Lou Dobbs show canceled

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I mentioned it elsewhere, but I also pondered giving it its own thread.

At any rate, Dobbs has been loopy for a long time. This is long overdue. And it took a massive lawsuit to do it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
First off, why did this link force Apple News to open? If I need to do 15 steps to share things outside my favorite news aggregator then you do too. This isn't Macrumors, friend.

Secondly, Fox News' highest rated show is Tucker Carlson Channels Bill O'reilly's Ghost While Fending Off Sean Hannity With Steak-uum Reserves. That might not be the exact name of the show but it's still the highest rated. Lou Dobbs is like 18 cellar levels below that by comparison. Number of times Lou Dobbs has been quoted in a firey debate: 0.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I assume that it is to do with falling ratings - ever since the election, Fox are no longer the most watched channel, not even on the right - (the Guardian had an interesting piece on that subject this week) - and a desire to move ever further right in an attempt to recapture audience share.

After all, they no longer have to defend the insanity, incompetence, cruelty and corruption of the Trump administration, and can feel free to attack Mr Biden untrammeled by the need to have to reconcile inconvenient facts with what is actually happening.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I assume that it is to do with falling ratings...
According to the article, Dobbs' show was the highest-rated program on the channel. They note that in spite of that, he was having a hard time attracting advertisers. It doesn't matter how high your ratings are if your commercial spots are mostly filled with promos for other Fox shows. You don't make money that way.

But it sounds like the straw that broke the camel's back was the Brobdingnagian lawsuit filed by Smartmatic, with another possible suit coming from Dominion (which is already suing Fox News).

Dobbs has been off the rails for a long time now. Even in the Obama years, before 45th President of the United States Donald Trump, he was picking on immigrants. His hard right views have just become too costly for Fox to keep him on.

You can't help cheering these lawsuits. I hope Dominion and Smartmatic win crippling amounts of money in damages, so much that it makes even people like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity think twice about spreading lies they pulled out of their butts...even if they originated with 45th President of the United States Donald Trump. I'd love to see these propaganda channels forced to step a lot more carefully from now on.

Top Bottom
1 2