Loki (2021 Disney +)

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Loki (2021)- Disney+ Does anyone like this? I’m 3 episodes in and confused.
  • The idea of a varient- how do you know you are doing something wrong (to create a branch in the time line)? How can you be punished for this?
  • How can Loki taking the Tesseract in 2012, be any worse than the Avengers traveling through time to grab Infinity Stones? And what about Thanos, why was the TVA not all over him?
The way they explain it at one point is that some things are “supposed” to happen and some aren’t. Avengers = yes, Loki = no. I’m caught up on episodes so there’s a bit more to discuss but I don’t want to spoil stuff for you.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

• The idea of a varient- how do you know you are doing something wrong (to create a branch in the time line)? How can you be punished for this?
  • How can Loki taking the Tesseract in 2012, be any worse than the Avengers traveling through time to grab Infinity Stones? And what about Thanos, why was the TVA not all over him?
How do you know you are doing something wrong? You don’t! It is kind of like posting over at MR.

Like @Edd said, according to the TVA some things are “supposed” to happen and some aren’t.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The way they explain it at one point is that some things are “supposed” to happen and some aren’t. Avengers = yes, Loki = no.

Yes, exactly that, now we can all enjoy the show 😄

And yes, we love it, and apparently it's hugely popular.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The issue is the TVA itself. They somehow get to determine what is supposed to happen and what isn’t, all the while kidnapping people from their timelines and making life less than the randomness it is believed to be.

Down with the TVA!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Spoiler for EP5, sort of for EP6 in that it's odd on something from EP5, I mean, this poster has no advanced knowledge, but if you want to go in cold.

It's odds on a certain who :D

i.e., the person in the castle, past Alioth, at the end of time o_O

2-1: (So, if you bet $1, you get $2) Some Loki variant we haven’t met. Maybe one who impersonated Odin at the end of Dark World and wasn’t found out until much later than the Sacred Timeline

5-1: Some version of a Loki variant we’ve seen. Evil Sylvie or Evil Kid Loki, for instance.

8-1: An evil version of Mobius or someone else at the TVA

12-1: Kang

25-1: Dormammu, Mordo or some evil version of Dr. Strange or Ancient One

40-1: Evil variant version of Thor, Odin or Frigga

55-1: Dr. Doom

100-1: The good Dr. Strange, frantically trying to backfill all the branches to make sure the timeline he claimed would work actually does work

150-1: Scarlet Witch, who conjured all this without realizing it while practicing in that cabin

500-1: Mephisto

10,000-1: Black Widow has somehow overthrown the Red Skull on Vormir and is using the Soul Stone to create this

100,000-1: Cap and Peggy used the Stones to create it before Cap returned all the stones. They are ensuring they are together for all time.

U

User.191

The issue is the TVA itself. They somehow get to determine what is supposed to happen and what isn’t, all the while kidnapping people from their timelines and making life less than the randomness it is believed to be.

Down with the TVA!
This sums up everything that annoyed me with the Marvel and DC comics when I was growing up in the 1970's - nothing is forever. The idea that you can kill a character off and them just bring them back a few weeks later.

And don't get me started on the "alternative timelines/dimensions/universe" nonsense.

I like my heros\villans to stay dead when killed - or if they going to come back it's part of the story as to the how\why they died.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
This sums up everything that annoyed me with the Marvel and DC comics when I was growing up in the 1970's - nothing is forever. The idea that you can kill a character off and them just bring them back a few weeks later.

And don't get me started on the "alternative timelines/dimensions/universe" nonsense.

I like my heros\villans to stay dead when killed - or if they going to come back it's part of the story as to the how\why they died.
I started collecting comics in the 70s through most of the 80s and the multiverse stuff was in full swing by then.

DC did have a legit logic issue with Supes/Bats/WW and the rest being 50 years old, and yet they aren’t. So I get why they went that route and tried to hold it together with continuity.

Then they did resets like Crisis and still do. But they’ve done the right and inevitable thing by virtually giving up on continuity altogether and trying to tell good stories. I’m mostly talking about DCs film/TV content here.

I find it easy now to just accept it. MCU already did a reset in its short life and I assume they will again.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's interesting that Loki has planned and even semi-scheduled a second season, unlike TFAWS or WandaVision. Given the reported timing, they could actually slip in another season before some other major properties hit the theaters (like the 3rd Ant Man movie)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The way they explain it at one point is that some things are “supposed” to happen and some aren’t. Avengers = yes, Loki = no. I’m caught up on episodes so there’s a bit more to discuss but I don’t want to spoil stuff for you.
I’ll ask again after I finish the series. It’s just completely baffling what the offending standard is and apparently if you are found guilty, they erase you. :unsure: I think we can agree that something that is supposed to happen versu not happening is not something most people even like Loki are aware of.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Regarding Loki, I don’t even understand what the sacred timeline is. It looks like a bunch of parallel time lines traveling together. My guess is the time keepers decide what is supposed to happen versus not supposed to happen, but who put them in charge? ;) And if the “what is supposed to happen” standard is a secret, how can they judge anyone for making something other happen? In the realm of time travel story telling, this strikes me as exceedingly weak. 👀

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My guess is the time keepers decide what is supposed to happen versus not supposed to happen, but who put them in charge?

Uhh, that's kind of the whole show ...

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Regarding Loki, I don’t even understand what the sacred timeline is. It looks like a bunch of parallel time lines traveling together. My guess is the time keepers decide what is supposed to happen versus not supposed to happen, but who put them in charge? ;) And if the “what is supposed to happen” standard is a secret, how can they judge anyone for making something other happen? In the realm of time travel story telling, this strikes me as exceedingly weak. 👀
I love the story telling so far, I love mysteries! I love that we don’t immediately know everything there is to know. We are presented with a world that functions in a certain way, suspicious way even, and we don’t even know who the bad guy is or what the real problem with the world is. Loki & Co. are figuring things out step by step and so are we.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
47AE990B-E620-4173-859F-BF88AB926EE6.jpeg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
most of what you do is pre planned its when you go off script is when your in trouble. but it would be easy to spoil it for you.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Episode 4/5- Sylvie, I get her being the female Loki, branching timeline, ie parallel universe where she is a girl. I don’t get how she is guilty of anything, of course this maybe is a question the series answers. Ok I got it,
it’s all a sham.
:)

Top Bottom
1 2