Local restaurant posts sign forbidding masks & social distancing

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is close by and makes me embarrassed to be anywhere in this area. This county has seen a 172% rise in COVID cases over the last 14 days and this is the sign on the front door.

KXmzIkt.jpg

Reviews on Yelp say they won't allow masks or social distancing inside at all, in fact they're shaming those waiting outside with one on. The state tried to jump in and they refused to let them in and the local Sheriffs just stood by and refused to back the state up. So they remain open for business and are packed with people.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is close by and makes me embarrassed to be anywhere in this area. This county has seen a 172% rise in COVID cases over the last 14 days and this is the sign on the front door.

View attachment 1597

Reviews on Yelp say they won't allow masks or social distancing inside at all, in fact they're shaming those waiting outside with one on. The state tried to jump in and they refused to let them in and the local Sheriffs just stood by and refused to back the state up. So they remain open for business and are packed with people.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 1597

This is CA, right? Which part?

lowersierra

Reaction score
Got it. Up the road from Placerville on Hwy. 50. The parking lot is always full. Right now is Christmas Tree season, with lots of people coming up from Sacramento and the surrounding areas to cut down their trees. Many will probably stop at the Apple Bistro for a meal, taking the virus down to the Valley with them. Get ready for round 3.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Got it. Up the road from Placerville on Hwy. 50. The parking lot is always full. Right now is Christmas Tree season, with lots of people coming up from Sacramento and the surrounding areas to cut down their trees. Many will probably stop at the Apple Bistro for a meal, taking the virus down to the Valley with them. Get ready for round 3.
This is a realistic fear. At least this is getting some notoriety, they posted about in on the Cornavirus CA page on Reddit also, law enforcement refuses to do anything so maybe we can get enough traction online to put the spotlight on them.

U

User.45

This is a realistic fear. At least this is getting some notoriety, they posted about in on the Cornavirus CA page on Reddit also, law enforcement refuses to do anything so maybe we can get enough traction online to put the spotlight on them.
Interesting. I'm not sure how restaurant codes are in Cali, but the best way to deal with these places is to revoke their liquor license first, then cite them on food safety violations. These days, contracting COVID in a restaurant is a bigger concern than E.Coli O157:H7.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Interesting. I'm not sure how restaurant codes are in Cali, but the best way to deal with these places is to revoke their liquor license first, then cite them on food safety violations. These days, contracting COVID in a restaurant is a bigger concern than E.Coli O157:H7.
They likely don't serve alcohol as it's just a typical diner style restaurant, the state did go out there to address it but the owners would not let them in and law enforcement refused to assist. They will not comply with state orders and nobody can stop them, welcome to rural California.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That's really bizarre that they are allowed to remain open and operating..... openly flaunting the law and no federal or state agents doing anything about this!

The police will not enforce anything to do with sate orders.
The restaurant was slapped with orders taking away county health permit. They were ordered to comply with COVID-19 restrictions or close, and still, they stayed open.

“You guys will have to kill us first before we roll over,” says one of the owners. “That’s how firmly we stand, we will take you guys to court personally.”
So they remain open while sticking their middle finger out and the police has their back. This, from the same people who always demand "law and order".

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Where are all the people with signs who are willing to boycott little things? They should be out there trying to get this place shut down.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

View attachment 1597

But on the positive side, at least they do accept ApplePay.

(BTW, that’s one messed up website. Kept on crashing on me unless I went into reader mode.)

So seriously—you’ve got a court order, you’ve got the cops there...how do you not close the place down? Why didn’t they just go in there, arrest the owners and lock it down?

I’m surmising this was to avoid a confrontation. I mean, if they’re this crazy, they just may have weapons in there. Don’t wanna turn this into a barricade situation or a shootout.

On the other hand, there are things you can do. Cut the power and turn off the water. Post officers in front of the place to shoo away customers.

And if the cops won’t do it, you can pressure the local or state authorities to suspend or fire those particular cops until you find ones who will...oh, you know, enforce the law.

U

User.45

But on the positive side, at least they do accept ApplePay.

(BTW, that’s one messed up website. Kept on crashing on me unless I went into reader mode.)

So seriously—you’ve got a court order, you’ve got the cops there...how do you not close the place down? Why didn’t they just go in there, arrest the owners and lock it down?

I’m surmising this was to avoid a confrontation. I mean, if they’re this crazy, they just may have weapons in there. Don’t wanna turn this into a barricade situation or a shootout.

On the other hand, there are things you can do. Cut the power and turn off the water. Post officers in front of the place to shoo away customers.

And if the cops won’t do it, you can pressure the local or state authorities to suspend or fire those particular cops until you find ones who will...oh, you know, enforce the law.
Yup. Cutting utilities doesn't require the authorities.

U

User.45

Newsom has done it to party houses, I don't see how this is any different. The guy who took that photo said it was packed wall to wall inside without any masks.
Honestly, this is where I think Libertarians are chickens: cool, these people do whatever they want, but they should pay for their care out of pocket. They should also pay for the care of people who can provide good enough proof they were infected by these people...

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You should see some of the reviews on their FB page, they love their right wing talking points. I also left them a shitty review on Yelp, it's the best way to get your voice heard.

Top Bottom
1 2