structured in tabs and searchable.

The backlighting is from two Signe lamps. I love Phillips Hue and use them in almost every room.

View attachment 906

At this point almost all of my light bulbs are hues. I like it a lot. I've been eyeballing the standing lights, but my little one just got in a phase when she obliterates everything at and below eyesight. So it'll wait 2 more years, and I'll spend the money on daycare instead. Lol.

I always wondered though, do the 3 screens work for you? I ended up having my MacBook Air sidecar'd by my 12" iPad Pro to be the most productive setup. Though I run scripts on a 2nd and 3rd computer via SSH.

U

User.45

Big Hue guy myself and have a color strip under my bar (because I'm classy) but I recently discovered this line.

I started using them for the main lights on my animal enclosures and a big bonus feature for me (other than being less expensive) is they run off of bluetooth as well as wifi. So if you are having wifi or router issues it's not a problem. Just bluetooth from the app.
Are these compatible with HomeKit and/or the Hue Hub?

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
At this point almost all of my light bulbs are hues. I like it a lot. I've been eyeballing the standing lights, but my little one just got in a phase when she obliterates everything at and below eyesight. So it'll wait 2 more years, and I'll spend the money on daycare instead. Lol.

I always wondered though, do the 3 screens work for you? I ended up having my MacBook Air sidecar'd by my 12" iPad Pro to be the most productive setup. Though I run scripts on a 2nd and 3rd computer via SSH.

How old is your daughter? She seems adorable and you seem like a terrific father.

The three monitors work nicely.

The two small ones are 27 inch and broke into three and two screens. Both dedicated to certain apps and tasks...mostly monitoring and sharing.

The widescreen LG is typically partitioned into three monitors but have used it as six and eight. Three works best as > 3 has some funky appearance...not distortion but just something my eyes don’t like (and rarely needed).

Another downside of the widescreen is desktop sharing isn’t friendly. I share from one of the smaller monitors in fullscreen mode.

I have offices in St Paul and Woodbury but only spend a few hours in them a month. So I‘m home with this beast...

D59813BC-DE49-41A2-B01E-890D21F49077.jpeg
366C885D-BF34-41E2-8323-43C4ABDDF153.jpeg

The first glass chair mat had a flaw. 😭 I ordered a replacement and an extra just in case. No issues with the replacement. The extra is under a bed in one of the guest rooms. This was a pita to clean up.

B9988318-6366-417B-AC7A-39105B20677D.jpeg

U

User.45

How old is your daughter? She seems adorable and you seem like a terrific father.

The three monitors work nicely.

The two small ones are 27 inch and broke into three and two screens. Both dedicated to certain apps and tasks...mostly monitoring and sharing.

The widescreen LG is typically partitioned into three monitors but have used it as six and eight. Three works best as > 3 has some funky appearance...not distortion but just something my eyes don’t like (and rarely needed).

Another downside of the widescreen is desktop sharing isn’t friendly. I share from one of the smaller monitors in fullscreen mode.

I have offices in St Paul and Woodbury but only spend a few hours in them a month. So I‘m home with this beast...

View attachment 914View attachment 915

The first glass chair mat had a flaw. 😭 I ordered a replacement and an extra just in case. No issues with the replacement. The extra is under a bed in one of the guest rooms. This was a pita to clean up.

View attachment 916
I have 2 girls...Little "Shiva" destroyer of LEGO worlds just turned one.... Unlike my experience in childhood according to which, girls are the well-composed, well-behaved ones, I married a wild-child and our girls are absolutely rambunctious. They'd absolutely love your puppy and try to snuggle him/her to death as they do with out puppy to add to the chaos. For example, with this shattered glass I'd have to keep away little Shiva with my left hand while the dog would nonchalantly sit on top of the shards, and my older one would scream that she wants milk!

Your screen settings are crazy:D Our Citrix based medical record system runs really poorly on high res, so I keep it ≤1080p for that. It's funny that my desk went from 3-4 macs + an iPAD to 1 mac +1 iPAD over the months. Do you use logitech's multiscreen solution for the mouse? I found it ridiculously practical.

BTW it seems I'm job hunting in your neck of the wood. I might hit you up regarding lifestyle questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
I have 2 girls...Little "Shiva" destroyer of LEGO worlds just turned one.... Unlike my experience in childhood according to which, girls are the well-composed, well-behaved ones, I married a wild-child and our girls are absolutely rambunctious. They'd absolutely love your puppy and try to snuggle him/her to death as they do with out puppy to add to the chaos. For example, with this shattered glass I'd have to keep away little Shiva with my left hand while the dog would nonchalantly sit on top of the shards, and my older one would scream that she wan't milk!

Your screen settings are crazy:D Our Citrix based medical record system runs really poorly on high res, so I keep it ≤1080 for that. It's funny that my desk went from 3-4 macs + an iPAD to 1 mac +1 iPAD over the months. Do you use logitech's multiscreen solution for the mouse? I found it ridiculously practical.

BTW it seems I'm job hunting in your neck of the wood. I might hit you up regarding lifestyle questions.

Destroyer of LEGO worlds....lol! I wish your family was my neighbor so I could watch this fun!

I used a Logitech set up to switch between windows and the iPad and iPhone (loved it) but I wasn’t satisfied with the keyboard. I shopped around and settled with CODE V3 104-Key Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Green. Have you used CODE mechanical keyboards? I have a brand new never used 104 key in cherry brown in its box next to my desk. It needs a home.

Also, I don’t know how I can help you but I certainly will do my best. We moved to certain cities to take advantage of their outstanding school districts. Whatever I can do to help you please let me know...and I hope that you do.

Cheers!

I‘m going to try finding the mouse you recommended...but if you see this message could you give more species please?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Here's the main office space - in Flaming Sword Red - at The World HQ ...

IMG_7254_1200.jpeg

IMG_7256_1200.jpeg

My desk, it's a VIVO sit/standing convertible, you source your own desktop, currently using an Ikea 59"x29.5, it's great because you can change the look and inexpensively swap tops when it gets beat up.

On the desk:

2018 Mini (i7, 32GB, 512GB storage)
Dell 25" U2518Ds
1TB TB3 external (to the left)
Das Pro 4 mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Classic MM
iPad Pro 12.9, with a USB-C hub for charging + USB out to the DAC (see below)
Schiit external DAC with a Schiit Vali 2 tube amp (Electro Harmonix 6922 balanced)
Visible headphones (shelf has some Sennheiser HD 6XX) are Beyerdynamic Studio Pros, speaker are Edifier near fields

Other misc and pointless info:

The office mini fridge full of glorious beer (I post inventory pics on occasion :D)

Shelf also has a teac P650 CD player, has a really killer DAC, so it's going straight to the amp - all sorts of other stuff on that shelf, wireless laser, some binoculars, CDs, etc.

Wife's desk is to the right in the long shot (taken from the bar/living room, in Royal Pacific Blue)

Both chairs are upgraded with some Orbis wheels, they're like inline skate wheels with high quality bearing, they fly across the hard wood :D

Office #2 is upstairs, pic later ... or never :LOL:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

View attachment 993

View attachment 994

My desk, it's a VIVO sit/standing convertible, you source your own desktop, currently using an Ikea 59"x29.5, it's great because you can change the look and inexpensively swap tops when it gets beat up.

On the desk:

Dell 25" U2518Ds
Classic MM
Schiit external DAC with a Schiit Vali 2 tube amp (Electro Harmonix 6922 balanced)
Visible headphones (shelf has some Sennheiser HD 6XX) are Beyerdynamic Studio Pros, speaker are Edifier near fields

The office mini fridge full of glorious beer (I post inventory pics on occasion :D)

Shelf also has a teac P650 CD player, has a really killer DAC, so it's going straight to the amp - all sorts of other stuff on that shelf, wireless laser, some binoculars, CDs, etc.

Wife's desk is to the right in the long shot (taken from the bar/living room, in Royal Pacific Blue)

Both chairs are upgraded with some Orbis wheels, they're like inline skate wheels with high quality bearing, they fly across the hard wood :D

Nice, I like how we're not showing on our screens. For example mine typically has PowerShell up with a bunch of red text on it, which my fellow peers used to give me shit about all the time when we were in the office.

U

User.45

PCM1791A Burr Brown, not bad!

I use an Apollo Twin Solo and a set of Mackie HR5 near-field studio monitors. And recently got a tube phono Amp from amazon for my records. It's the sweetest cheapest audiophile setup ever.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Nice, I like how we're not showing on our screens. For example mine typically has PowerShell up with a bunch of red text on it, which my fellow peers used to give me shit about all the time when we were in the office.

Ha! Yeah, that's my SOP, I have a few things I do that are secured/secret (like actually classified), and just some general personal info that sometimes comes up in a browser tab, etc. I generally have about 30 things open, multiple OSs, different browsers, code, docs, etc.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
PCM1791A Burr Brown, not bad!

I use an Apollo Twin Solo and a set of Mackie HR5 near-field studio monitors. And recently got a tube phono Amp from amazon for my records. It's the sweetest cheapest audiophile setup ever.

Yeah, it's solid, though I may eventually run optical over to the Modi 3 DAC. The Schiit products are pretty spectacular, really kill the price-to-performance ratio, beautiful design and build right on the west coast. I really dig on running audio from the iPad Pro through the DAC/Amp as my designated A/V device (music, podcasts, video). The little hub is pretty slick, for like $20 it has a USB 2.1 a USB 3.1, an HDMI out, and a USB-C power in (so you can do power and output at the same time, including a display).

Cool bonus: it also works as a small, super portable "dock" for a Nintendo Switch (you just have to feed it with a 45w USB-C charger to trigger external display mode).

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score

View attachment 993

View attachment 994

On the desk:

Dell 25" U2518Ds
Classic MM

This is awesome. I like the red!

Top Bottom
1 2