Liberals need not apply

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Remind me who are the largest antivaxxer group and who voted for trump twice? Who goes to schools to protest crt and mask wearing and gays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Vaccinated
Reaction score
1637590292311.jpeg

:ROFLMAO:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If this sign said the same about Conservatives I would have the same reaction, like FB, I just can't stand to see hyperpartisans on either side and work is one place where politics and religion need to be left at the door.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Isn't it hard enough to hire right now? Since this country is basically split down the middle politically you're effectively ruling out 50% of your potential options when choosing a side.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/qz8356
Hmm, prejudice, close minded, ignorant, hypocritical, regressive, selfish and intolerant, probably racist and pseudo-Christian too, all the signs of high Koolaid consumption, par for the course In Right Wingville.

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I wonder if they realize they are probably losing business from liberals (and maybe even others) who see the sign and don't want to do business with people who think that way. As Michael Jordan quipped, "Republicans buy sneakers, too."

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if they realize they are probably losing business from liberals (and maybe even others) who see the sign and don't want to do business with people who think that way. As Michael Jordan quipped, "Republicans buy sneakers, too."
They have allowed their partisanship to Trump their good business sense. The idea of keeping your business a-political at least as far as the public is concerned is a vital,part of a sound business plan.

rdrr

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I wonder what the business is? Probably someone's idea of being funny and would actually hire anyone.

I have to work with a few MAGAs and let me tell you that negotiating polite conversation is tricky. They love nothing more than to make fun of the libs and try to goad me into stupid arguments. That last one that I got engaged in was the Oxford study that was twisted for some right wing "news" outlet to state that people who were fully vaccinated carry more virus load in their noses than unvaccinated. Not the intent of the study, and I couldn't convince the knuckle-dragger even by linking him the original study and press release by Oxford that stated "we regret that our study had been misrepresented."

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I wonder what the business is?
I like how people believe that this sign, which anyone could print to get some thousand Reddit karma, is true. It’s a printed piece of paper on an unclear background. Could be some college type joke. Could be some karma farming. As it could be 100% legit. I honestly tend to not believe this crap on Reddit.

If this was a true sign:
1) no business from me
2) I wouldn’t work there.

EDIT: I partially quoted the post above because to me that’s the relevant part to make my generic statement and it’s not meant to imply the capture the entirety of the thought process of the poster I quoted.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I like how people believe that this sign, which anyone could print to get some thousand Reddit karma, is true. It’s a printed piece of paper on an unclear background. Could be some college type joke. Could be some karma farming. As it could be 100% legit. I honestly tend to not believe this crap on Reddit.

If this was a true sign:
1) no business from me
There is a ton on Reddit that is subjective like this, if I wanted to post my pic with a 30 day clean and sober chip I would get thousands of likes, even though I got plastered the night before lol. We have to take these things with a grain of salt.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Vaccinated
Reaction score
There is a ton on Reddit that is subjective like this, if I wanted to post my pic with a 30 day clean and sober chip I would get thousands of likes, even though I got plastered the night before lol. We have to take these things with a grain of salt.
I investigated further. It seems that a CEO of some company published it on his twitter account. So it might’ve been some sort of “political” statement, so there some
legitimacy there. Totally idiotic if you ask me and again, I wouldn’t work there. As for context, it’s an old post, so it doesn’t really apply to the current job market situation.

Edit: this other post is from 5+ years ago. So it’s a sort of physical meme. https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/5dp59f

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

If this was a true sign:
1) no business from me

There's a small family owned fast food joint in my hometown with "Lets go Brandon" on their outside street sign. I mean, they're not straight up saying "don't apply here if you're liberal" or "don't eat here if you're liberal" but it lets you know where they stand on the issues. To me, I think it's childish/cultish and I won't eat there anymore when I visit back home. I'm not the type to boycott places or go out of my way to find out the political stances of everyone I do business with. I don't have the time nor do I care if you provide a good service. But when you plaster it for everyone to see then that is when I'll do a double take and make a decision if I want to do business there or not. I used to go to this place all the time for their fried liver and gizzards when I visited my podunk redneck hometown. Not anymore.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Vaccinated
Reaction score
There's a small family owned fast food joint in my hometown with "Lets go Brandon" on their outside street sign. I mean, they're not straight up saying "don't apply here if you're liberal" or "don't eat here if you're liberal" but it lets you know where they stand on the issues. To me, I think it's childish/cultish and I won't eat there anymore when I visit back home. I'm not the type to boycott places or go out of my way to find out the political stances of everyone I do business with. I don't have the time nor do I care if you provide a good service. But when you plaster it for everyone to see then that is when I'll do a double take and make a decision if I want to do business there or not. I used to go to this place all the time for their fried liver and gizzards when I visited my podunk redneck hometown. Not anymore.
You’re preaching to the choir! I realize I am out of fashion, but when I do business I mainly care about the product and service and I do not care about the political stance of the company owners/board. I always say that a coffee won’t make me a gay anti-Christmas liberal exactly as a chicken sandwich won’t make me a gun toting Jesus loving right winger. I just want a coffee and a chicken sandwich. And honestly, I don’t feel any moral obligation to the money I give them after I gave them. They can spend their money on WWF or AMBLI; it’s on them, not me.

But you’re right on one thing. Sometimes some companies make their political/social beliefs a primary element for their pitch. I guess that most people don’t realize that when they pay for some items they’re paying a company and not saving the world (yes, it taps into the current narcissistic “I am saving the world through purchase and social media sharing”, but God forbid doing any actual work). In that case, I often feel tempted to go somewhere else. Not a boycott per se, I just don’t want politics pushed down into my throat.

lizkat

Deep deep blue
Vaccinated
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I just don’t want politics pushed down into my throat.

About ten or fifteen years ago, the guy who used to do my lawn care pruned his customer list in a noticeable way: there weren't many lefties around here and he pruned all five of us off his local rounds.

We were all laughing because it was so obvious, but also sort of puzzling. Who cares if the customer whose lawn you mow for money once every 10 days in summer is a leftie or rightie? (And around here, most of the righties mow their own anyway because they're farmers).

Anyway it was good for a few evenings of "guess the motive" around the lefties' campfires...

No take money from likely Democrats or Greens?​
No take money from former urban yuppies?​
No take money from people who should have enough money to buy their own lawn mowers?​
But talk about cutting off nose to spite face, gee. His whole biz was about mowing lawns. I think he ended up with like four customers left in this area.

One of our "gang of five" that were aced off that contractor's customer list finally suggested that the contractor had merely read some newspaper column of tips on how to run a small biz -- one of those pieces where it might suggest going through your customer list once a year to lop off all the ones that are high maintenance for customer service, or slow to pay or otherwise obnoxious. So he hit on the idea to get rid of all the known or suspected Democrats? 🙄

Top Bottom