Levar Burton is a genius

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I enjoyed this video clip discussing Dr. Seuss in which Levar Burton totally nailed what “cancel culture” truly is:

Consequence Culture

I think I will be using that term going forward in any discussions of the topic as well.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
More ppl that aren’t being cancelled whine about being cancelled:

1619557862764.png

U

User.45

More ppl that aren’t being cancelled whine about being cancelled:

View attachment 4781
Honestly, this is so fucking shady. Like isn't he supposed to be too busy to write a book?! If he wrote it and did his "research" during his tenure in the Senate, isn't it a sort of a COI to publish and personally profit from something he did on taxpayer money?! Seriously...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Honestly, this is so fucking shady. Like isn't he supposed to be too busy to write a book?! If he wrote it and did his "research" during his tenure in the Senate, isn't it a sort of a COI to publish and personally profit from something he did on taxpayer money?! Seriously...
When somebody else is writing the book for you, it doesn’t matter how busy you are. :p

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Absolutely, but it still boils down to privatized profit off taxpayer funded research...assuming there is real research involved....which isn't necessarily true, LOL.

GOP research now consists entirely of finding an unemployed blue-collar worker and asking their opinion on any subject. If they use their opinion they then qualify as an expert free to be interviewed as such on any right-wing media news outlet.

U

User.45

GOP research now consists entirely of finding an unemployed blue-collar worker and asking their opinion on any subject. If they use their opinion they then qualify as an expert free to be interviewed as such on any right-wing media news outlet.
No matter how sarcastic you are about this, this really happened at Fox re COVID early on.... They picked up rando "experts" off Twitter. (see Todaro)

Top Bottom