Lindsey Graham to Ga. Sec. of State "find a way to toss legal ballots"

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Republicans continue to make every last ditch effort possible to allow Trump to find a path to delegitimizing legal elections, this time with Lindsey Graham overtly asking Ga. Sec. of State to find a way to toss legal ballots.

More from Raw Story
“I think he thinks the Republicans aren’t being very smart here,” Gardner said. “The argument for all of this wrath coming down on his head and also just sort of the rhetoric that impugns the election officials arguably is to help [Republican senators from Georgia] Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue who have the runoff election on Jan. 5 because everybody knows Donald Trump is still talking about fraud even though there’s been no evidence to suggest that any one of these close states that decided the outcome had any widespread fraud on a measurable level.”

graham_mad.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Republicans continue to make every last ditch effort possible to allow Trump to find a path to delegitimizing legal elections, this time with Lindsey Graham overtly asking Ga. Sec. of State to find a way to toss legal ballots.

More from Raw Story

View attachment 1428

Right.

I can just see this very talking point advanced as an argument in some of the countries where I observe elections, when I query returns or counts, or totals, or outcomes. "We were told (instructed) to find a way to toss the legal ballots (for the incumbent's opponent)."

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I suspect that this may yet happen.

The Democrats are going to be in a tough position on stuff like this whenever a transition finally occurs and Biden has been inaugurated. There's probably going to be intense desire to just leave the nightmares behind and get on with trying to relaunch a recognizably norms-abiding and rule-of-law-observing America after this horror show.... but the sheer magnitude of the Rs' having become scofflaws (or at least endorsed scofflaw behavior) calls for addressing it by other than just tsk-tsking in op-ed columns. Graham's Georgia remarks surely seemed like incitement to break laws. The Senate should censure him but a Senate led by McConnell won't do that.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I suspect that this may yet happen.
From your lips to God’s ears.

However, Biden has already expressed a disinclination to prosecute in the interest of unity. Me, I think unity is a pipe dream, so just go ahead. Trump’s transgressions can’t go unpunished.

On the positive side he has said he’ll let his AG make the decision on it. Of course, Biden picks the AG.

Best plan I’ve heard yet is to have the AG appoint a special prosecutor.

Top Bottom
1 2