Lindsey Graham confuses conviction evidence with Pandora’s Box

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
"We've already put our corruption on the record by attempting to block the trial. There's no point in demonstrating how corrupt we are. We already admitted it. Making us feel extremely guilty about it is very divisive."

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
"We've already put our corruption on the record by attempting to block the trial. There's no point in demonstrating how corrupt we are. We already admitted it. Making us feel extremely guilty about it is very divisive."​

Yeah they haven't worn out the "divisive" card yet...

From a Reuters piece, quote by one of Trump's two new lawyers in a Fox interview, after he stipulated he believed the process was unconstitutional, and then added, apparently on autopilot.

“I think it’s also the most ill-advised legislative action that I’ve seen in my lifetime,” Schoen said. “It is tearing the country apart at a time when we don’t need anything like that.”​
Of course since it was a Fox interview, no one then offered up that Trump has set about tearing the country apart since he threw his hat in the ring in 2015.

It's not that "we don't need anything like that". It's that we're fresh outta new ways to get divided and all that's left is piling on, which he made us all pretty good at, once he ran that play called "go on down to the Capitol and fight for our country and I'll be right there with ya in a minute".

Even Trump's most vocal and practiced political opponents from these past five years must have felt a brief pang of pity for those morons as they took off to do his bidding and try to topple his own line of succession and a sitting Congress... until.... until it became clear that it was organized and his speech to them was just vamping, vamping, vamping until everyone was in place so he could give the high sign and then step back in his little space-heated pavilion with the big screen TVs and a catered bar to watch the last chapter of his reality show.

I don't see how the Republican Party is going to be able to survive this under that banner once they snap out of it and behold what the hell they've been doing while trying to ride the tiger that now wants to eat them for Trump having let his own base down.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1356610655772631042/

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah they haven't worn out the "divisive" card yet...

From a Reuters piece, quote by one of Trump's two new lawyers in a Fox interview, after he stipulated he believed the process was unconstitutional, and then added, apparently on autopilot.

“I think it’s also the most ill-advised legislative action that I’ve seen in my lifetime,” Schoen said. “It is tearing the country apart at a time when we don’t need anything like that.”​
Of course since it was a Fox interview, no one then offered up that Trump has set about tearing the country apart since he threw his hat in the ring in 2015.

It's not that "we don't need anything like that". It's that we're fresh outta new ways to get divided and all that's left is piling on, which he made us all pretty good at, once he ran that play called "go on down to the Capitol and fight for our country and I'll be right there with ya in a minute".

Even Trump's most vocal and practiced political opponents from these past five years must have felt a brief pang of pity for those morons as they took off to do his bidding and try to topple his own line of succession and a sitting Congress... until.... until it became clear that it was organized and his speech to them was just vamping, vamping, vamping until everyone was in place so he could give the high sign and then step back in his little space-heated pavilion with the big screen TVs and a catered bar to watch the last chapter of his reality show.

I don't see how the Republican Party is going to be able to survive this under that banner once they snap out of it and behold what the hell they've been doing while trying to ride the tiger that now wants to eat them for Trump having let his own base down.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1356610655772631042/

But don’t you remember right after 9/11 when the government said “We won’t be responding to these attacks because it would be very divisive in our relationships in the Middle East. If anything, these attacks should only heal and unify our relationship.”?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
But don’t you remember right after 9/11 when the government said “We won’t be responding to these attacks because it would be very divisive in our relationships in the Middle East. If anything, these attacks should only heal and unify our relationship.”?

Yeah. And Marjorie Taylor Greene is still walking around in the House and saying stuff like there was no plane that hit the Pentagon that day.

That she's even there now is a searing indictment of McCarthy and the whole Trump wing of the party in that chamber.

Meanwhile at the RNC, Ronna McDaniel threads a needle and renounces violence while supporting Trump to keep her chair post with a Trump lacky breathing down her neck as the deputy chair.

And Mitch... counting votes to see if he can somehow get to 16 and throw his own in there to convict Trump and bar him from office.

And if he did that would Manchin or Sinema go the other way or are they actually Democrats when it comes to judging Trump v rule of law?

This is so messed up I'm not even interested in getting the popcorn out.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
… Republicans are prepared to play ball by calling the FBI to testify about security failures at the U.S. Capitol. "If you open up that can of worms [by calling witnesses], we'll want the FBI to come in and tell us about how people actually pre-planned these attacks and what happened with the security footprint at the Capitol," Graham said.

Yeah, well, uh. Who was in charge of the FBI, Capitol Police and DCNG at the time? Miss Lindsey is saying, “We will call up vipers that will bite us in the ass!” Although, maybe he is into that.

U

User.45

Yeah, well, uh. Who was in charge of the FBI, Capitol Police and DCNG at the time? Miss Lindsey is saying, “We will call up vipers that will bite us in the ass!” Although, maybe he is into that.
I think the headline took Graham's statement out of the context. I think what he said is worse: congress shouldn't "waste" time on learning WTF went down on Jan 6th. 'xcuse me?! Also, you need no more to see how bad the GOP's situation is than listening to the "Trump is innocent because the attack was pre-planned" reasoning. Like he didn't tell his bois to stand back and stand by and weren't onto this for months and months.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the headline took Graham's statement out of the context. I think what he said is worse: congress shouldn't "waste" time on learning WTF went down on Jan 6th. 'xcuse me?! Also, you need no more to see how bad the GOP's situation is than listening to the "Trump is innocent because the attack was pre-planned" reasoning. Like he didn't tell his bois to stand back and stand by and weren't onto this for months and months.

To be fair, it's blatantly obvious just on the surface what went down. Republicans just don't give a shit. If they can turn a blind eye to that, it pretty much is a waste of time thinking they are going to care about anything deeper.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
You don’t have Mitch in charge this time, blocking witnesses. So you will all have to listen to them. Nobody protecting your conscience by allowing you to ignore the evidence.

Using a complicated formula the Republicans determined a trial that lasts more than 5 minutes will make their predetermined no vote look extremely corrupt and incompetent.

I’m now wondering if their vote to block the trial was a test to see which way the wind of public opinion was blowing. Their wall of nopes doesn’t seem as certain now.

And you always have to allow for the possibility that Trump will be his and the Republicans’ worst enemy if he tries to double down on his stolen election defense. If this was a murder trial he’d show up to court with the missing gun and insist it is his and that they allow it into evidence.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Lindsey Graham’s body double spotted giving a speech about the impeachment at a local mall. “I have audio recordings of VP Harris suggesting people help with bail for BLM rioters. Totally the same thing. Just imagine how she would abuse pardoning powers!”

03315200-B7BF-4990-8528-F40020C66AB8.jpeg

Hey Lindsey, why don’t we play the audio recordings of you whining like a scared bitch during and right after the capitol riots.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
On a sort of related note, House morons object to a proposal to remove Marjorie Wharrgarbl from committee assignments and wrote in Ilhan Omar's name instead. Because, she said things some while back that made them feel sad (and maybe a little made).

Don’t forget being critical of the Israeli government means you want to reopen the concentration camps and fire up the crematoriums. In the US you can shit all over any state you please but don’t you dare criticize Israel.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Lindsey Graham’s body double spotted giving a speech about the impeachment at a local mall. “I have audio recordings of VP Harris suggesting people help with bail for BLM rioters. Totally the same thing. Just imagine how she would abuse pardoning powers!”

View attachment 3294

Hey Lindsey, why don’t we play the audio recordings of you whining like a scared bitch during and right after the capitol riots.
Arousing. This is arousing right? We’re all on the same page, I think. This photo is pure sex.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Graham is obsessed with this Pandora’s box idea. Now he’s suggesting Kamala Harris could be impeached.

“And if you use this model, I don’t know how Kamala Harris doesn’t get impeached if the Republicans take over the House,” Graham said, New York Post reports. “Because she actually bailed out rioters, and one of the rioters went back to the streets and broke somebody’s head open. So we’ve opened Pandora’s box here, and I’m sad for the country.”

Man! John McCain really was the only one mooring him to reality, wasn’t he?

U

User.45

I don't know it's either the NYP or Graham, but this piece inadvertently highlights much of the bullshit of both:

A Fox News report found that among the people bailed out by the MFF were a suspect who shot at police, a twice-convicted sex offender, and a woman accused of killing a friend.

It wasn’t clear who allegedly “broke somebody’s head open,” however.
“The president is a handful and what happened [at the Capitol] on 6 January was terrible for the country. But he’s not singularly to blame. Democrats have sat on the sidelines and watched the country being burned down for a year and a half and not said a damn word, and most Republicans are tired of the hypocrisy,” Graham said.

If they impeached Harris, they'd officially admit that they have a problem with Trump's behavior and they've only acquitted him because or party over principle:D

1613412975816.png

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Graham is obsessed with this Pandora’s box idea. Now he’s suggesting Kamala Harris could be impeached.

Man! John McCain really was the only one mooring him to reality, wasn’t he?

I think we need to give Congress an annual two week period where they can debate the case of Whataboutism vs. Whataboutism and then the rest of the year they need to STFU about any such logic/lack thereof.

Top Bottom
1 2